Join us for Canadian Thanksgiving

maarsen

21 hours ago, TheMightyKC said:

A little early, isn't it? And is Canadian Christmas on Thanksgiving lol? JK winky smiley 

Uh, no.

Thanksgiving gives thanks for the harvest. Most of Canada is under snow by the end of November. The northern half of the US is under snow at the end of the November as well, their holiday is pretty late. You can't tell me the Puritans were celebrating the harvest at the end of November.

Happy Thanksgiving! We're doing it tomorrow. I'm just making the brine for the turkey right now. It's just a wee bird, 5.1 kg, because there are only 6 of us, with lots of leftovers. I dine with friends, and this year their kids are celebrating with the families of significant others. But it means Christmas is here.

On 2017-10-08 at 4:00 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Happy Thanksgiving! We're doing it tomorrow. I'm just making the brine for the turkey right now. It's just a wee bird, 5.1 kg, because there are only 6 of us, with lots of leftovers. I dine with friends, and this year their kids are celebrating with the families of significant others. But it means Christmas is here.

Hope you're having a great night :).

On 2017-10-08 at 4:15 PM, maarsen said:

We did ours yesterday as people had plans for today and tomorrow. Just having a beautiful day on the shores of Georgian Bay today.

Jealous of your waterfront view.

23 minutes ago, Thoughtful Jake said:

Hope you're having a great night :).

Jealous of your waterfront view.

It isn't waterfront.  I have a short walk to a.public beach. I can also walk to the world's largest freshwater beach.

Both American and Canadian thanksgivings are dumb racist holidays against my ethnicity and I have no idea how it's still socially acceptable

If you are unaware- aside from the whole generally insulting cartoon noble savage shit associated with it- the Jamestown settlement murdered and ATE local natives. Seriously, fuck Thanksgiving.

Archived