Wow, I never noticed that v.16

I never noticed how many of the greatest houses have ended in the male line

Durrandons (Baratheon marriage)

Lannisters (Lydden marriage)

Starks (Bael, supposedly but a male line in Karstarks exist)

Gardeners (Tyrell marriage)

Blackfyres

Nymeros-Martell (Doran's mother and possibly other princesses before)

Targaryens (Possibly; Aegon being impotent and Rhaenys spending too much time with singers and such)

Thought it was interesting since it's a male dominant society and there are even instances of daughters passed over in favor of uncles/brothers or even distant cousins (Gardeners during Manderly-Peake conflict)

20 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

He would be no one's cousin, no one's enemy, no one's sworn sword . . . in sum, no one. (Jaime VI, ASOS 44)

Har! Just caught that a couple of weeks back while re-listening to Jaime's chapters. 

I

Bran wasn’t the only character to see a smoky snake...

"You take her!" she yelled. "You get her out! You do it!" The fire beat at her back with hot red wings as she fled the burning barn. It felt blessedly cool outside, but men were dying all around her. She saw Koss throw down his blade to yield, and she saw them kill him where he stood. Smoke was everywhere. There was no sign of Yoren, but the axe was where Gendry had left it, by the woodpile outside the haven. As she wrenched it free, a mailed hand grabbed her arm. Spinning, Aryadrove the head of the axe hard between his legs. She never saw his face, only the dark blood seeping between the links of his hauberk. Going back into that barn was the hardest thing she ever did. Smoke was pouring out the open door like a writhing black snake, and she could hear the screams of the poor animals inside, donkeys and horses and men. She chewed her lip, and darted through the doors, crouched low where the smoke wasn't quite so thick.

Arya IV, Clash 14

II

Petyr loves bringing the proud lords low...

"A tale of somewhat the same nature, perhaps. But more easily believed. Lord Stannis has spent most of his marriage apart from his wife. Not that I fault him, I'd do the same were I married to Lady Selyse. Nonetheless, if we put it about that her daughter is baseborn and Stannis a cuckold, well . . . the smallfolk are always eager to believe the worst of their lords, particularly those as stern, sour, and prickly proud as Stannis Baratheon."

Tyrion III, Clash 15

A Dance with Dragons - Jon VI

"Lord Snow." The voice was Melisandre's.

Surprise made him recoil from her. "Lady Melisandre." He took a step backwards. "I mistook you for someone else." At night allrobes are grey. Yet suddenly hers were red. He did not understand how he could have taken her for Ygritte. She was taller, thinner, older, though the moonlight washed years from her face. Mist rose from her nostrils, and from pale hands naked to the night. "You will freeze your fingers off," Jon warned.

"If that is the will of R'hllor. Night's powers cannot touch one whose heart is bathed in god's holy fire."

I never noticed this; grey robe is for maesters

Fits well with these I think

A Storm of Swords - Bran III

I won't be afraid. He was the Prince of Winterfell, Eddard Stark's son, almost a man grown and a warg too, not some little baby boy like Rickon. Summer would not be afraid. "Most like they're just some Umbers," he said. "Or they could be Knotts or Norreys or Flints come down from the mountains, or even brothers from the Night's Watch. Were they wearing black cloaks, Jojen?"

"By night all cloaks are black, Your Grace. And the flash came and went too fast for me to tell what they were wearing."

A Clash of Kings - Arya IV

"Are you blind, man?" Yoren waved his staff back and forth, making the cloak ripple. "You see a bloody lightning bolt?"
"By night all banners look black," the knight in the spiked helm observed. "Open, or we'll know you for outlaws in league with the king's enemies."

Black banners and cloak is for NW

So in the night everyone is a maester or NW? Or should I take it specifically for Mel, her being something akin to a maester?

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I never noticed this; grey robe is for maesters

Fits well with these I think

Black banners and cloak is for NW

So in the night everyone is a maester or NW? Or should I take it specifically for Mel, her being something akin to a maester?

By night, meaning the long night, everyone works together and petty things like bastards and nobles don’t mean much because we are all the same and all trying to survive. 

Sansa is Dorothy.

Sansa lives in the dreary black and white North dreaming of going over the rainbow like in the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

But when she gets there, she only wants to go home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Y9eQAFYdg

And three help her…

The Cowardly Lion—Tyrion is not cowardly, but he’s a lion who discovers his competence and ability. While with Sansa, he learns to stand up to Tywin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JPUTJd2V8

The Tin Man—The Hound is a knight in shining armor who isn’t really a knight and seeks his missing heart after being emotionally rusted for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RHfXZkT1g

The Scarecrow— Dontos is the Drunken Fool who shows unusual cleverness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyhUHJKfR5Y

And Cersei is the Wicked Witch of the West(erlands)

5 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Sansa is Dorothy.

Sansa lives in the dreary black and white North dreaming of going over the rainbow like in the songs.

And three help her…

The Cowardly Lion—Tyrion is not cowardly, but he’s a lion who discovers his competence and ability. While with Sansa, he learns to stand up to Tywin.

The Tin Man—The Hound is a knight in shining armor who isn’t really a knight and seeks his missing heart after being emotionally rusted for a long time.

Hey, that's pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

Sansa is Dorothy.

Sansa lives in the dreary black and white North dreaming of going over the rainbow like in the songs. ...

And I'm seeing a weird little link between Littlefinger and Bloodraven. Baelish may be the wizard.

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

Sansa is Dorothy.

And three help her…

Legend

2 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Sansa is Dorothy.

The Cowardly Lion—Tyrion

The Tin Man—The Hound

The Scarecrow— Dontos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz

Lysa was the Wicked Witch of the East, that got crushed by Dorothy.

Knights of The Vale are the Winged Monkeys.

Winged Monkeys were controled by Golden Cap, made by Princess and sorceress from the North, Gayelette. Eventually Golden Cap fell into the hands of the Wicked Witch of the West. After Jon Arryn's death, first Jaime and then Littlefinger, by Cersei's order became Warden of the East, and Lord Paramount of The Vale. So basically Cersei, the Witch of the West, is controlling Knights of The Vale (Winged Monkeys) thru Littlefinger.

And Valemen in general are the Munchkins, inhabitants of the East of Oz. Munchkins wear only shades of blue clothing, as blue is the Munchkins' favorite color. Blue is also the predominating color that officially represents the eastern quadrant in the Land of Oz. Blue is Arryn's color. Their coat-of-arms is sky-blue falcon soaring against a white moon, on a sky-blue field.

The Good Witch of the North, and three grateful Munchkins, that arrived with her to Dorothy, are Lady Stoneheart, Jaime, Brienne and Pod.

The Good Witch of the North kissed Dorothy on the forehead, giving her magical protection from harm. Mothers usually kiss their children on the forehead, when they are parting with them for a long time, it's sort of like a blessing.

Name of the Wicked Witch of the North was Mombi. So Catelyn Stark, the Mom, was the Wicked Witch, same as Lysa and Cersei.

Catelyn was a very bad person -

"He was at the door when she called out to him. “Jon,” she said. He should have kept going, but she had never called him by his name before. He turned to find her looking at his face, as if she were seeing it for the first time.

“Yes?” he said.

“It should have been you,” she told him." - AGOT, Jon II.

But Lady Stoneheart is the Good Witch of the North. Name of the Good Witch of the North was Locasta. Lady StOneheart CAtelyn STArk.

While still an infant, Ozma, the baby daughter of the former King Pastoria of Oz, was given to the witch Mombi of the North by the Wizard of Oz. Mombi transformed Ozma into a boy and called him "Tip" (short for Tippetarius) in order to prevent the rightful ruler of Oz from ascending to the throne. Thus, Ozma spent her entire childhood with Mombi in the form of the boy Tip, and had no memory of ever having been a girl. During this time, Tip had managed to create Jack Pumpkinhead who was brought to life by Mombi's Powder of Life. In The Marvelous Land of Oz, Glinda the Good Sorceress discovered what had happened and forced Mombi to turn Tip back into Ozma; ever since then, the Princess has possessed the Throne of Oz (although many realms within Oz remained unaware of her authority).

Jon Snow is Princess Ozma, that was given to be raised by Mombi/Catelyn Stark. Only instead of being turned into a girl, he was turned into a bastard. But eventually he will become ruler of Oz.... 7K ^_^

So who's Glinda, the Good Witch of the South? Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of Meereen?

Scarecrow went to Glinda to ask for help in regaining the throne, but she refused and explained that Princess Ozma was the rightful ruler. She then set out to learn the fate of Pastoria's daughter.

In this context Scarecrow is probably fAegon, Pastoria - Rhaegar Targaryen, and Ozma - Jon Snow.

4 hours ago, Seams said:

And I'm seeing a weird little link between Littlefinger and Bloodraven. Baelish may be the wizard.

I'm thinking along those lines, too. I'm not sure we've really seen the Wizard full force yet. Or maybe there are several wizards: people who go to great lengths to be more powerful than they are now.

Robert and Joff to an extent were wizards in that they were very impressive on paper, but upon closer inspection, they disappointed. But they don't quite feel right for The Wizard.

59 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Lysa was the Wicked Witch of the East, that got crushed by Dorothy.

Nice! She ended up under a house so to speak.

59 minutes ago, Megorova said:

The Good Witch of the North, and three grateful Munchkins, that arrived with her to Dorothy, are Lady Stoneheart, Jaime, Brienne and Pod.

I'm picturing Stoneheart singing the Lollypop Guild. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

So who's Glinda, the Good Witch of the South? Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of Meereen?

I was thinking that Cersei was the good Glinda (from Sansa's perspective) who actually turned out to be wicked.

"Why not Theon the Clever? It was a daring feat, the way we heard it. How many men did you have? A hundred? Fifty?"

Fewer. "It was madness."

"Glorious madness. Stannis has five thousand, they say, but Abel claims ten times as many still could not breach these walls. So how did you get in, m'lord? Did you have some secret way?"

Mance's primary objective was never to save Arya, Mel sent him to help out Stannis first and foremost and he accomplished just that by forcing Roose to send out his forces piecemeal to be slaughtered by Stannis' starved but more numerous army.

Roose sending out Freys, his most powerful and only real supporters  is the worst blunder he could've made and Mance made him do just that.

5 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Mance's primary objective was never to save Arya, Mel sent him to help out Stannis first and foremost and he accomplished just that by forcing Roose to send out his forces piecemeal to be slaughtered by Stannis' starved but more numerous army.

Roose sending out Freys, his most powerful and only real supporters  is the worst blunder he could've made and Mance made him do just that.

Is there anything in her chapter suggesting this?

8 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Is there anything in her chapter suggesting this?

Apparently, Melisandre wanted Jon to send Mance to rescue his sister in order to gain Jon’s trust, but the especially curious issue here was that Melisandre saw Arya riding north, east of Long Lake, and Mance said he had a ploy in mind, asking for a handful of spearwives to help him, suggesting he knew that he would be going to Winterfell not the eastern shore of Long Lake. Later we found out with the arrival of Alys Karstark at Castle Black, that Mance did not even bother to look for Arya, and Jon began to suspect that Melisandre had some other task for Mance. He ended up thinking about Melisandre’s secret agenda at least twice more.

22 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I never noticed this; Cersei's kids will have gold crowns and shrouds  Joff and Tomm become kings and Arianne tried to crown Myrcella but failed Tommen will likely die before her so she gets to be crowned too.

You are probably correct, but is it possible that Myrcella was 'crowned' via the Arianne plot? Symbolically, this would fulfill the crowning part of the prophecy. 

I struggle with this because I don't envision a way Myrcella gets crowned even if Tommen dies. Would Dorne crown her instead of siding with fAegon or Dany? 

1 minute ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

You are probably correct, but is it possible that Myrcella was 'crowned' via the Arianne plot? Symbolically, this would fulfill the crowning part of the prophecy. 

I struggle with this because I don't envision a way Myrcella gets crowned even if Tommen dies. Would Dorne crown her instead of siding with fAegon or Dany? 

Wild prediction: Myrcella will be married and crowned by Aegon(f)... in a failed attempt to consolidate the Westerlands and Stormlands.

Archived