Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mlle. Zabzie

Well-Fitting Foundation Garments

110 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Alarich II said:

You're welcome, although I am still unsure wether it's the idea itself, my ignorance or the mental image of some strange German running around with his measuring tape...

I suppose much of it depended on whether or not you were serious or making a joke.  Somehow it's even funnier now that I know you were being genuine.  I assume you've never seen a collection of bras before, which is fine.  I assure you, bra makers have figured out the different cup size issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies - my one recommendation.  Never buy your spouse (if you have a male significant other) SAX underwear.  The fit with the extra ball sack pouch has been described as "The hands of Angels cradling your balls."  Each pair is a small fortune, but Hubby will never go back to whatever uncomfortable rags he was wearing before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2017 at 10:56 PM, Week said:

Those are a solid choice -- I also got these recently which I think are even better. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M0MN0C/

That is the style I have gravitated to in recent years. Enough support, and less issues with seams riding up than the briefs.

 

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I suppose much of it depended on whether or not you were serious or making a joke.  Somehow it's even funnier now that I know you were being genuine.  I assume you've never seen a collection of bras before, which is fine.  I assure you, bra makers have figured out the different cup size issue.

I assumed Alarich was wondering about people with asymmetric cup sizes. Which probably has solutions, but rather like people with different shoe sizes does not result in individual fits (in the mass market).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also assumed assymetrical cup sizes, though with the ocassional exception, I assume women with a substantial enough assymetry to require differrent cup sizes will also want to minimize rather than emphasize the visual effect of that, so adding padding on one side rather than wearing an assymetrical bra...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Salome Sand Witch said:

Ladies - my one recommendation.  Never buy your spouse (if you have a male significant other) SAX underwear.  The fit with the extra ball sack pouch has been described as "The hands of Angels cradling your balls."  Each pair is a small fortune, but Hubby will never go back to whatever uncomfortable rags he was wearing before.

 

I keep thinking back to the David Wilcox song lyrics "silk underwear ain't right for a man"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, maarsen said:

I keep thinking back to the David Wilcox song lyrics "silk underwear ain't right for a man"

:D

But clearly, hands of Angels are just manly enough. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Seli said:

I assumed Alarich was wondering about people with asymmetric cup sizes. Which probably has solutions, but rather like people with different shoe sizes does not result in individual fits (in the mass market).

Thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding, of course I meant asymmetric cup sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really gotta get on that whole professional bra fitting thing :P I'm 23 now...I think the time has come to finally wear... *mysterious music* The Correct And Perfect Bra...:o 

Also anyone know of good tights that are comfy and hold the stomach in a bit that aren't those fuckin spanx things, preferably nude coloured. 

I want to wear more dresses but I just can't wear then with no tights because my thighs absolutely hate me and will always rub together and hurt no matter what I try >:[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has long been my dream to be wealthy enough to wear fresh socks everyday.  There is nothing on this earth that feels as good as a brand new sock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

 

Also anyone know of good tights that are comfy and hold the stomach in a bit that aren't those fuckin spanx things, preferably nude coloured. 

I got nothin'.  Nude tights are very much not a thing over here. I love skirts and dresses, but my wearing them is generally limited to two seasons. Summer when it is warm enough for bare legs and fall through before deep winter when it's just too cold, even with fleece lined tights and tall boots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It has long been my dream to be wealthy enough to wear fresh socks everyday.  There is nothing on this earth that feels as good as a brand new sock. 

Oh, I am 100% on board.  When I have a really really rough time going on, I buy a package of fresh socks, wear a new pair for the day; then they are gone forever and just go through the package.

The act of having the fresh sock and then making it gone is like shedding off all that stress.  (And yes, I deplore the waste, but, well, it still feels good.)

ETA:  I have also been tempted to try this, I am getting tired of the same old socks and underwear.  https://www.meundies.com/#

Edited by Guy Kilmore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alarich II said:

Thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding, of course I meant asymmetric cup sizes.

Sorry, that wasn't what I assumed.  But still, it is quite funny.  I imagine a bra with interchangeable cups would be quite uncomfortable.  They already tend to be uncomfortable as it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Whitestripe said:

I got nothin'.  Nude tights are very much not a thing over here. I love skirts and dresses, but my wearing them is generally limited to two seasons. Summer when it is warm enough for bare legs and fall through before deep winter when it's just too cold, even with fleece lined tights and tall boots. 

Yeah I never wear dresses or skirts or anything really all that feminine but I'd like to sometimes. But I just can't not wear tights with them as my thighs just rub :( I tried these things called bandalettes which go across the thigh to stop them rubbing together which were really cute but they seemed to keep rolling down my leg so were pointless anyway! :( it used to make me hate my body but now I quite like my body and would like to just wear flattering clothing and not jeans and t shirt all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yeah I never wear dresses or skirts or anything really all that feminine but I'd like to sometimes. But I just can't not wear tights with them as my thighs just rub :( I tried these things called bandalettes which go across the thigh to stop them rubbing together which were really cute but they seemed to keep rolling down my leg so were pointless anyway! :( it used to make me hate my body but now I quite like my body and would like to just wear flattering clothing and not jeans and t shirt all the time. 

I was going to suggest bandlettes, though you've already tried.  I had a similar problem with them rolling down so I just started wearing one of them and it worked much better.  I think the two rubbing together is what caused the roll down.  I've also used an anti-chafing runner's glide thing that I got off Amazon.  I find it works well unless you are going to spend many hours outside in the super hot humid part of summer, and then it won't work more than an hour or two before sweating off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I was going to suggest bandlettes, though you've already tried.  I had a similar problem with them rolling down so I just started wearing one of them and it worked much better.  I think the two rubbing together is what caused the roll down.  I've also used an anti-chafing runner's glide thing that I got off Amazon.  I find it works well unless you are going to spend many hours outside in the super hot humid part of summer, and then it won't work more than an hour or two before sweating off.  

Oh! You know what I never even thought of just trying one...that might work! :o Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my personal experience, but I know my wife uses baby powder too and it doesn't seem to bother her as much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Facebook has been bombarding me with ads lately about foundation garments.  There's a new company clamoring for my attention.  Since these ads are more relevant than the "Dating over 50"  "How to lose weight" and "Moms go back to School" ads, I gave one some of my time.  

Turns out that Zabs is correct and I am most likely improperly sized.  I'm headed out for hurricane supplies and I'll try to pick up a cheap foundation garment in the new size.   Expect detailed follow ups in the weeks to come.

Edit:  Zabs, I know you are shuddering in horror at the words "cheap foundation garment".  Let me clarify.  There is a place 2 blocks from me that sells underwear for $1.  It comes in WILD and wonderful colors that I have a weak spot for.  Occasionally I get a pair that don't fit.  Big deal, they were $1.  They have a bizarre assortment of brassieres that are similarly colored that are only $4 or $5.  Many a mardi gras costume has been saved by having a wild under-palate from this place.  I'll know upon trying on the new size if it's going to work or not.  If it doesn't I'll stuff the edges and wear it one of the nights I feel like walking around looking like a cartoon.  They don't have a dressing room, but there is such a low risk at that price point, nobody cares.

Currently wearing one I got from there that doesn't quite fit right.  However it is grey, hot coral and black striped.  I giggle a little every time I put it on.  

Edited by Lily Valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is this wonderous place of absurd undergarments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Where is this wonderous place of absurd undergarments?

Right here!  It's amazing!  Think Rainbow Fashion, but with really cute undies!

https://www.cititrends.com/?gclid=COKJjuCq39YCFdgZgQodF2cBEw

Edit:  Here's the location finder!

https://locations.cititrends.com/search.html

Edited by Lily Valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite the foundation garments intended I think, but the 99 percent invisible design podcast had an episode on the development of the sports bra. Basically interviews with the women who were fed up with the lack of support of existing bras who ended up designing their own solution.

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/the-athletic-brassiere/

Quote

Among the most important advances in sports technology, few can compete with the invention of the sports bra. Following the passage of Title IX in 1972, women’s interest in athletics surged. But their breasts presented an obstacle.

Bouncing breasts hurt, as women getting in on the jogging craze found out. Then some friends in Vermont had an idea to stitch a couple jock straps together to build a contraption to keep things in place.

Their creation revolutionized women’s participation in sports and launched what’s become a multi-billion-dollar industry.

...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0