Pearl_A

The prettier Lannister?

16 posts in this topic

Upon rewatching season 1 (I know!) yesterday,our group of friends got into a discussion about who out of Cersei and Lancel is the prettier Lannister (in season 1 that is, when they both were at their most beautiful). Ultimately, we unanimously concluded that it's Lancel and commended Cersei on being confident enough to sleep with a guy prettier than herself....

Interested to know what you guys think?

 

Please try to limit your choice to either

Lancel or

Cersei.

https://strawpoll.com/7pddxpa5

Edited by Pearl_A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lancel is very boy-like. However Jaime... He is more attractive than Cersei ! She does not show uncertainty in that relationship either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for Jamie here as well, especially after he got his haircut.
Lancel is too boy-like in S1/S2 (and the big scar on the forehead kinda ruins it in S5), and Cersei...well, Lena Headey is quite beautiful, but the way Cersei looks on the show simply doesn't do anything for me.

I also like hearing Nikolaj speak swedish with that danish accent of his. :P

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I suspect, the eyebrows are the problem. If they made them similar colour as the hair for both Cersei and Daenarys, both women would look better. I am probably a minority here, who found Cersei with short hair more attractive, because it masks for this misplaced color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answers so far, guys!

I actually figured many would answer Jaime, hence  I consciously choose "prettier" (as in of the two) rather than "prettiest". Moreover, in my opinion TV-Jaime is more handsome than pretty.

beauty6: I kind of agree with your point about the eyebrows, even though I hadn't really thought about it before. Who then - in your opinion - is prettier out of Lancel and Cersei (season 1)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pearl_A said:

 

beauty6: I kind of agree with your point about the eyebrows, even though I hadn't really thought about it before. Who then - in your opinion - is prettier out of Lancel and Cersei (season 1)? 

You know, I am a plus minus straight woman who is into older or mature looking guys, so neither of them appeals to me that much. But, objectively, probably Lancel would get higher OK cupid ratings.

Edited by beauty6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beauty6 said:

You know, I am a plus minus straight woman who is into older or mature looking guys, so neither of them appeals to me that much. But, objectively, probably Lancel would get higher OK cupid ratings.

Thanks! Objective assessments was kind of what I was after. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Like I said, I too think Lancel is prettier, but I appreciate it being more difficult to say if one doesn't find either of them particularly appealing ( I do find both appealing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pearl_A said:

 Who then - in your opinion - is prettier out of Lancel and Cersei (season 1)? 

I've found Myrcella very pretty with the long golden hair, in yellow dress with plunging neckline…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie is much more masculine and attractive. Lancel is too boyish. Tywin is older, but still very attractive for his age.

Cersei is pretty, but not really beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei was at her prettiest in season 3 IMO. The wig was on point and she wasn't in black all the time. And she still smiled on occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, maybe season 1 was not her best after all. She was the youngest in season 1, but later they fixed the wirst makeup and wig sins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, Pearl_A said:

Upon rewatching season 1 (I know!) yesterday,our group of friends got into a discussion about who out of Cersei and Lancel is the prettier Lannister (in season 1 that is, when they both were at their most beautiful). Ultimately, we unanimously concluded that it's Lancel and commended Cersei on being confident enough to sleep with a guy prettier than herself....

I voted for Lancel. Lancel is prettier, but Cesei is quite attractive too. In that relationship, I think Cersei had the upper hand being the queen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I voted for Lancel. Lancel is prettier, but Cesei is quite attractive too. In that relationship, I think Cersei had the upper hand being the queen.

Yeah, that's a good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going by the show it's easy...... Tyrion, we aint judging them overall which case his stature would pale in comparison to someone like Jamie who is ripped and 6 foot 1/2. But as far as faces go he is more handsome than his brother.

Book Cersei is meant to be the most beautiful girl in the seven kingdoms at one point, I have never found show cersei all that attractive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now