Vegas Shooting

Which Tyler

14 hours ago, Relic said:

I've been "traveling around" for the last 4 years. Does that make me suspicious?

No, but the man bun and rubbery eggs sure do.

I have to agree with FB though, traveling in and of itself is not suspicious, but considering all we know so far, it seems pretty shady. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Darth Richard II said:

JOHN RINGO OH NO

sorry

Why is John Ringo so funny? He's writing about his wife having a serious psychotic episode over the course of months. Is this something to mock and belittle?

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Why is John Ringo so funny? He's writing about his wife having a serious psychotic episode over the course of months. Is this something to mock and belittle?

Uh, its a long running in joke, it's not meant to belittle him in any way. The dude sells tshirts with that phrase on it.

In a complete What The Fucking Fuck, it was reported the shooting stopped after a security guard was shot outside the shooter's room, but now it's been determined that the security guard was shot BEFORE the shooting started.  

I mean...what the fuck?  Talk about about a complete and utter breakdown in communication.  I can't even comprehend this bullshit.  So fucking angry.  I feel sick. 

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-20171009-story.html

olice have dramatically changed their account of how the Las Vegas massacrebegan on Oct. 1, revealing Monday that the gunman shot a hotel security guard six minutes before opening fire on a country music concert — raising new questions about why police weren’t able to pinpoint the gunman’s location sooner.

Officials had previously said that gunman Stephen Paddock, 64, of Mesquite, Nev., shot Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos after Paddock had unleashed his deadly volley at the Route 91 Harvest festival, an assault that began at 10:05 p.m. and left 58 people dead, with hundreds more injured.  

hey had credited Campos, who was shot in the leg, with stopping the 10-minute assault on the concert crowd by turning the gunman’s attention to the hotel hallway, where Campos was checking an alert for an open door in another guest’s room.

But Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Monday that Paddock shot Campos before his mass shooting — at 9:59 p.m. — and they now don’t know why Paddock stopped his attack on the crowd.

44 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

The timing of when the police met the security guard in the hallway remains unchanged.  They met him in the hallway, and concluded he had just been shot, when evidently he had in fact been shot many minutes earlier. The security guard was injured when the cops met him, and perhaps not too coherent in his communications.

So their initial timeline was in error.  As more info came in, they adjusted it.   It is (probably ) not a huge deal.

How is it not a big deal?  Is it common for security guards to be shot in a hotel and for 200+ bullets to spray into a hallway?  If they had checked out the shot up security guard and hallway immediately, maybe the fucker wouldn't have had ten free minutes to shoot up a crowd of people.  The fact that this guard was shot before the mass murder happened instead of during or after is not a minor timeline discrepancy.  It's massive. 

1 hour ago, Lew Theobald said:

The timing of when the police met the security guard in the hallway remains unchanged.  They met him in the hallway, and concluded he had just been shot, when evidently he had in fact been shot many minutes earlier. The security guard was injured when the cops met him, and perhaps not too coherent in his communications.

So their initial timeline was in error.  As more info came in, they adjusted it.   It is (probably ) not a huge deal.

I agree with Dr. Pepper, this is a massive change. Just goes to show you how cautious the police should be about releasing details before they have nailed down all the facts.

The security guard went up to check a report about an open door in another room on the floor. He went down the hall because he heard drilling, the shooter apparently installing  some equipment.

Now, once he was shot at, the security guard called in a report, of course.  I think it is still correct, though, that there were police in the hotel for another event taking place at the hotel who went to investigate the shots at the guard. But the first reports said that after the security guard was shot, the police decide that a SWAT team had to handle things, and that the security guard had distracted the shooter and brought the shooting event to an end. What actually happened, it now seems, is that once he shot the guard the killer went into his 10 minute shooting spree, and the police have no idea why he stopped.

Yes, that six minutes between guard shot and shooter opening fire on unsuspecting concert goers is a massive amount of time.  Then 10 minutes of shooting spree.  It's a devastating amount of time when you know scores died and hundreds more were injured.  

They also changed the dated he checked into the hotel, a full three days earlier.  

Of course, now that things become blurrier and no motive is found and police do not know why he stopped shooting, the conspiracy theories grow ever larger and out of control.  Lombardo blames the public's zest for information for having such a massively wrong timeline of events.  

You know, people were laughing at Trump when he said it was miraculous the police found the shooter so quickly, and honestly, I had to agree with Trump. But as more facts came out, I was wondering.

Right at the start there was this story that a fire alarm had gone off on the floor, because of all the smoke and heat from the guns being shot. Reporters were saying the guard was investigating that alarm. I saw a press conference where the police kept saying no, there was no such fire alarm. (An aside - so did he disarm the room's fire alarms? Wouldn't that trigger a sensor?)

Then, a day or two later, CNN showed a model of the suite layout, and the hallway that ended at the door. That little hallway was why, I'm sure, the first police who got there said, nope, this is for the SWAT team. They were calling it the hallway of death, or something like that. And I wondered why in heaven's name the security guard would walk up to the door while he could hear the shooting going on. One brave fucker, I thought. Of course not. He did go to investigate an alarm, an open door alarm, and heard the shooter drilling something. Bad luck for the shooter, but it didn't stop him. You really have to wonder why he stopped.

14 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

I'm not saying it's not a big deal that the poor guy got shot.  I'm merely saying that the revision in timing is not something to get angry or upset about, necessarily.

Who is "they"?  AFAIK, the police knew nothing about the wounded security guard in the hallway, until the police entered that hallway, and found that wounded security guard.  The timing of what the police could or should have done remains unchanged.

It helps to get the timeline right, sure.  But it seems to me you are making questionable assumptions.

Um, :they" would be the police.  The fact that they knew nothing about a shot security guard is a huge problem.  The timing could have been very different if they'd been aware someone was shooting up a hallway a full SIX minutes before that same someone shot up a crowd.  Previously the police decided to wait for SWAT after they finally found where it was coming from because the shooting had stopped.  Now they are saying they decided to wait for SWAT, and continued to wait it out while someone spent 10 minutes murdering people.  

How the fuck are you confused by this?

17 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

I'm not saying it's not a big deal that the poor guy got shot.  I'm merely saying that the revision in timing is not something to get angry or upset about, necessarily.

Who is "they"?  AFAIK, the police knew nothing about the wounded security guard in the hallway, until the police entered that hallway, and found that wounded security guard.  The timing of what the police could or should have done remains unchanged.

It helps to get the timeline right, sure.  But it seems to me you are making questionable assumptions.

Well, the security guard had a communication device of some kind, probably a walkie talkie. He reported being shot. And the news reports said the police got there so quickly because they were already in the hotel for another event. Much was made of the fact they immediately started searching for the gunman. But now it seems that the search started in response to the guard being shot. 

I don't think they could have stopped the shooter, the timing was too close. They may have gotten to the floor while he was still shooting, but the first thing they did was evacuate the floor. I bet they had no idea how devastatingly effective the gunman was. They were 33 stories up, after all.

5 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

It does not change anything.  No shooting was occurring while they waited for the SWAT team.  If he had resumed shooting, perhaps an argument could be made, in that hypothetical circumstance, that that they should have attempted some heroics at great risk to their lives.  But as long as things remained silent, their choice to wait for the SWAT team remained reasonable.

He did resume shooting.  He shot up a hallway with 200 rounds, wounding a guard in the process.  Then six minutes later he resumed shooting, this time directed at a crowd.  The waiting for SWAT seems reasonable when the story was that they were frantically searching for the room where the shooter was and that by the time they found it the shooting had stopped.  It's absolutely unreasonable now that there was this huge gap of time between initial shooting and when he resumed again.  

1 minute ago, lessthanluke said:

Yeah I am not getting understanding the outrage. Are the police psychic? If no one heard or reported the security guard shooting how would they know about it? Am I missing something here.

How can no one know that a hallway was shot up with 200 rounds?  

2 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

How can no one know that a hallway was shot up with 200 rounds?  

Was there anyone else in any of the rooms on that hallway when this happened? 

If not, I can easily see how no one would know this.

Just now, Ormond said:

Was there anyone else in any of the rooms on that hallway when this happened? 

If not, I can easily see how no one would know this.

All current reports state that the security guard went to check on the hallway.  Was shot.  He then was conscious enough to prevent another worker from entering the hallway.  Meanwhile, six minutes pass and then 10 minutes of shooting started and allegedly the police couldn't find the floor where the shooter was.  Previous reports stated that they had to evacuate the floor, indicating their might have been others there. 

I can not see how no one would know there was a shot up hallway and injured guard in the hotel.  It's a massive breakdown in communication.  Did it happen with the hotel?  With the police?  With both?  

Archived