Songs That Make You Want To Stab Yourself In The Face

Manhole Eunuchsbane

So quick little background just to set the topic up proper. My wife and I both work at the same medical facility, so we commute to work together. This is typically a 45 minute to an hour and 15 minute ride dependent upon traffic. Anyway, my wife drives more often than not, and our rule is that the driver controls the radio for the most part. Long story longer, my wife lurves Top 40 radio. For those of you familiar with the format, that means I get to hear the same 10-15 songs over and over and over, despite there being somewhere north of 6 different Top 40 radio stations in our "market". Normally this is not a big deal. I'll typically read my Kindle on the way into work or whatever, and hey, if it was unbearable, I'd just insist on taking half the driving duties, right? Every once in awhile though an especially insipid, despicable piece of ear cancer works its' soulless way onto the charts, and into our car.

This particularly rancid piece of rat shit calls itself "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift. Now I've never been a fan of this person's work, but I've never truly hated it either. Typically I can tune out this sort of bubble gum, throw-away fluff, but this particular turd features a segment that sets my normally iron clad stomach to retching. Shortly after the last half-maddening pass of the chorus (Ew, look what you made me do, look what you made me do , look what you just made me do) we get connected to Tay-Tays outgoing voicemail! You're not going to believe what it has to say...

Starts at 2:57 IF YOU FUCKING DARE

"I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, cause she's dead!"

Really? Is she really dead, Taylor? Was it a broken heart? Or was it the SOUL CRUSHING GRAVITY OF THIS MELODRAMATIC, EGOTISTICAL WET FART OF A SONG THAT DESTROYED HER VERY WILL TO LIVE? Don't bother calling me back, just go fuck yourself with a rusty mic stand, you self important, no talent twit. I hope one of your back-up dancers puts his or her stilletto heeled boot up your ass after having had to hear this song day after day over a 4 month tour. I hope you get a prolapsed anus on the back of this.YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!  

8 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I have a six year old girl.  The Decendants 2 soundtrack is on heavy rotation at the dinner table in my house.  Kill me. 

Oh Shit. I was all set to tell you that this doesn't compare to my 5 day a week torture, but a simple Google search tells me this is a product of The Disney Channel, so I feel your pain. Disney Channel programming and its' inherent progeny should be subject to a Scorched Earth policy of all out, apocalyptic, warfare. Fuck punching Nazis, they aren't nearly the threat to our society as a whole as the Disney Channel presents. Truly a gateway to the depths of Hell. 

As a bartender, I have so many pop songs that I am forced to hear far too often, and often drowned out by drunks attempting to sing along. Barbie Girl still gets cheers when it comes up on our awful brunch 90s pop playlist. Vile. I think my single least favorite song of all time is that "Tonights gonna be a good night" by whoever the hell thought up that hideous pile of rancid shit, and has made me suffer it and dozens of drunk 20somethings singing along over my years working or on the public side of a bar.

That said, I think this newest brand of bottom-shelf trap rap (and I am a lifelong hip hop junkie) might upset me more than anything I've had to hear. Thank god my bar would never play that Molly Molly Percoset aural travesty. Old man rants to the clouds, but that has to be the absolute worst mainstream 'music' I've had to suffer. Thank god for Chance the Rapper, he's about all I have left in the rap game these days. 

Usually some song you just can't escape because they are playing it everywhere, so even if you were just mildly irritated by it or didn't care to begin with, after a while you just want to scream when you hear it. 

Lately it's that damn Ed Shireen song, Shape of You. I was on holiday in Greece this August, on a sailing trip in the Aegean sea and visiting various islands - and that goddamn song was EVERYWHERE. It's when I really got sick of it.

Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond

An easy one for me. A truly horrible and annoying song made even more popular by the worst fans in sports(at least here in the states). Recently it's been in a commercial and it sours me every time it comes on and the people start singing that irritating chorus. 

Oh, and every country song ever. 

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond

An easy one for me. A truly horrible and annoying song made even more popular by the worst fans in sports(at least here in the states). Recently it's been in a commercial and it sours me every time it comes on and the people start singing that irritating chorus. 

Oh, and every country song ever. 

You know, I get where you're coming from, but I can't hate Neil Diamond. The cheese factor with that guy just puts him over the top. 

Anything by Coldplay or Green Day, they really are awful, I’m no fan of top 40 pop either but give me Tay Tays mindless nonsense over Chris Martins irritating voice and the boring, basic guitar and bass progressions of their music any day.

Uff, I have stopped listening to rock and pop music attentively a while ago (usually I listen to some classic music station when I am driving), that in combination with my ability to black music out, is a pretty good protection against music rampage.

Having that said, I really hate Seeed. And oh, yeah, I almost forgot Helene Fischer's "Atemlos" (probably the German speaking boarders will feel equally about that one), that's the one song that makes you want to drown kittens in the river, just so you get to hear a different tone. Nah, not really. But, you get the idea.

On 30.9.2017 at 6:19 AM, Argonath Diver said:

As a bartender, I have so many pop songs that I am forced to hear far too often, and often drowned out by drunks attempting to sing along. Barbie Girl still gets cheers when it comes up on our awful brunch 90s pop playlist. Vile. I think my single least favorite song of all time is that "Tonights gonna be a good night" by whoever the hell thought up that hideous pile of rancid shit, and has made me suffer it and dozens of drunk 20somethings singing along over my years working or on the public side of a bar.

What about Cotton Eye Joe? :') Or Erotica. Anyway, trust me there's way worse music out there (but Barbie Girl is really tough to beat in that respect). There's this German drunk tourist song about "10 naked feminine hairstylists with real moist hair..."  If you ever need a reason to set fire to a barbershop. So count yourself lucky. :)

3 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Currently, it's Bodak Yellow by Cardi B. The only reason why the song is as popular as it is right now is because of it's catchy beats. Cardi's lyricism skills are grade school at best. She's a poor man's Nicki Minaj in my eyes. 

Can it get any lower?

3 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Currently, it's Bodak Yellow by Cardi B. The only reason why the song is as popular as it is right now is because of it's catchy beats. Cardi's lyricism skills are grade school at best. She's a poor man's Nicki Minaj in my eyes. 

I've heard that she's a stripper/Instagram model that basically managed to hook up with a music producer, so yeah.

When I saw this topic I was wondering if it was about Look what you made me do.

The song is horrible.  I saw a review that compared it to I'm too sexy by Right said Fred

Come on, "I have a list of names and yours is in red underlined"

What does that even mean?

24 minutes ago, grozeng said:

When I saw this topic I was wondering if it was about Look what you made me do.

The song is horrible.  I saw a review that compared it to I'm too sexy by Right said Fred

Come on, "I have a list of names and yours is in red underlined"

What does that even mean?

It means Tay-Tay don't play-play.. ;)

Archived