Ashara Dayne the greenseer

Falcon2909

On 9/29/2017 at 2:33 AM, Falcon2909 said:

Ashara Dayne allegedly commited suicide by jumping down from the palestone-sword tower.
She did it because of a broken heart or whatever - the reason why she did it isn't important.
What I'm saying is that while she was falling down, the three-eyed-raven paid a visit to her. The 3ER opened/tried to open her '3rd' eye, as he did to Bran and Euron.
So when her third eye was succesfully opened (or failed), she fell down into the water and almost drowned until some nearby boat rescued her. Because of her fall, her face may have been disfigured. However, she probably gained new abilities (greenseeing).
She was a changed woman now, and she wanted to learn more about this new ability and visions so she travels to Asshai and learns magic and shadowbinding stuff. And thus she takes the name of Quaithe.
(Dany doesn't notice Quaithe's purple eyes because she might be wearing contact lenses, or shadowbinding may have changed the colours, or the fall may have shattered her eyes).
Quaithe is able to visit Dany via dreams/visions of the future she learnt through greensight by using a glass candle.

I do drugs too

On 9/30/2017 at 6:33 AM, Banner Without Brothers said:

Plus the fact that Edric Dayne is named after Ned. Whatever happened when Ned came to Starfall House Dayne was very grateful. They also make no secret of that fact as Edric is about to tell Arya the whole story but she doesn't want to hear it because shes upset at hearing that Ned loved Ashara. 

I don't see how any of that could tie in with Ned ordering her death. Also Robert was on a forgiveness spree so probably would have forgiven any treasons.

If the Daynes are thankful for Ned, it could be that he let her flee instead of bringing justice, thus keeping the Dayne name clean without bloodshed.

Robert was forgiving, but not of Targaryens. The Daynes were involved in a plot to raise a legitimate Targ heir who could rightfully challenge Robert. I think the involvement of the Kingsguard, especially noting the LC's involvement, points to a serious threat. In fact I'd guess that Ned realized baby Jon's legitimacy, and therefore Robert's illegitimacy, but also knew it was too late to do anything about it. So he did his best to erase evidence of a legitimate Targ, save for allowing Jon to live. 

So Ned's lies include:

-Jon's real parentage/royalty

-What happened to Ashara

-Robert's illegitimacy as King

On 10/1/2017 at 6:57 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Her name is Seastar. 

Good point. 

On 10/2/2017 at 0:57 AM, Lord Asher Forrester said:

The mask is typical form shadowbinders from Asshai. Quaithe probbably is one, just as Melisandre,

I know the mask is typical but apparently it's not required or Mel would be wearing one as well.

Archived