NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Hello again, Navorro Bowman. He just leveled Alex Smith and forced him to rush a critical 3rd down throw.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!

THIS GAME IS LEGENDARY!

This game is dripping in action and drama!@!

Holy crap, Jared Cook (maybe) scores and we get a cut to Mark Davis in all his awkwardly jubilant glory.

ETA: Holy crap again, on review they rule Cook was down on the one foot line and they run ten seconds off the clock, 8 seconds left...

And Jesus, obvious push-off from Crabtree in the end zone negates his catch. One last shot from the 11 for the Raiders, after having two called-on-the-field touchdowns taken away.

And after Jared Cook lets a ball slide through his hands, a defensive holding call gets the Raiders one last untimed down...

Ahahaha, another defensive holding and another untimed down for the Raiders!

And finally a touchdown to Crabtree in the front corner of the end zone, and the kicker, who's been shaky all night, barely gets it in the right upright to win it. Craziest game ending I've seen in a long time.

16 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

O'Ren Ishi-I once told me that I needed to work on my prognosticating.

Let's just say that was the last time she did business with Badass Bitch Sidekick INC. and three weeks later she's getting her head chopped off by a little white girl who wants to play with samurai swords. Meanwhile, I've contracted out to Ridley Scott and am trying to salvage a tentpole summer film as Orlando Bloom's stunt double. Chryst, I ended up doing the entire thing. They just put a fake goatee on me and had Brendon Gleeson coked out of his mind trying to take my goddamn head off.

I swear, if it hadn't been for Eric Bana's afterparties I wouldn't have made it.

You ever slain Brad Pitt's ankle and then downed sixteen shots of Skull Vodka while hotboxing the set of Agammemnon's palace like the cure for sobriety was at the bottom of my shotglass? We shot half that shit in the studio, so eventually we all ended up strewn across Bana's lawn.

Then rinse and repeat.

Never change, Jace.

Don't look now 49er fans, but Jed York might have finally figured out where he could buy a clue.

On whether the protests have affected fan interest:

“We certainly heard some of that from people,” York said, via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “But I’ll say in full honesty our bottom line has been hurt much more by bad coaching hires and decisions by me than anything that has happened here [with protests].”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/jed-york-49ers-have-angered-more-fans-with-losing-than-protests/

Last night's game was a classic.  It was good to see the refs throwing flags at the end of the game.  Far too often "Let them play" becomes "Let them cheat".  Not one of their decisions was wrong IMO, including the overturn of Cook's TD.

I had a seat at a local watering hole next to a huge Raiders fan AND NFL gambler.  This time he'd bet against his heart ($1K) and lost it at the end of the roller coaster ride.

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Don't look now 49er fans, but Jed York might have finally figured out where he could buy a clue.

On whether the protests have affected fan interest:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/jed-york-49ers-have-angered-more-fans-with-losing-than-protests/

Saw that earlier.  Good for him to recognize.  Now the question becomes whether he has learned from it.  :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Saw that earlier.  Good for him to recognize.  Now the question becomes whether he has learned from it.  :dunno: 

Putting Lynch and Shanahan together seems like a good start, at least. I'm sure he'll make plenty of other mistakes along the way, but I did defend York before as not being as hopeless as someone like Dan Snyder.

Did Corey Coleman break his hand again? I just saw on PFT that he's on IR for a broken hand. That shit happened last year at like the exact same week.

Remember when people questioned her excellence Jace, The Pony Queen for saying that the Browns had found a new low 2 years ago at the hiring of Sashi Brown and the Moneyball people?

Remember?

REMEMBER!?!

12 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Terrible news for @Manhole Eunuchsbane and @Fez

Sam Darnold is to QB fumbles as Tom Brady is to MAGA.

Don't look now, but the Jets are currently one of many teams in contention for a wild card spot. They aren't going to get one, but even if they lose out and finish 3-13 they aren't getting the #1 draft pick. The Giants, Browns, and 49ers will see to that.

If the season goes well they'll re-sign Josh McCown (because why the fuck not? This is the team that was okay with bringing back Vinny Testaverde for his age 42 season) and if goes poorly they'll sign Jay Cutler or Big "rapist" Ben after the Steelers cut him, or something equally stupid.

Archived