NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

Just now, Whiskeyjack said:

You forgot Mahomes.

Didn't count rookies, though I am conflicted as an Alex Smith fan 'cause I can't wait to see that kid play.

Week, I intended to make the list of guys who are not week 1 starters (except for Grapplo and Biskit) but who you should definitely acquire as a GM in case of a short term injury.

Fitzy and Keenum and McCoy are not franchise saviors, but I would feel good leaning on them for a game or two if I had to. They can complete basic concepts and functionally throw a football, which as you said is not something every starter can.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eli Manning. I don't even need to make an argument, I can just say his name. You lose, just like you're about to lose this here bet with ME.

:-P

You wanna make a bet on the outcome of that bet?

52 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Trying to get Jace's best backup QB's list up and running before the game starts:

Colt McCoy

Jimmy Garapolo = Starter

AJ McCarron

Ryan Fitzmagic

Derik Anderson

Case Keenum

Drew Stanton

Jacoby Briskit = Could be a starter in 2 years.

1/4 of NFL teams have a viable backup qb. Obviously, I'm counting depth charts here and where guys would have been on their team when they got there (I.E. Brissettee has only technically been a backup to  Tom Brady, Grapolo, and Scot Tolzien in his NFL career, but he is in reality Andrew Lucks backupand not the #1 starter for the Colts).

Garapoloio and Brisscuit are also the 2 I think would make the best QB1s for a team. Though I think BRiskuit would benefit from continued experience on a roster before a team is hanging its hopes on him. This might be the best thing that ever happened to his NFL career.

Matt Moore is better than at least 5 of those guys.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Trying to get Jace's best backup QB's list up and running before the game starts:

Colt McCoy

Jimmy Garapolo = Starter

AJ McCarron

Ryan Fitzmagic

Derik Anderson

Case Keenum

Drew Stanton

Jacoby Briskit = Could be a starter in 2 years.

1/4 of NFL teams have a viable backup qb. Obviously, I'm counting depth charts here and where guys would have been on their team when they got there (I.E. Brissettee has only technically been a backup to  Tom Brady, Grapolo, and Scot Tolzien in his NFL career, but he is in reality Andrew Lucks backupand not the #1 starter for the Colts).

Garapoloio and Brisscuit are also the 2 I think would make the best QB1s for a team. Though I think BRiskuit would benefit from continued experience on a roster before a team is hanging its hopes on him. This might be the best thing that ever happened to his NFL career.

Yo as a Packers fan I'm pretty offended you wouldn't include Brett Hun-

I can't even try to be loyal. I just can't. He's such Flaming dumpster garbage. UGH. 

1 minute ago, IamMe90 said:

Yo as a Packers fan I'm pretty offended you wouldn't include Brett Hun-

I can't even try to be loyal. I just can't. He's such Flaming dumpster garbage. UGH. 

When Scott Tolzien is your backup, you can complain.

:P

1 hour ago, Week said:

Agree with Brisket, Jimmy G, and AJ -- the rest are proven garbage other than a week or two fill in. 

Drew Stanton (14-19 TD/INT for career)

Colt McCoy (26-23 TD/INT for career - hasn't played since 2015)

Fitzmagick / Anderson = Old and bad

But dude, about one half of NFL teams have a viable STARTER -- forget backups.

Yep, peering into the depths of the backup QB quagmire is pretty terrifying. Garopollo is the only one who MIGHT have legitimate starter potential.  With the rest, you're just hoping for competence.

I just had a like mental simulation of what it would be like if I went back to skool full time and became a punter, and then got drafted and became a kickoff artist.

And then I was like 'Oh! I can't wait until all these funny kickers become coaches in 20 years!

Jeep Christ! I can't believe Chucky let all that time run off.

Yes, the Titans were gonna let it run to the warning anyway.

But, every play takes between five and eight seconds. So by forcing the Titans to run those plays before the warning you save yourself between 15 and 24 seconds. That's literally 6 plays if you're frugal.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

You can't really complain until your backup QBs are so bad you are forced to start Josh McCown

Or if you're from Cleveland. Then you can really complain. I think the real question is, if you're not from Cleveland, can you complain at all? 

I know this isn’t the place for fantasy talk, but this tale is worth it. We have a survivor league on this forum, and like it sounds, last place each week gets eliminated. I went into last night deeply in last place with a meager 41 points and only Succop to go. The only two people I could catch were Bronn, who had 63 points and nobody going and Mya who had 59 points and T.Y. Hilton. It looked like all hope was lost with 2 minutes left in the game and the Titans seemingly were going to kill the clock. I had 61.44 points, just behind Mya with 61.46 points. And then magic happened. Henry breaks off a 70 yard TD run and Succop gets me one more point, securing my survival.

And that’s why we play fantasy football.

Archived