Secret Santa XII - Gifts are arriving!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Copying my questionnaire from last year:

Are you over 18? Yes.

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Indian, Jamaican, Chinese

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Not much of a candy person aside from chocolate which, of course, melts. 

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Um...fresh & clean? 

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Board games & video games, trying new craft beers. 

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy & Sci-Fi. Historical fiction is also very cool. 

Favorite animal: Dragonfly, wolf, otter. 

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I like pretty much all kinds of movies. Most partial to dramas I suppose.

Favorite Color : Green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Coheed & Cambria is my favorite band, but my taste in music is pretty wide. I don't really like metal or country but other than that. 

Do you collect anything? Nope, not really. 

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? One can always use more socks. 

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'm gonna love anything you decide to send me so don't even worry about it :) Also I'm allergic to mango just in case that crops up for any reason. 

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green
b. Type of candy? Chocolate
c. Type of munchie? Pretzels
d. Puzzle to do? Logic puzzles. 

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.): Nope, not really. 

4. What type of hobbies do you have? I play video games and board games quite a bit, listen to audiobooks. I enjoy cooking and occasionally baking. 

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Madness. 

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? The latter is better, but it's almost always the former. 

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? A Christmas Story because it's A Christmas Story. 

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Non-religious. 

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

B sounds pretty great. 

10. Favorite Christmas music
Old Blue Eyes. 

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

A, always A. 

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant: Can't think of anything that fits this description. 

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: XL for shirts. 

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
White, blue, grey. 
b: kitchen?
White
c. living room?
White, brown
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
None in particular. 

Anything else your SS should know about you? Answered up top :) 

-----------------------------------

To give a more useful answer than everything above though: I'd love a gift that you feel best represents the place you're from or the things you love about where you're from. Can't really beat a gift like that. 

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):  I like italian and Mexican.  I took a trip to mexico last year and had the most delicious stuffed avocado, tasty tasty Mexican crema – yum!

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): I like citrusy and woodsy smells.  My favorites are Fasier Fir, green tomato leaf, and verbena.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):  puzzles, knitting with deliciously soft yarn, feeding my hummingbirds  J
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):  low fantasy, some sci-fi, mysteries and the occasional non-fiction
Favorite animal: I love birds, especially hummingbirds and also dragonflies.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Not a fan of romcoms, I love a big action movie, fantasy, sci-fi, and the ocassional indy flick
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: I recently discovered Jeremy Adamiak and just love him.  I like David Gray and that sort of singer/songwriter type.  My absolute favorite of all times is a band called the eels, but they haven’t released anything new for a while.
Do you collect anything?  Only dept. 56 Christmas village stuff and I have a little GRRM/JRRT shrine bookcase with thingies from Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.  *love*
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

What is your favorite: 
a. Color? 
green
b. Type of candy?  I love me some smarties.  Also dark chocolate/sea salt stuff.  And black licorice.  I once had dark chocolate covered black licorice and it was the best.  I've been looking for it ever since, so that would definitely be a hit.
c. Type of munchie?  Cheese popcorn!
d. Puzzle to do?  Jigsaw, logic, cross sums, jumbles, all kinds

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .I don’t have anything other than the Dept56 village, but am contemplating a Game of Thrones Christmas tree this year.  OR at least a ‘geek tree’  J
What type of hobbies do you have?  I love to knit, love yoga, just started playing pickleball, love trivia games.
If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?  Grown up me says Family!  Little kid me says Presents! 
Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?  I like the jammies one.

Favorite Christmas movie and why?  Christmas Story – ‘cause it’s awesome!
Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/  Non-religious, although I attend candlelight mass xmas eve.  I love the music and I love the Christmas energy.
If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters. 
Probably this one.  I like to be with family (most of them, any way) and I also like the traditional cooking and being warm and cozy is so warm and cozy.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.
Favorite Christmas music 
I like the classics, but I also like a new take on things – especially singer/songwriter stuff

What is your Christmas morning like"
a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above. 
This.  I’m usually a bit harried getting ready for Christmas and getting all my shopping, deco

rating, and baking in.  Christmas day is nice and relaxed.  It’s over too soon.  And I haven’t bought a thing yet!!!!
Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.  Jewelry.  I rarely buy any.
What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)  XL womens t-shirts.
What colors are in your home:  Lots of green and tan, some blue-gray too
What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc  Our home is decorated mostly modern, clean lines, etc
Anything else your SS should know about you?  I’m recently engaged, late 50s woman.  Oh, and I don’t drink any alcohol but am always looking for the best root beer and also the best balsamic vinegars.  And did I mention bacon?  And coffee?

Do you have any wish lists?  Amazon has my wish list, but I probably need to update that.

Hi all!!

I've been lazy and was post-poning answering this as much as I could. But I figured I'd help my santa out a little bit. xD Sorry for the delay!

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):

Probably something spicy. And I mean both spicy as in hot, or spicy as in cinnamon-y or vanilla-y etc...

I eat a lot of salads. I'm not vegan or anything. I don't really like doughy things. I definitely prefer chocolate rather than cookies or stuff like that. I do love nuts as well. Cashews are my favorite. I also love blueberries but I enjoy all berries. I do like yogurt as well.

Oh, but unless it's like prepackaged try not to send me food, because I live on the Dominican Republic and I have my mail forwarded from the United States.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):

I do like Vanilla and I like when things smell clean, like soap or bleach. But I'm really not a scent person. I would not enjoy a candle as a gift xD. Hey, at least that narrows it down a bit.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):

I do Yoga, I like to write and I play the piano.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):

Fantasy, all the way. I kind of like sci fi as well. But Fantasy is where my heart truly is. Magic, wizards, stuff like that.

Favorite animal:

Tarsiers and/or Deers.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):

Again, Fantasy. I love superhero movies, so anything marvel or dc is great. Yes, I like the DC movies xD. Also like Sci fi.

My favorite movies are the Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings movies.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:

I mostly listen to soundtracks. As in instrumental soundtracks. Neo-classical music. Classical, Romanticism music (Liszt is my favorite composer), stuff like that. 

Do you collect anything?

I collect pins. So like the ones on this link:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHKmOKv0Erl6mNsPums3C0_mCTFPRMBZVPQjlnpobegSmq2LIJ3g <---- YES

Definitely NOT like the ones on this link:

http://d310a9hpolx59w.cloudfront.net/product_photos/54807/ButtonBAck_original.jpg <----NO

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

I don't need anything really. Anything you get me I will probably like, except for a button pin xD JK... even though I don't collect those, I'll still hold it dear. So don't stress too much.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Silver
b. Type of candy? Chocolate (white, dark or milk) <-- kind of in that order, but not really, they're all really close.
c. Type of munchie? Chocolate, Peanut Butter or Cashews, I also love blueberries! Lately I've been loving caramel popcorn.
d. Puzzle to do? Jigsaw Puzzles and/or rubik's cubes. I like most puzzles really. 

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .

Not really. I guess christmas pins apply here.

What type of hobbies do you have? Yoga, Piano playing, writing.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Magical.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate family, but we dress up.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Christmas everyday. It's an old christmas tv movie that my sisters and I used to watch all the time when christmas came.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

Religious. Catholic.

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

I guess it's kind of a mix of B and C. I like the closeness of B, but I like dressing up a bit (not like for a gala, but at least a bit more fancy than normal) even if just for dinner.

Favorite Christmas music

O Holy Night.

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

B.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

I can't really think of anything here. Well, I guess I would buy like an original replica of a Hogwarts Robe or like Gandalf's Robe. Just like the ones in the movie.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

It depends. Probably the smallest size available. If they have XS it will probably fit me. I can't really buy in some stores because they wont fit properly. I'm a small guy. Oh, yeah, I'm a boy 5'5'' and I weigh like 130 pounds. So yeah I'm pretty small.

What colors are in your home:
I live with my parents so I'd rather not have home stuff. I don't really have a say on the decor xD.

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

See above.

Anything else your SS should know about you?

Just get something that kind of reminds you of me. I know you probably don't know me, but I hope that after reading this you get an idea. If not ask Lany, she'll probably point you in the right direction ;). As I said, I'll probably enjoy whatever you get me. Just being in the game and connecting is what counts. =D

Do you have any wish lists?

Not really.

2 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I apologize for not getting all the addresses out this weekend.  My cat died Saturday and I really just couldn't face being on-line.  I will work on it tonight

I'm sorry about your cat Lany :(

:grouphug: 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, KiDisaster said:

I'm sorry about your cat Lany :(

:grouphug: 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, Q the Cat said:

So very sorry for you loss, Lany.  You were good to Draco and I know you'll miss him dearly.  *big hugs*

Thank you both very much!

And thanks everyone else for being patient with me.  I have one address still outstanding, but all others are out.  I'll send a PM to the person without an address yet, then if you haven't gotten and address from me, let me know.

So sorry this is late, but it hasn't changed much from last year.

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I love Thai cuisines, but I’m not picky, I love food and anything spicy.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Lemon

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Right now, not really. But I'm always up for another book!

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Anything. But I'm currently adding onto my culinary (dietary science, gardening, etc) and anatomy collection, I wouldn't mind help :D

Favorite animal: Mountain Gorillas (but I love all kinds of animals)

Favorite movies or ty-es (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I don't really like watching television/films too much, so it doesn't matter.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Anything tbh I love music.

Do you collect anything? Books

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Anatomy books.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green

b. Type of candy? Anything really, I have a big sweet tooth

c. Type of munchie? Anything!!

d. Puzzle to do? I don't usually have time for puzzles anymore

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). Not really

What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, Cooking, Drawing, Hiking, and Sculpting

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Colorful

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?  The more the merrier.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? It's a wonderful life.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Nonreligious

B, sounds relaxing

Favorite Christmas music: ANYTHING BEFORE 1989

What is your Christmas morning like": D; all the way!

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. :dunno:

Last year I received a purse from Mlle. Zabzy!

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing):  Extra small or small

What colors are in your home: White, black, and grey

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc...) Modern.

Anything else your SS should know about you? Don't stress but I LOVE YODA!

Do you have any wish lists? Not really.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2016 at 5:02 PM, Lily Valley said:

Gah!  Deadline snuck up on me!  Am I too late?

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Floral or musky
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):Reading
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):SFF!  I love books!
Favorite animal:Cats
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:I love music, send me something!
Do you collect anything?Art and Books
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?I love scented stuff.  

What is your favorite:

a. Color?Red
b. Type of candy? Chocolate
c. Type of munchie?Chocolate
d. Puzzle to do?Logic

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .No

What type of hobbies do you have?Reading

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?Relaxing

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?Jammies

Favorite Christmas movie and why?It's a wonderful life

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/Catholic

Favorite Christmas music Bach Chorales

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Perfume

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)Women's medium

What colors are in your home: Red and yellow

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc eclectic

Anything else your SS should know about you? I love the BwB!  I've recently taken up birding and would love more books about birds.  Specifically about bird behavior, additional field guides (I have Kaufman and Stokes Eastern Region guide and both authors are great). I'd love something local / regional from your area.  Nerdy tshirts are always a hit.  :)  

This is super late getting up!   

Lany, I'm so sorry about Draco.  He was a wonderful, good cat.  :(

So I received a package from Amazon today and thought it was something I ordered, but it turned out to be my gift :o Arriving in record time!

A copy of Mr. Jack the board game! Thank you Santa, I've heard good things about it and look forward to trying it out at my next board game night :D 

Archived