What would have happened if Margaery had died with Joffrey?

Canon Claude

15 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

Well, I am sure there must be servers and such, introducing themselves to create a false familiarity to create an artificial situation to enhance the restaurant's rep, and the server's tip. ;)

I think John Suburbs (I mean, really!, good food in the burbs?), is used to fine dining = a waitron offering "the Strangler" (as advertised on TV) as the sine qua non for fine not so fine dining.

As an aside, not wanting to go off topic, do servers get decent remuneration? Grrm doesn't appear to talk about this. Bother.

Tyrion sees serving people carrying food and wine all throughout the throne room all night long. Not once does he ever see commoners wielding knives near the unarmed and unarmored high and mighty cutting their meat and pies for them.

Yes, we have some great food in the burbs. I just found a new sushi place that is outstanding.

In Westeros, more than likely, servers would get nothing more than a share of the leftovers, maybe a copper or two at best.

7 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Tyrion sees serving people carrying food and wine all throughout the throne room all night long. Not once does he ever see commoners wielding knives near the unarmed and unarmored high and mighty cutting their meat and pies for them.

Yes, we have some great food in the burbs. I just found a new sushi place that is outstanding.

In Westeros, more than likely, servers would get nothing more than a share of the leftovers, maybe a copper or two at best.

I was being a bit elitist about food in the burbs :(. Of course there are good restaurants in the burbs, though not compared to the critical mass of neighborhood joints in the city. :) (no offense) And, sad to say, Sushi, is not a valid comparison. Sushi is a commodity atm. I mean, children are eating Sushi. WTF - raw fish! 

I doubt the copper or two, I think the leftovers are more on the mark (if the servers are lucky).

Meanwhile, a cast of thousands meander about, refilling wine glasses, presenting courses, someone introduces the daily special, "the strangler", to the King. I think it is as easy to suspect the Lady Olenna, or Tyrion, or Sansa, or...

Torgil. He's had a trying childhood. Didn't get along with his peers; did poorly on significant tests. Perhaps would be diagnosed with ADHD. Manages to find a job as a server at the Red Keep, has an attitude, and decides to "express" his problems with Westerosi society by poisoning the king.

vs, Joseph Conrad - The Secret Agent - with great apologies...

18 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

I was being a bit elitist about food in the burbs :(. Of course there are good restaurants in the burbs, though not compared to the critical mass of neighborhood joints in the city. :) (no offense) And, sad to say, Sushi, is not a valid comparison. Sushi is a commodity atm. I mean, children are eating Sushi. WTF - raw fish! 

I doubt the copper or two, I think the leftovers are more on the mark (if the servers are lucky).

Meanwhile, a cast of thousands meander about, refilling wine glasses, presenting courses, someone introduces the daily special, "the strangler", to the King. I think it is as easy to suspect the Lady Olenna, or Tyrion, or Sansa, or...

Torgil. He's had a trying childhood. Didn't get along with his peers; did poorly on significant tests. Perhaps would be diagnosed with ADHD. Manages to find a job as a server at the Red Keep, has an attitude, and decides to "express" his problems with Westerosi society by poisoning the king.

vs, Joseph Conrad - The Secret Agent - with great apologies...

Sorry, but all the actual facts in the text, not the assumptions nor the imaginary text, point to the conclusion that the strangler was introduced to kill Tyrion, not the king.

3 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Sorry, but all the actual facts in the text, not the assumptions nor the imaginary text, point to the conclusion that the strangler was introduced to kill Tyrion, not the king.

Damn! I should have written my joke along the lines of, "so Torgil ... decides to show his superiority to Westerosi society by killing the loud-mouthed dwarf." :D

Interestingly, this works both as a criticism of my prior post (which was a silly joke, with no intent to criticize anything in your arguments), and as a criticism of your arguments. Which is it?

I'm not sure myself, though my inner-Tyrion seems to be at work here, and not appreciative of being targeted for assassination, and framed for the very same assassination that missed me. By the grace of the Seven... (or so flagons of wine I've drank so far)

Cheers

;)

9 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Which is why it killed Tyrion, not the King! Like GRRM TOLD US!

It killed the king by accident, due to a completely random, unpredictable act by said king.

That's the difference between the wine and the pie: the wine needs an entire series to random, unpredictable acts in order to succeed, while the pie needs only one random, unpredictable act to fail.

Archived