NFL 2017: Sneaky-Good October

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Your namesakes raped and pillaged most of the known world and invented crucifixion. Oh yeah, and honey mead. That shit is foul. 

The Vikings invented crucifixion? The Romans did that shit since like 500 bc

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Much like other things invented elsewhere, the Vikings stole the idea, used it, and then claimed it was theirs all along.

Just like Brett Favre. 

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Nah, they invented that shit on Thorsday, and the Romans didn't pick it up until the following Saturnalia. They were just so Loki about it, it kind of slipped under the radar. 

Dafuq????

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

And the Romans stealing shit from the Assyrians and Babylonians (via Phoenicians).

In antiquity crucifixion was considered one of the most brutal and shameful modes of death. Probably originating with the Assyrians and Babylonians, it was used systematically by the Persians in the 6th century BC. Alexander the Great brought it from there to the eastern Mediterranean countries in the 4th century BC, and the Phoenicians introduced it to Rome in the 3rd century BC. It was virtually never used in pre-Hellenic Greece. The Romans perfected crucifion for 500 years until it was abolished by Constantine I in the 4th century AD. Crucifixion in Roman times was applied mostly to slaves, disgraced soldiers, Christians and foreigners--only very rarely to Roman citizens. Death, usually after 6 hours--4 days, was due to multifactorial pathology: after-effects of compulsory scourging and maiming, haemorrhage and dehydration causing hypovolaemic shock and pain, but the most important factor was progressive asphyxia caused by impairment of respiratory movement. Resultant anoxaemia exaggerated hypovolaemic shock. Death was probably commonly precipitated by cardiac arrest, caused by vasovagal reflexes, initiated inter alia by severe anoxaemia, severe pain, body blows and breaking of the large bones. The attending Roman guards could only leave the site after the victim had died, and were known to precipitate death by means of deliberate fracturing of the tibia and/or fibula, spear stab wounds into the heart, sharp blows to the front of the chest, or a smoking fire built at the foot of the cross to asphyxiate the victim.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14750495

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Pick up Sandman Season of Mists if you dig mythology. Fantastic perspective on a whole bunch of different pantheons from Norse to Greek and just about everything in between.

I'm currently getting the greek perspective on dat weed, m'fucka! Playin' a little Attila Total War and watchin' 'American Dad' on Hulu while reading some shit in the politics thread about you guys talkn' some straight insanity.

Dawwwwwg

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm currently getting the greek perspective on dat weed, m'fucka! Playin' a little Attila Total War and watchin' 'American Dad' on Hulu while reading some shit in the politics thread about you guys talkn' some straight insanity.

Dawwwwwg

Yeah, I seem to have a talent for pissing off progressives. It's a gift. :rolleyes: 

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I seem to have a talent for pissing off progressives. It's a gift. :rolleyes: 

Yo we old, but we tryin'. That's what makes it worth it yo! I know I ain't as old as yo, but I old enough to be on that lowdown.

14 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Any thoughts on the Niners? I'm hoping for more games like the first 2..in it but by all means don't win it. Josh Rosen here we come!

This week at Indy might be your biggest challenge yet. 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

I'm a progressive and you're aces with me.

Ah shucks! Thanks big guy. Yeah, I probably should've said regressives mostly. 

/And yeah, I'm with you on the Niners. I like to see some incremental improvements, you know like the D-line getting as much pressure as it has been, but I think winning is probably counter-productive at this point. That Rams game was probably the perfect compromise, ya know?

Archived