NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

2 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

That's gotta be a TD.

Edit: wow

Yeah that's one where we all know it was a TD, and tomorrow they'll have all the best shots to prove it. But in under 2 minutes live, they followed the rule by not overturning it.

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah that's one where we all know it was a TD, and tomorrow they'll have all the best shots to prove it. But in under 2 minutes live, they followed the rule by not overturning it.

Fair enough. Probably be all they talk about until Sunday. We will see if the lost timeout makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Fair enough. Probably be all they talk about until Sunday. We will see if the lost timeout makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Looks like it will. That was the worst pass I've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Oh no, the Eagles have a secret weapon!!! The legendary Leggarry Blount, who's only ever been useful as a threatless flailing towards the first down marker every 40 seconds. He was born for this!

They couldn't have Newton one upping them in the weird mistakes category after all.

WEEFL Media Insider here with an exclusive interview between myself and an unnamed feeder league team manager who has Experts experience. Due to the condition on ananimity under which this discussion was held, I will refer to the source as 'New Money'.

Me: Hello how are you?

New Money: Am I starting Jay Cutler in several of my most important leagues? Yes. I am.

Me: Uh?

New Money: Listen, I've been in Experts. Did a dime for some real nasty shit after too, on account of the commissioner backstabbing me and the blood war that exploded between our families. 

Me: Oh my god!

New Money: God? What know you of divinity? When it was over, when dozens were dead and that villainous commissioner was at my mercy I realized he was just a man. Flawed, unformed. I stared into the abyss of eternity and it granted me sight beyond your imagining. There will be a reckoning, and I envy not the wretch who refuses to stand in the face of tyranny.

(Standing) New Money: Jay Cutler has never been benched when he deserved it. He's been benched, sure. Put on IR when he probably could've come back later. And you bet your ass that his frankly abhorrent play has warranted a sitting. But never have the two coincided. Coaches stick with Jay, he'll recover and then they'll abandon him!

It was a good game last night.  Watching it live I was 100% sure that Newton touchdown was not going to win the challenge.  It looked like he probably scored, but it wasn't definitive.  You could maybe sorta piece together where exactly the ball was based on when his foot touches the ground, but it was hard, and the ref didn't have time to do that.

Ugh, I'm really pissed that the Eagles are this good, and we're going to be dealing with Wentz for the next ~12 years.  The Eagles probably have the best O and D line combination in the league.  On the plus side, the Redskins are 2-2 with close losses to the two best teams in the league in Philly and KC.  That's something I suppose.

12 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Actually, I think she wins the bet on a technicality anyway. The bet wasn't whether or not the court case would stick, it was whether or not Zeke would even file it.  

12 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah, M'Fucka. Stop tryin' tell me what to do with my worshippers.

Nope. This was the bet:

C'mon bud. Let's make it a title bet. I say that the suspension is stayed and Elliot plays in the first six games of the season.

It all comes down to week 7. If he plays, Jace wins. If not, ME wins.

Remember this next time you want to come at Minnesota and it’s state senate, Jace. After all, you’re from Indiana. What are you guys know for, other than being the epicenter for the Klan when it was at t height of its power and celebrating unathletic white athletes? Hey, wait a minute….

:P:P:P

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nope. This was the bet:

It all comes down to week 7. If he plays, Jace wins. If not, ME wins.

Remember this next time you want to come at Minnesota and it’s state senate, Jace. After all, you’re from Indiana. What are you guys know for, other than being the epicenter for the Klan when it was at t height of its power and celebrating unathletic white athletes? Hey, wait a minute….

:P:P:P

Alright, good deal. Well in that case it looks pretty good for me.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

It was a good game last night.  Watching it live I was 100% sure that Newton touchdown was not going to win the challenge.  It looked like he probably scored, but it wasn't definitive.  You could maybe sorta piece together where exactly the ball was based on when his foot touches the ground, but it was hard, and the ref didn't have time to do that.

Ugh, I'm really pissed that the Eagles are this good, and we're going to be dealing with Wentz for the next ~12 years.  The Eagles probably have the best O and D line combination in the league.  On the plus side, the Redskins are 2-2 with close losses to the two best teams in the league in Philly and KC.  That's something I suppose.

Yeah, the Iggles seem to have that balance, and that's without a decent RB. I've been able to watch 3 or their games now and was impressed with all of them. They are the only team so far to give KC a good game, methinks, and that was at Arrowhead.   

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, the Iggles seem to have that balance, and that's without a decent RB. I've been able to watch 3 or their games now and was impressed with all of them. They are the only team so far to give KC a good game, methinks, and that was at Arrowhead.   

Are you referring to the Redskins or the Eagles in that last sentence?  I would definitely say both teams gave KC a good game @Arrowhead, although the Redskins were closer to pulling off the upset. 

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Are you referring to the Redskins or the Eagles in that last sentence?  I would definitely say both teams gave KC a good game @Arrowhead, although the Redskins were closer to pulling off the upset. 

Ah, good point. I was referring to the Eagles, but you're right, The Potomac Basin Indigenous Peoples did give the Chefs a better game @ Arrowhead. Somehow I had forgotten that game was in the Chef's house. The NFC East might be the best division in the NFL right now. The Redskins have definitely impressed. With what looks like Elliot's suspension being upheld, both the Eagles and the PBIPs should be playoff teams. 

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Ah, good point. I was referring to the Eagles, but you're right, The Potomac Basin Indigenous Peoples did give the Chefs a better game @ Arrowhead. Somehow I had forgotten that game was in the Chef's house. The NFC East might be the best division in the NFL right now. The Redskins have definitely impressed. With what looks like Elliot's suspension being upheld, both the Eagles and the PBIPs should be playoff teams. 

Odd to say that because while I thought the NFCE would be tough this year, both the "good" teams from last year have been disappointing.  The Giants are in complete collapse and won't win more than 3 games this year.  The Cowboys are 2-3, with wins over unimpressive Arizona and the terrible Giants.  Maybe they'll get their feet back under them, maybe not.

So no, I would say the best division in football is either the AFC West or the NFC South. 

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Odd to say that because while I thought the NFCE would be tough this year, both the "good" teams from last year have been disappointing.  The Giants are in complete collapse and won't win more than 3 games this year.  The Cowboys are 2-3, with wins over unimpressive Arizona and the terrible Giants.  Maybe they'll get their feet back under them, maybe not.

So no, I would say the best division in football is either the AFC West or the NFC South. 

Yeah, I think you could make a solid argument for any of those 3 divisions. I guess if you put a gun to my head, I'd take the NFC South as being the best from top to bottom, as NYG and the Lightning Bolts are currently lowering the overall curves for their respective divisions. That said, I'd rather play NO, TB or Car at this point than Philly or Wash if I needed a win.

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

After starting 0 and 4 this season the 49ers are trying to kick start the team by cutting their best player. It's a bold move, and I'm sure Navarro Bowman will look great in a patriots uniform.

Probably cutting him specifically so he can go to a good team.  He's not getting any younger and has a long injury history.  He has no real place on a team like the 49ers.  I'd imagine they sat down with him and asked him if he wanted out, he said sure, and they went from there.

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

After starting 0 and 4 this season the 49ers are trying to kick start the team by cutting their best player. It's a bold move, and I'm sure Navarro Bowman will look great in a patriots uniform.

He's still pretty solid, but he's been a shadow of his former self since the knee, and really his sunset years deserve better. I hope he goes to a contender and plays great. Kinda the last official death of that lb corps that seemed destined to rewrite the history books. 

What might have been. 

Yeesh, who's left from the relative Glory days of Harbaugh? Joe Staley?

I also wondered the other day -- what if Alex Smith had been able to hang on to the starting job in SF? Does his career renaissance and Kaepernick hitting his limit take some of the gloss off Harbaugh as a talent evaluator and developer?

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Yeesh, who's left from the relative Glory days of Harbaugh? Joe Staley?

I also wondered the other day -- what if Alex Smith had been able to hang on to the starting job in SF? Does his career renaissance and Kaepernick hitting his limit take some of the gloss off Harbaugh as a talent evaluator and developer?

Yeah, Staley is the only one that comes to mind. 

I'm not sure Harbaugh is really considered to be a great talent evaluator. Lots of misses draft-wise during his Niners stint. It's not 100% clear how much pull he had in the draft room, but I don't think that was any great strength of his. Knowing what to do with the talent he had. I think that was his strength. 

Archived