Davos the Dragonslayer

Let's discuss dragon shit

42 posts in this topic

What  I like most about ASOIAF series is the detailed description of this complex world. But we never get description of dragon shit. I personally believe Daenerys as mother of dragons should give description of shitting babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good question!

Is dragon shit like bird shit? And do they "release" when taking wing to lighten themselves?

Or is it more compact?

And the million Dollar question - can it be used as fertiliser? Or weedkiller?

My theory is that dragon guano - as a product of magical beings - has magical weedkilling properties, the Roundup of Westeros, if you may. The proof is that the Field of Fire is still largely devoid of vegetation.

As dragonshit cut into the profits made by the Citadel from sales of their weedkillers, the Maesters have been slowly plotting to do away with dragons and regain their money making stranglehold on herbicides!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet Illyrio Mopatis, who deals in dragonbone and other stuff, will have shitty plots all over the place. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

I bet Illyrio Mopatis, who deals in dragonbone and other stuff, will have shitty plots all over the place. :ph34r:

This is foreshadowed by Varys' "off the record" jab - "get your shit together, man!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In DWD, a man appears before Daenerys in her throne room, carrying a sack with bones in it, claiming it is his child and that Drogon had killed and eaten her. So what do we get from this information? Did the bones pass disgestive system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMIFairy said:

<snip>

And the million Dollar question - can it be used as fertiliser? Or weedkiller?

My theory is that dragon guano - as a product of magical beings - has magical weedkilling properties, the Roundup of Westeros, if you may. The proof is that the Field of Fire is still largely devoid of vegetation.

As dragonshit cut into the profits made by the Citadel from sales of their weedkillers, the Maesters have been slowly plotting to do away with dragons and regain their money making stranglehold on herbicides!

 

Death comes out of their mouths in the form of flames, but life comes out of their butt in the shape of poop.

 

But seriously, what I'm more concerned with how much do dragons eat? They're massive and would in theory need a lot of food. Since they're reptile-like and are most likely cold-blooded, they would need a lot less food for their size, but dragons are described as very hot, which implies that they're hot-blooded and their massive size would mean that they would need to eat their own weight just to live for one day.

Honestly, their eating habits mess me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

Ugh. Bane this. We're not reddit yet.

As you wish:

You think Dragon shit is your ally? You meerely adopted the dragon shit. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see a dragon shit free area until I was a man. By that time it hurt my sense of smell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

But we never get description of dragon shit.

I'll just point out that these two are perfect anagrams:

dragonglass

grand ass log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lord Asher Forrester said:

Aegon III disaproves this thread.

Brainwashed into thinking Aegon is Dragonbane, not the maesters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JNR said:

I'll just point out that these two are perfect anagrams:

dragonglass

grand ass log

It should be discussed in dragon ass thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

Brainwashed into thinking Aegon is Dragonbane, not the maesters.

What?

No nothing to do about him being dragonbane that would be silly.

I meant because of his mother. Maybe too much of a dark humor, now i am too ashamed of myself to explain better, sorry.

Edited by Lord Asher Forrester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ask ol' shitty collar himself, Aemond One-Eye  Joffrey Velaryon.

Or maybe this is a job for Dr. Ellie.

Edited by Leo of House Cartel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

It should be discussed in dragon ass thread.

This is just a theory but I see a connection between ass log and house Blackwood. So Targaryen dragon shit may be connected there ... ;)

This also solves the dragon eating problem as dragons need the black coal or wood to fuel their inner fire. 

Edited by SirArthur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wood.

Coal gives them constipation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

What  I like most about ASOIAF series is the detailed description of this complex world. But we never get description of dragon shit. I personally believe Daenerys as mother of dragons should give description of shitting babies.

Dragons don't shit. Any food they ingest is incinerated in their gullet 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now