NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

Seeing how much Big Ben struggled against Jacksonville today, this might be his last season.

Boy, the Giants receiving corps is just as thin and decimated as the Bears. I sympathize with them.

Julius Peppers still got it. 5 sacks by the Panthers defense. They're starting to look more dangerous.

Lol at spineless Mike Pence and his political grandstanding by walking out during the 49ers peaceful protest.

Nice win for the Bengals. AJ Green with some sloppy plays that resulted in multiple turnovers but I partially blame the rain. He still managed to have a big game. Burfict looked dominant out there all day as well. This Bengals defense is really good. I pretty much wrote this season off after they started 0-3 but as bad as the AFC North is they're very much still in the mix. Add in the Jags thumping the Steelers and this was a good day. :D

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

To be fair though, this Buffalo defense is for real. I've had to totally reset their rank as this season has progressed. I thought for sure they'd be challenging the Jets for the basement of the AFC East, but it's starting to look like they're the 2nd best team in that division. 

Hey now. The Jets aren't good, but they are 3-2 and I think they are legitimately better than the Dolphins (who they beat 20-6).

18 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Where did this RB for Green Bay come from?  He looks pretty sick.

He looked great in the game against Chicago too. A lot of us are just happy they gave him a real chance this game. 

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Nice win for the Bengals. AJ Green with some sloppy plays that resulted in multiple turnovers but I partially blame the rain. He still managed to have a big game. Burfict looked dominant out there all day as well. This Bengals defense is really good. I pretty much wrote this season off after they started 0-3 but as bad as the AFC North is they're very much still in the mix. Add in the Jags thumping the Steelers and this was a good day. :D

Bengals defense is great. Injuries piling up though. Great time for the bye week. 

Thought offense played pretty well despite Green’s uncharactistic mistakes. Without those, and the game isn’t close. Buffalo only had 220 yards of offense. Bengals just need to cause more turnovers. The talent is clearly there.

After an 0-3 start, they are only 1 game out of first in AFC Norh. Still in it with Steelers up after bye. Only issue is 4 out of next 5 games are on road.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:55 PM, DanteGabriel said:

Hey folks. A couple weeks ago I went way out of line insulting sperry. I was wrong and apologize to him for that. While I don't regret a sharp retort, I needlessly went personal and nasty. I recognize I have a habit of doing that, and I've been a dick to others in a similar way here. I apologize to the people I have insulted, and I apologize to the readers of this thread in general for fouling up a fun and active topic. I will do my best to keep from repeating my mistakes.

I posted earlier, but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle with all the games. 

I apologize as well, I was out of line. No hard feelings.

15 minutes ago, sperry said:

So are the Chiefs really going to trade/release Alex Smith after this year? Especially considering the fact that 1/3 of the way through the season he is the clear MVP of the league.

If they do, I think it'd be a catastrophically stupid decision. This guy is absolutely killing it. Plus--and I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things, so I could be completely wrong--it doesn't seem like his offensive tool belt is as large or varied as a lot of high-octane offenses in the league. Of course, it doesn't hurt that their defense has been doing a solid for them too. 

21 minutes ago, sperry said:

So are the Chiefs really going to trade/release Alex Smith after this year? Especially considering the fact that 1/3 of the way through the season he is the clear MVP of the league.

He's going to be the first real free agent QB since Peyton Manning.

Jaxonville will die to sign him.

I predict Alex will stay in KC. I think the fan base would crucify KC's front office/Owner if they let him get away after what very possibly may be a deep playoff run( if not All the Way to SB). 

Eta: another player down, this game (KC-Tex) is brutal on injuries tonight!

Archived