Football: International Break-Up

Jordan La Cabra

23 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Wouldn't mind that. Mourinho likes Ozil though. If he doesn't extend, I could see Mourinho trying to persuade him to join us on a free.

I think Mourinho knows how to use Ozil better than Wenger does, too, but even though I think Ozil's reputation for timidity and coasting is fairly undeserved, he's also not quite as much of an improvement in that respect over Mata as I'd ideally like. I want someone who'll both pass and beat a man. I mean, Mikhi would be great if he was consistent.

1 minute ago, Rorshach said:

Williams lucky. Didn’t need to go at the keeper. At all.

Dunno what he was thinking at all. Stupid, pointless, petty, and potentially dangerous.

Ah. Our team isn’t young enough. So now we need Mirallas off, Sandro on.

We now have all off Williams, Sigurdsson and Martina who can be called old-ish. Keane being fourth oldest player.. 

And Williams score. Thank a bad ref!

Entertaining game. Koeman did make changes and introduced pace up front but no matter what he does, things are just not working. Everton are in a bad place right now and things could get worse with Arsenal next up in the league followed by Chelsea in the league cup. At this point I don't see them winning their two league games after Arsenal either (Leicester and Watford either side of a trip to Lyon).

Watford deserve to go in level. They do need to put more effort into closing down players looking to have a pop from outside the box. Watford were unlucky with the goal they conceded. That was definitely a goal kick rather than a corner which led to the goal. Great strike from Pedro though.

Horrific miss by Richarlison. Seemed easier to score there but fortunately for Watford it hadn't proved costly thanks to Pereyra.

ETA. Richarlison fluffs another one - a free header inside the six yard box. Really poor from him. Watford have had three clear as day chances in this half and Richarlison has fluffed two of them. Watford could have been out of sight by now.

Archived