Stark men are not so Stark

Corvo the Crow

On 10/9/2017 at 4:54 AM, Фейсал said:

If you look at the family tree it's actually pretty funny how many Starks die without off springs. Being a younger brother seems to really get you places in the north.

But I doubt that's anything more than a legend. The Karstarks are a cadet branch - of course they would not look similar. 

It means thats its not important enough to know.

It would be a exhausting family tree of to know what happened to every stark. 

There could be hundreds of thousands of people with stark blood walking around winterfell and elsewhere in the north/

Its commonly understood that high lords marry other high lord.  And if it doesn't effect the current succession then its probably not important enough to know. 

42 minutes ago, Frey Kings said:

It means thats its not important enough to know.

It would be a exhausting family tree of to know what happened to every stark. 

There could be hundreds of thousands of people with stark blood walking around winterfell and elsewhere in the north/

Its commonly understood that high lords marry other high lord.  And if it doesn't effect the current succession then its probably not important enough to know. 

True. I'd like to add though, if it's a ruling lord we see having no children attached to him, then he probably died without any. As for his brothers, sisters and other relatives, yeah, they are pretty much irrelevant to us in a tree showing the mainline.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

True. I'd like to add though, if it's a ruling lord we see having no children attached to him, then he probably died without any. As for his brothers, sisters and other relatives, yeah, they are pretty much irrelevant to us in a tree showing the mainline.

Probably another big reason why lineages aren't detailed as much (besides  the author's choice) because of would be pretenders and usurpers in a time of crisis. fAegon and fStark. So in a time of inheritance problems, there could be a lot of power plays. So I think its better  to keep the info light as possible. But I don't think the current Bran in the story will be listed married to a weirwood tree.

Rhaena Targaryen had 6 hightowers girls, Do we know their names? no. Who they married? Does it matter? no. And thats only 150 years ago.. 

Archived