U.S. Politics: Can't Stand It, I Know Ya Planned It, Gotta Set It Straight this Morongate

Manhole Eunuchsbane

14 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

White privilege is a myth, Michael. If anyone is going to associate "privilege" to being white, then I ask them to explain why there are twice as many homeless whites than there are blacks, and overwhelmingly more than any other minority group? Whites are going to over represent pretty much everything because they're a substantial majority in numbers. When we talk "privilege," conceptually it's suggesting that someone is giving them this privilege. So, one way you can stave off these assertions of white privilege, Michael, is by challenging those who believe it's true to identify who's giving them this privilege. Is it the government? And if so, how are they doing it?  

That's because all the black men who would be homeless are in jail. The white men who run the country are the ones giving it to them

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

My last response to you in the Gun Control thread was more than a week ago. It was almost at the beginning of that thread.

And you're wrong here as well. Simply click into your profile and you'll see that you posted numerous times yesterday, and I didn't bother responding to you once. I suspect if I paged through your posts, that this would be true for most of the week. I'm not invested enough in this to be bothered. Today was not the first time you posted in a week.   

My bad, I hadn't posted in 4 days before yesterday. Last response was last Friday where you joined Kalbear in his attempt to insult me. (It wasn't the beginning of the thread--it was page 11.) And you guys only stopped because King Ned Stark called you guys out. I took 4 days off this forum. So out of the the 8 days, I'll credit your "restraint" for the other four.

2 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

That's because all the black men who would be homeless are in jail. The white men who run the country are the ones giving it to them

Please expand. (And if you read a few posts back, I acknowledge that I made a mistake in the numeric, so I don't know if that will affect your expansion.)

34 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

He needs a safe space.

This makes no sense. In this very discussion, I criticized safe spaces:

13 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Political discourse has been neutered in the sense that being provocative and yes, even a little offensive demands censors and safe spaces. It's more about prioritizing "feelings" than challenging philosophy and ethics, which promise a better condition for us all. Subterfuge instead of persuasion; docility instead of controversy. Do you know who needs their feelings protected and accommodated? Do you know who have an unchecked sense of entitlement? Children. I know it's a bit ageist of me, but modern (Western) politics, if nothing, represents the gradual regression to infantilism. And it's only going to get worse.

Why would I "need" one? If you're going to attempt to insult me, then be attentive when you jump in and out of that bandwagon.

1 minute ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

This makes no sense. In this very discussion, I criticized safe spaces:

Why would I "need" one? If you're going to attempt to insult me, then be attentive when you jump in and out of that bandwagon.

New thread, Cocanuts. Wake up and smell the chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

1 hour ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

My bad, I hadn't posted in 4 days before yesterday. Last response was last Friday where you joined Kalbear in his attempt to insult me. (It wasn't the beginning of the thread--it was page 11.) And you guys only stopped because King Ned Stark called you guys out. I took 4 days off this forum. So out of the the 8 days, I'll credit your "restraint" for the other four.

I stopped because I got bored. 

Just now, Mother Cocanuts said:

Whatever.

Sorry, but it's true. You simply weren't that interesting to keep provoking, nor did you have anything particularly relevant to say. And correcting people's basic math mistakes gets dull. 

Archived