Football: International Break-Up

Jordan La Cabra

We've been absolutely mediocre - our passing game has turned to shit so we have resorted to hoofball against fucking Benfica. Mkhi has been rubbish once again. He needs to come off and Mata move to #10 - either bring on Martial and move Rashford to the right or bring on Lingard.

An improvement in the 2nd half. We passed the ball better and more quickly which allowed us to control the game. We got a fortunate goal thanks to a goalkeeping error otherwise this performance can best be summed up as lethargic. Blind and Mkhi were atrocious - still baffled that they played the full 90 minutes. Rashford went off injured. Hopefully it's just a touch of cramp and nothing too serious. He was our best player today by a long way.

Was only able to catch the highlights of Chelsea/Roma. Shame we gave up a 2 goal lead, but I'll accept a point considering how hot Roma got. We're lucky we grabbed a point after the second Dzeko goal. Saw Azpi get beat on the first and third goal which is uncharacteristic of him. Brilliant goal by Luiz and Hazard. Nice to see Morata back on the pitch. Sitting on top of group C by 2 points so not terribly upset with the draw. Should grab another 3 against Qarabag, and hopefully grab 3 points against Roma or Atleti to advance.

14 hours ago, Mme Erzulie said:

The whipping boys who had drawn Sevilla and Spartak so far? Cool story, bro.

Maribor actually drawn Spartak at home, while losing to Sevilla away.

Maribor's GD of -10 in 3 matches so far makes "the whipping boys" sound about right.

3 hours ago, baxus said:

Maribor actually drawn Spartak at home, while losing to Sevilla away.

Maribor's GD of -10 in 3 matches so far makes "the whipping boys" sound about right.

Hah, I'd missed that they lost to Sevilla, somehow. I sit corrected.

15 minutes ago, baxus said:

Arsenal's starting lineup for tonight's match is clearly showing how much Arsenal care about the competition. :lol: 

Usually when the starting line up is that weak there will be someone decent on the bench. Not today. Out of their seven substitutes, I've only heard of two.

You know it is bad when even Matthieu Debuchy is getting a run out.

Don’t know what to make of our line-up today. Seems we haven’t put out our best team, but on the other hand, we’ve got real wingers on both sides. 

Hope Klaasen can kick off his Everton career today. He has - to my mind - shown promise so far, but he has suffered from change of league and the fact that one or two other players want his space (Rooney and Sigurdsson). 

I do enjoy the youth on display, though. Davies, Vlasic, DCL, Holgate, Pickford. And, just slightly older, Keane and Klaasen.

Should I triple post or not? No-one else here. The game is of such low quality that it really does not merit a comment on its own, yet the tedium is easier broken if I write something. 

A conundrum indeed. 

We’re so slow and ponderous in our build-up play that Liverpool could play us for six games straight and not let in a goal. Things are dire indeed.

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

Fekir looks quality. If Ozil and Sanchez piss off then Arsenal should be looking at Fekir and Lemar to replace them.

I’d love this. But only if Wenger goes with them. Hate listening to Szczesny talk about how Juve practices their shape all week, watches film of their opponents and then watches the game afterwards to see how they did. Then says all Arsenal does is train to get physically ready and it shows every week. Drives me nuts.

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Quite honestly I'd quite like Fekir to come to us to replace Mkhitaryan or/and Mata.

Wouldn't mind that. Mourinho likes Ozil though. If he doesn't extend, I could see Mourinho trying to persuade him to join us on a free.

So what do we need to score? Klaassen off, Lookman on. A younger team, then. 

Also, I think Klaassen looked better close to half time, and had a good pass for Davies (which the latter miscontrolled). Still, Lookman is someone I have hopes for. He has speed and technique. May come good.

Archived