Songs That Make You Want To Stab Yourself In The Face

Manhole Eunuchsbane

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I've heard that she's a stripper/Instagram model that basically managed to hook up with a music producer, so yeah.

Not sure that is fair.  I am no fan of her music but I have read an interview and she is very open about the job path she took; and how it allowed her to leave an abusive relationship.

Anyway..

I used to work at a bar that did karaoke twice a week.  So some 'classics' are forever ruined for me, including Margaritaville and Sweet Caroline.  I also found a hatred of Gretchen Wilson due to the time period, who I would have not enjoyed anyway but came to despise due to the horrid singing of it.  I can only now finally hear a Sublime song without cringing.

I also have songs that I hate because of their complete earworminess.  There is nothing wrong with The Way by Fastball but if I hear it once I am stuck with it for at least a week. 

11 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It means Tay-Tay don't play-play.. ;)

But shouldn't it be "Yours was in red underlined" or "Yours is in red underline".  She even stresses the "d".  

And yes, I realize I am nitpicking a Taylor Swift Song. 

"Santaria" by Sublime

"Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction

Any song by the Beastie Boys that is not named Sabotage.

That's all I got scratching the surface of repression.  Now I have to go listen to decent music to get this shit out of my head.

For me, any collaboration that includes Carlos Santana. My despite is so entrenched that some of my friends people I know give me Santanna cds for my birthday and Christmas as gag gifts.

Thus, I fucking hate them too.   

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Brass Monkey comes to mind. Just awful. I've always thought Beastie Boys were incredibly overrated.

Indeed, an especially egregious example, but really just one of many.  I have no idea how anyone could realistically listen to any of those songs for more than 15 seconds.

Also, I went back and read the first post in this thread and  can't help but agree.  I cannot fathom how anyone can enjoy Taylor Swift's "music."

Most Top 40 stuff, but I think a large part of that (aside from not really being my preferred kind of music anyway) is how pervasive it is. Seems like inhear the same songs in a loop for around 2-3 months before a new loop rolls in. I probably wouldn't hate the songs so much if I didn't hear them so much.

This shite that was despacito took the biscuit this year though, and I just couldn't seem to get away from it :rolleyes:

I have pretty shitty taste in music so I almost never look at or comment in music threads.  But I saw this one and immediately thought of that Taylor Swift song.  I've never hated a song more, and she's had a bunch of terrible ones.  It's constantly on, too.  Everywhere we go it's there.  I have done the extra loud groan in public because I was so furious at having to listen to it again.  It's truly shit and has the worst tune.

I also dislike Despacito, but mostly because it upsets me that so many people around me butcher all the lyrics.  It's a stupid silly song anyway, but I have this pet peeve where if you are singing along with a song in another language you ought to at least try.  Everytime I hear someone mumble along and then yell "burrito burrito" and then giggle, I want to drop kick them.  

Honestly though, I wish I had better taste in music.  I have satelite radio in my car and I feel like I just listen to the same shit over and over.  So many stations and genres, and I don't even take advantage.

I am not what one would consider a picky music listener (I love the new Taylor swift song, lol), so I will listen to most music. Give me your Spears, Minaj, Swift, Azalea, I will listen and sing along with them all (which at 41 looks quite funny), but you put Creed's "Arms wide open" on the radio and I will run my car off the rode.

Back when that song was out it was everywhere and I hated every lyric, note and angsty screech during it.  My wife loved cranking that song in the car just to see the expression on my face.

50 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

put Creed's "Arms wide open" on the radio and I will run my car off the rode.

Back when that song was out it was everywhere and I hated every lyric, note and angsty screech during it.  My wife loved cranking that song in the car just to see the expression on my face.

Holy balls yes. I would extend this to pretty much everything Scott Stapp-related

11 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I know I will be in the minority with this... but I hate the song Hotel California like it owes me money and clogged my toilet.

You're not alone in that at all. Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedy's frequently points to that song as the genesis of Punk. He says things like Punk closed down The Hotel California. The Eagles are as detested as they are loved, methinks.

Archived