A spoiler moratorium on The Book of Swords?

Seams

I know the Book of Swords, with a story or novella or TWOIAF-type content from GRRM, hits the stores tomorrow (10/10/17). I am expecting / hoping for some good new insights into the swords of Westeros. I won't have time to read the story right away and I ordered it sent by non-prime, slow mail anyway. So will there be a post in this forum reminding people not to introduce any spoiler material for a certain amount of time? Is it usually a one month moratorium, or was that only for the World book?

I really hope to find out what Aegon the Conqueror did with the swords taken from the northern bannermen after Torrhen Stark bent the knee. But I want to read about it in my own good time, not have someone post a summary here!

I guess there will be a thread on TSotD. I guess I'll start one right away. And we should perhaps urge all people to talk about the novella in there.

But it is a rather special subject. The previous historical pieces did not exactly cause all that much discussion among people. Certainly not enough for dozens of threads in a couple of days. The plot is mostly known anyway. We have very thorough reports on the life and reign of Aenys I, and for the reign of Maegor we have the condensed version from TWoIaF. TSotD covers events in detail but such details should only cover the life and wars of Maegor the Cruel. 

If you want to stay spoiler free best ignore all new threads on Aenys I and Maegor the Cruel. That's what TSotD is about. Not Aegon the Conqueror. He features in there but the story covers the later years of his reign, beginning with the births of Aenys and Maegor. The swords that make up the Iron Throne are not really mentioned.

43 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I guess there will be a thread on TSotD. I guess I'll start one right away. And we should perhaps urge all people to talk about the novella in there.

But it is a rather special subject. The previous historical pieces did not exactly cause all that much discussion among people. Certainly not enough for dozens of threads in a couple of days. The plot is mostly known anyway. We have very thorough reports on the life and reign of Aenys I, and for the reign of Maegor we have the condensed version from TWoIaF. TSotD covers events in detail but such details should only cover the life and wars of Maegor the Cruel. 

If you want to stay spoiler free best ignore all new threads on Aenys I and Maegor the Cruel. That's what TSotD is about. Not Aegon the Conqueror. He features in there but the story covers the later years of his reign, beginning with the births of Aenys and Maegor. The swords that make up the Iron Throne are not really mentioned.

Ok. Will do. Thanks.

For the information of those trying to make sense of this thread:

TSofD stands for The Sons of the Dragon. Apparently the title/topic of the "history piece" focuses on this group. (Sorry if that's already a spoiler for some.)

There is now a pinned post at the top of the ASOIAF book discussion forum called

The Book of Swords - The Sons of the Dragon

posted by Lord Varys, an administrator of this site. Please go to that thread if you want to discuss the GRRM piece in The Book of Swords. It will be published tomorrow (10/10/17) in an anthology of fantasy stories edited by Gardner Dozois.

No indeed. Ran and Linda are the only admins. Helena is a moderator, as am I.

To clarify, unless for any reason Ran decides differently, we'll be applying standard spoiler rules for this forum. That is, for a month after release all material from the new story should be in spoiler tags or in a thread clearly titled as containing spoilers. Any material not adhering to these rules will be deleted and the person posting it may face further repercussions.

Archived