NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

32 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! LOOK AT THE PASSION PIERRE GARCON JUST KNOCKED THE HELMET AND SOUL OFF OF A DEFENDER WHEN HE COULDN'T POSSIBLY GET A FIRST DOWN. AND NOW IT'S A PENALTY AND FIRST AND GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

SLAP MY ASS WITH A POWER CORD AND STICK YOUR FIST IN MY MOUTH, HARVEY. BUT NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kid has provided a spark, no doubt.

27 minutes ago, briantw said:

They're reporting a possible broken collarbone for Rodgers.  Of course he gets hurt right after I trade for him in fantasy.  At least it's dynasty, I guess.

NFL Red Zone just confirmed it's a broken collar bone. He will either have season ending surgery or wait and see and perhaps come back near the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

NFL Red Zone just confirmed it's a broken collar bone. He will either have season ending surgery or wait and see and perhaps come back near the end of the season. 

The football gods suffer not the impudence of mortals.

3 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Cool. An unnecessary late hit potentially ends Aaron Rodgers season. Maybe the NFL will revise late hits on players? Probably not.

Hopefully though it just ends up being 6-8 weeks or whatever it was back in 2013 when he injured it preciously.

6 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Cool. An unnecessary late hit potentially ends Aaron Rodgers season. Maybe the NFL will revise late hits on players? Probably not.

Hopefully though it just ends up being 6-8 weeks or whatever it was back in 2013 when he injured it preciously.

It wasn't a late hit, he was still releasing the ball.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

That hit on Rodgers didn't even look bad.  It definitely wasn't a dirty hit.  He must have just landed weird.

Yeah that's it, he has a history of collarbone injuries. 99 other times on that exact hit he gets up with a sore abdomen.

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

NFL Redzone just put up a graphic headlined 'Inured Stars' and had portraits of Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, and Odell Beckham.

Somewhere, Oliver Luck weeps for the career of his son.

Any week now, right?

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Any week now, right?

Not exactly brah, he's throwing a few with the scout team, but he's on a pitch count with no consecutive days. Also, no deep throws.

He could play, but he will be a lot healthier in four weeks. I'm cautious of saying this, but... If they really follow this regimen for another 4 or even 6 weeks... It's possible he could be more or less completely healed. They have to weigh the urgency of potentially 'saving' this season against the viability of their best player.

For any Jets fans watching the game today, that was a strangely weird and cruel call from replay HQ that robbed Sefarian-Jenkins of a touchdown against the Pats. I would not blame you for feeling jobbed.

Not exactly brah, he's throwing a few with the scout team, but he's on a pitch count with no consecutive days. Also, no deep throws.

He could play, but he will be a lot healthier in four weeks. I'm cautious of saying this, but... If they really follow this regimen for another 4 or even 6 weeks... It's possible he could be more or less completely healed. They have to weigh the urgency of potentially 'saving' this season against the viability of their best player.

I sincerely hope Luck comes back healthy and stays that way. Would rather have him playing healthy for years and years, than enjoy whatever competitive ability his absence would prove.

Jordan Howard may have just cost the Bears the game against the Ravens.  Ran out of bounds on third and long when he could have gone down inbounds and sent the game to overtime.  Now the Ravens are close to field goal range.

Archived