Football: International Break-Up

Jordan La Cabra

A good result despite a bad performance. Credit to Conte, as his changes made a difference. 

That's as confident as I have seen Batshuayi perform for Chelsea. 7 goals in all competitions for him is a more than decent return considering the amount of minutes he's played.

Ah, well, our top four hopes stay alive.

We are being properly done by Huddersfield. We've been complete rubbish since the Liverpool game, unable to string three passes together unless it's pointless sideways and backwards stuff. There is zero creativity in the side. Hard to see us even managing to sneak a draw here.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

We are being properly done by Huddersfield. We've been complete rubbish since the Liverpool game, unable to string three passes together unless it's pointless sideways and backwards stuff. There is zero creativity in the side. Hard to see us even managing to sneak a draw here.

I've only just tuned in. What do you think of the line up? I know you haven't been a fan of Mhkitaryan lately, but has the alternative been any better? 

That was utterly utterly shocking.

9 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I've only just tuned in. What do you think of the line up? I know you haven't been a fan of Mhkitaryan lately, but has the alternative been any better? 

Honestly, Lingard's probably been our best player, if only by virtue of running around a lot.

2 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I've only just tuned in. What do you think of the line up? I know you haven't been a fan of Mhkitaryan lately, but has the alternative been any better

This has been the big problem for us. Mkhi, who was supposed to provide the creativity in Pogba's absence, has been poor and Mata/Lingard have not been any better. As a result, we have been moving the ball too slowly and become easy to defend against - contrast that to earlier games with Pogba. There is no creativity behind Lukaku which has resulted in him being left very isolated. There's not many options for Mourinho either - all he can do is bring on Rashford and hope that his pace and movement makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

There is no creativity behind Lukaku which has resulted in him being left very isolated.

In fairness, he doesn't help himself an awful lot sometimes: his movement is quite poor sometimes. He's far better taking advantages of spaces other people make than making it himself.

That's why Rashford should be playing, though with us playing this badly I don't know he's gonna make a huge difference.

Well that was all kinds of shit. We deserved to lose. Our poor play of late was bound to catch up with us. Losing Jones was a big blow as Lindelof had a shocker. We desperately need some of our injured players back asap. Pogba especially can't come back soon enough as our midfield is utterly devoid of creativity and drive without him.

Hamburg royally screwed by the referee. Jung given a red card for the most textbook yellow of the season in stopping a counter. They had given nothing up to Bayern until then.

Such a familiar story. It's one of the reasons toppling Bayern is almost impossible. Like Fergie-era United times 100. It was nice when that aura disappeared for a few weeks under Ancelotti - probably one of the main reasons he got the boot.

Just now, Horse of Kent said:

Hamburg royally screwed by the referee. Jung given a red card for the most textbook yellow of the season in stopping a counter. They had given nothing up to Bayern until then.

Such a familiar story. It's one of the reasons toppling Bayern is almost impossible. Like Fergie-era United times 100. It was nice when that aura disappeared for a few weeks under Ancelotti - probably one of the main reasons he got the boot.

Textbook yellow is a bit too much. At first it looked like a real reckless challenge, taking an injury for the Bayern player into account. After a few replays it looks like a yellow would have been enough. Having that said, I don't care how Bayern are pulling that one off today. I want to see a proper drubbing. C'mon Bayern, destroy their goal difference,

Finally, Tolisso.

11 minutes ago, Notone said:

Textbook yellow is a bit too much. At first it looked like a real reckless challenge, taking an injury for the Bayern player into account. After a few replays it looks like a yellow would have been enough. Having that said, I don't care how Bayern are pulling that one off today. I want to see a proper drubbing. C'mon Bayern, destroy their goal difference,

Finally, Tolisso.

Even a St Pauli fan agreeing HSV didn't deserve a red. Never thought I'd see the day. 'Finally' is a bit much when Tolisso's goal was their first shot on target.

Marco Fritz now literally blocking a Hamburg through-ball seems a rather apt summary of his performance.

Valencia have been very good against Sevilla. They've just brushed them aside with ease. Marcelino has got Valencia playing like a proper team again. Kondogbia has rediscovered his best form and has been outstanding thus far this season. Carlos Soler and especially Gonçalo Guedes look like real talents.

Archived