(Minor Spoiler) Jamie Looking Skyward

aeverett

At the end of the final episode of Season 7 'The Dragon and the Wolf', Jamie is leaving the Red Keep and looks skyward.  The camera looks down on him and we don't get his POV of what he's looking at.  Now, it might just be that the choice was meant to signify that Jamie was now alone in the world and to make him look smaller and isolated as the evening set in and a light snow began to fall, but considering there are several outstanding prophesies that contain certain astrological signs such as 'bleeding stars' and 'a crack on the face of the moon', perhaps he was looking at something in the sky.  Perhaps he saw Dany's dragons and decided to follow them to catch up with her and her crew.  Perhaps he saw nothing but was looking for some sign to give him direction?  

Seriously, what do you guys think?  Was this just a dramatic visual to convey a feeling of on-man-lost-in-the-world, or did Jamie see something? 

6 hours ago, aeverett said:

Seriously, what do you guys think?  Was this just a dramatic visual to convey a feeling of on-man-lost-in-the-world, or did Jamie see something? 

He saw snow, probably for the first time in his life, and that's why he looked up.

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Foreshadowing for the NK making it to KL somehow

For winter and the NK to be finally here. We are at the end of S7, and even the meeting in the Dragon's Pit was sunny. :( I was expecting something more wintry this season. After the tales of shooting late for wintry sets. Maybe Jaime will kill Cersei. But really, I want to see her facing the NK. End pay her debts.

41 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

For winter and the NK to be finally here.

Aye, I don't really think there was more to it than that. No foreshadowing, no ambiguity, it was simply the shows way to tell that winter had now reached as far south as Kings Landing, and was no longer just restricted to the north. Basically they're starting to run out of time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 2:16 PM, MinscS2 said:

Aye, I don't really think there was more to it than that. No foreshadowing, no ambiguity, it was simply the shows way to tell that winter had now reached as far south as Kings Landing, and was no longer just restricted to the north. Basically they're starting to run out of time.

That's how I saw it too. The snow was likely an indicator that staying in KL would not guarantee safety, winter is coming for everybody.

On 10/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, alienarea said:

I sure hope he saw something. Losing his right hand was bad, but losing his eyesight would be worse.

:D Maybe he'll train like Arya, FM style..

Archived