Chapters chronologically

Did anyone try to read books chronologically? For example you begin with Daenerys' chapters in Game of Thrones or you read FFC and DWD together. Did anyone try to create such list? I know that there is a list of chapters (Most precise ASOIAF timeline v.3) but unfortunately it doesn't include all chapters chronologically.

Someone has created a list for combining AFFC and ADWD here.

I don't know of any list created for the first 3 books, but the chapters are actually mostly chronological with the general exception being that the Westeros chapters and Essos chapters are largely out of step with each other. For instance, as you mentioned, the first couple Dany chapters happen months before AGOT Bran I. And IIRC the Dany chapters in ASOS basically happen all toward the "beginning" of the book chronologically, within a few weeks/couple months of each other. I actually think the precise timeline is inaccurate about a bunch of stuff, including the order of events in early AGOT.

4 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

Did anyone try to read books chronologically? For example you begin with Daenerys' chapters in Game of Thrones or you read FFC and DWD together. Did anyone try to create such list? I know that there is a list of chapters (Most precise ASOIAF timeline v.3) but unfortunately it doesn't include all chapters chronologically.

I have on occasion chose a book and read a characters entire PoV in that book. Problem when doing that is other PoV character chapters hold information that is important ---- as in the dagger & catpaw which was solved by gathering information via Tyrion & Jaime PoV’s which included Cersei conversations (not counting all the false information spun by LF in multiple PoV’s).

Looking at the two quotes below Tyrion left WF the same day the King’s party did (two weeks ago) and in Cat’s chapter which comes immediately after Tyrion’s chapter Cat reminisces it has been eight days since the King’s party left.

Stuff like that drove me mad and led to a lot of muttering & grumbling.

Chapter 13 a Tyrion PoV ----

A Game of Thrones - Tyrion II       The north went on forever.      Tyrion Lannister knew the maps as well as anyone, but a fortnight on the wild track that passed for the kingsroad up here had brought home the lesson that the map was one thing and the land quite another.      They had left Winterfell on the same day as the king, amidst all the commotion of the royal departure, riding out to the sound of men shouting and horses snorting, to the rattle of wagons and the groaning of the queen's huge wheelhouse, as a light snow flurried about them. The kingsroad was just beyond the sprawl of castle and town. There the banners and the wagons and the columns of knights and freeriders turned south, taking the tumult with them, while Tyrion turned north with Benjen Stark and his nephew.

And chapter 14 a Catelyn PoV -----

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn III       Ned and the girls were eight days gone when Maester Luwin came to her one night in Bran's sickroom, carrying a reading lamp and the books of account. "It is past time that we reviewed the figures, my lady," he said. "You'll want to know how much this royal visit cost us."

In preparation for the hopeful release of WoW in 2016 I did a complete reread in 2015. I forced myself to read every chapter no skimming or skipping (Stormborn is not a favorite of mine) in all five books.

With pencil in hand and spiral notebook at ready I wrote short notes making sure to include the page numbers. When I need to jog my memory it is easier to flip through a spiral notebook of approximately 100 pages (front & back) than sifting through approximately 5000 pages of paperbacks which contain my scribbles and underlined text.

Plus I now have :bowdown:  :drool:    https://asearchoficeandfire.com/

40 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

In preparation for the hopeful release of WoW in 2016 I did a complete reread in 2015. I forced myself to read every chapter no skimming or skipping (Stormborn is not a favorite of mine) in all five books.

With pencil in hand and spiral notebook at ready I wrote short notes making sure to include the page numbers. When I need to jog my memory it is easier to flip through a spiral notebook of approximately 100 pages (front & back) than sifting through approximately 5000 pages of paperbacks which contain my scribbles and underlined text.

Plus I now have :bowdown:  :drool:    https://asearchoficeandfire.com/

I'm currently doing something similar but with a google doc. Because you can't 'ctrl+F' a spiral notebook :P 

And asearchoficeandfire is possibly the greatest thing ever created by mankind :D 

Archived