Aussie Politics: Please post your response (No stamp needed)

Yukle

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 11:56 PM, Maltaran said:

Now you can all get back to worrying about being torn apart by crocodiles :)

The "politician" who provided that slice of eternal deep groaning for his fellow citizens, Bob Katter, is an absolute nutter, but seven hells I can't help cacking myself about his extreme & abrupt changes in tone from "pleasant" to angry (& back again, in video snippets from other interviews).

7 minutes ago, Lord Corlys Velaryon said:

The "politician" who provided that slice of eternal deep groaning for his fellow citizens, Bob Katter, is an absolute nutter, but seven hells I can't help cacking myself about his extreme & abrupt changes in tone from "pleasant" to angry (& back again, in video snippets from other interviews).

I refer you to this splendid clip of Changing Gears with Bob Katter

12 hours ago, Ski the Swift said:

Is it just me or is The Betoota Advocate getting more and more on point with reality these days? I mean it's meant to be satirical but it rings so true.

The Advocate does good work.  It is a bit of a comment on things as they stand that the satirists are more accurate than the conventional press.

26 minutes ago, Stubby said:

The Advocate does good work.  It is a bit of a comment on things as they stand that the satirists are more accurate than the conventional press.

Or sometimes I find myself reading other news articles and because they sound so unbelievable that I think the Betoota haven't written them in secret, but they haven't and the conventuals press has just gone mad!

5 hours ago, maarsen said:

Up here in Canada, I have been watching Rake on Netflix. Is the show an extreme satire or do politicians regularly end up in handcuffs in your part of the world?

Nowhere near enough really. There is the odd one but they're usually local politicians rather than anyone important, unfortunately. Plus if we started arresting politicians here we might cause an international incident as most are agents for another country. We once lost a Prime Minister via submarine to China and an Iranian Australian senator recently said he would not contest next election as he is owned by Chinese interests. I can't remember how many but the high court is going through some politicians to check they aren't citizens of another country. Already lost a few.

Politicians are a joke here as much as, if not more than, everywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Squab said:

Yeah sure, whatever you want to believe but while you're at it, tell the Canadians drop bears aren't real.

You have some evidence that Holt was kidnapped just metres offshore by a Chinese submarine?

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

You have some evidence that Holt was kidnapped just metres offshore by a Chinese submarine?

The cause of his disappearance is unknown but the defection to china in a submarine is one of the more amusing parts of Australian political folklore. Usually gets ruined at dinner parties by the guy nobody remembers inviting.

Archived