Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mlle. Zabzie

Well-Fitting Foundation Garments

106 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, litechick said:

Having achieved a state of maturity wherein I have submitted to the necessity of washing one's foundation garments in a mesh bag and not putting them in the dryer (shout out to past boarders who have helped me reach this place), I am now confounded with the dichotomy of the mesh bag and the bra hook.

What the suffering fuck?  Hooks and mesh are natural enemies--they must clash.  Who is the heroine who will provide me with an alternative such that my foundation garments may breathe freely of water and detergent and yet not tangle in this visceral conflict?

I hook my bras shut before I put them in the mesh bag, keeps the hooks away from the bag.

Okay, so after our first shopping stint while being a bridesmaid for a friend, I have this to say on the subject of boned corsets:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Thank you. :P

---

To elaborate more fully: she's going for a "classic" look, by which you ought to picture, say, a cross between Jane Austen and rockabilly. We don't have to go with the super-squeezy and tight metal ones, just that the dresses themselves have boning in them to make a certain figure. It's not painful (at least, not in the short periods I've worn it) but so uncomfortable if you need to: bend over, lean forward, breathe, sneeze, not want to curse the bride, etc.

On the plus side, I do look amazing, if I dosay so myself, so there's always that. :D 

16 hours ago, Yukle said:

Okay, so after our first shopping stint while being a bridesmaid for a friend, I have this to say on the subject of boned corsets:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Thank you. :P

---

To elaborate more fully: she's going for a "classic" look, by which you ought to picture, say, a cross between Jane Austen and rockabilly. We don't have to go with the super-squeezy and tight metal ones, just that the dresses themselves have boning in them to make a certain figure. It's not painful (at least, not in the short periods I've worn it) but so uncomfortable if you need to: bend over, lean forward, breathe, sneeze, not want to curse the bride, etc.

On the plus side, I do look amazing, if I dosay so myself, so there's always that. :D 

Are you having a meal while in the corset? Just, you know, throwing that out there...

I don't remember who warned of the dangers of too-small panties, @Fragile Bird?  But I was wearing a pair yesterday and all I could think of was LYMPH DRAINAGE!!! Yikes they were uncomfortable.  My gf and I are different butt sizes.  Time to go shopping.

13 minutes ago, Lily Valley said:

I don't remember who warned of the dangers of too-small panties, @Fragile Bird?  But I was wearing a pair yesterday and all I could think of was LYMPH DRAINAGE!!! Yikes they were uncomfortable.  My gf and I are different butt sizes.  Time to go shopping.

Yes, lymph nodes at the top of your legs!!!

But, comfort, primarily....

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yes, lymph nodes at the top of your legs!!!

But, comfort, primarily....

Butt comfort.  :snickers: