Best ASoIaF player

Tygett Lannister

11 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Your list is inadequate.  You left out the best power player in the novels:  Daenerys Targaryen.  Your list consists of second-class players, except for Tywin, Illyrio, and LF,  by comparison.  A young maiden forced to marry into the horse culture of the Dothraki managed to win over Khal Drogo and become a respected Khaleesi in her own right.  Sansa would have died in the same situation.  Dany has real power.  Her power is not based in illusion, perception, or belief.  Her power is real.  Walking into that fire is a clear demonstration of courage and confidence.  Dany earned her power and deserves it.  Varys' silly riddle does not apply at this level.  It is only relevant to those who have a tenuous grip on power.  Dany's power is absolute.  The loyalty of the unsullied and that of her own khalasar are absolute.  Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal are completely loyal.  That's real power.

Tyrion!  Tyrion never won power by himself.  He only became the hand of the king because Tywin gave him the office.  He's a poor player of the game.  And Margie!  She doesn't have power.  Yes, she has some political skills but she herself does not have power.  You don't have power if you're riding the coat tails of the powerful and are at their mercy.  You don't have real power if you have to convince another more powerful to get things done.  Influence and power are not exactly the same.  Varys has influence but his power is limited.  Therefore, he can play all he wants but until he gains real power, he can't be considered the best player.  Doran earned the right to rule by virtue of birth.  He didn't scheme his way to the leadership of Dorne.  Now, Illyrio, yeah, I can see why he would be on the list.  Wealth is power and he earned his.  LF destroyed the Starks and the Baratheons, so yeah, he's up there.

And Littlefinger... The only people he ever played was naive-as-hell-Ned, drunk-as-hell-Cersei and crazy-as-hell-Lysa. Not super impressive really.

47 minutes ago, Sigella said:

And Littlefinger... The only people he ever played was naive-as-hell-Ned, drunk-as-hell-Cersei and crazy-as-hell-Lysa. Not super impressive really.

And the Tywin, Tyrion, Jon Arryn, Olenna, Caitlyn, stole like 3 milion form Iron Throne and got away with it, crossed Varys' plans ...

Ned, Cersei and Lysa still seem to me more reasonable people than someone who trades all his brainwashed soldiers for a beast he has no idea how and if he can control it. Dany played no-one apart from Astapor masters who as I explained were really really stupid to do what they did. It was something on a level of crazy Russians that put a person on airbags and activate it.

12 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Your list is inadequate.  You left out the best power player in the novels:  Daenerys Targaryen.  Your list consists of second-class players, except for Tywin, Illyrio, and LF,  by comparison.  A young maiden forced to marry into the horse culture of the Dothraki managed to win over Khal Drogo and become a respected Khaleesi in her own right.  Sansa would have died in the same situation.  Dany has real power.  Her power is not based in illusion, perception, or belief.  Her power is real.  Walking into that fire is a clear demonstration of courage and confidence.  Dany earned her power and deserves it.  Varys' silly riddle does not apply at this level.  It is only relevant to those who have a tenuous grip on power.  Dany's power is absolute.  The loyalty of the unsullied and that of her own khalasar are absolute.  Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal are completely loyal.  That's real power.

She didn't win over Khal Drogo, they fell in love. Let show you a real example of winning over your husband: Margaery over Joffrey, which you later on say she is worse player than Dany. Dany has power but that doesn't makes her a good player. Best players have power that is illusion, perception or belief. Her real power comes from Dragons and she was gifted dragons from Illyrio and she had the right genes to hatch them, no achievement here. Do you think she would walk into fire if her flesh would start burning, she felt fine so she kept walking. Walking into fire is something that someone does when he is desperate (she lost Drogo), it is not some rational decision. Unsullied are brainwashed and still follow her because she was given the stick, they don't know what freedom means, they were granted to her, they follow her. Dothraki that follow her were sworn to serve her when Drogo was alive and she also went into fire and came back out that is kinda impressive. Yes she has dragons wow, she outplayed those eggshells with 200IQ. She has real power but that doesn't makes her a good player. You clearly don't understand concept of a player.

Later you also mention how Doran was born into power. And Dany wasn't lol? Dragon genes, beauty, married to most powerful leader in Essos, dragon eggs, hatched dragons with some instinct that was in her or maybe just randomly, non of that is her doing all that was given to her at birth or by Illyrio. You sound like Cersei lol thinking power is just something you are born, money, armies. I am not saying being born into power makes you automatically a bad player but you have to show some skills not just abuse what you gained from your daddy and mommy and Doran is good example of a good player that was born into power. LF was also lucky to be ward in Riverrun, but later he achieved a lot.

Also:  Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

32 minutes ago, Tygett Greenshield said:

And the Tywin, Tyrion, Jon Arryn, Olenna, Caitlyn, stole like 3 milion form Iron Throne and got away with it, crossed Varys' plans ...

Ned, Cersei and Lysa still seem to me more reasonable people than someone who trades all his brainwashed soldiers for a beast he has no idea how and if he can control it. Dany played no-one apart from Astapor masters who as I explained were really really stupid to do what they did. It was something on a level of crazy Russians that put a person on airbags and activate it.

I'll say sure - he did set Tyrion up (even in playish manor!). But the rest are sad little figments of your imagination. Like WHEN did LF "play" Tywin? Pretty sure you're a troll, even taking down your bs "poll" when Dany had the lead... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Sigella said:

I'll say sure - he did set Tyrion up (even in playish manor!). But the rest are sad little figments of your imagination. Like WHEN did LF "play" Tywin? Pretty sure you're a troll, even taking down your bs "poll" when Dany had the lead... :rolleyes:

Took it down because somebody realized you can vote multiple times and has nothing better to do but to spam vote Dany because she is salty she was not on the list...  :rolleyes:

Sad little figments of my imagination and ~35% others who voted for him being best player which was second best before somebody ruined the poll.

LF told Tywin about Tyrell plot to marry Sansa to Willas and Tywin married her to Tyrion. That is what LF wanted to happen, that is definition of playing: influencing someone to do something you want him to do.

16 minutes ago, Tygett Greenshield said:

Took it down because somebody realized you can vote multiple times and has nothing better to do but to spam vote Dany because she is salty she was not on the list...  :rolleyes:

Sad little figments of my imagination and ~35% others who voted for him being best player which was second best before somebody ruined the poll.

LF told Tywin about Tyrell plot to marry Sansa to Willas and Tywin married her to Tyrion. That is what LF wanted to happen, that is definition of playing: influencing someone to do something you want him to do.

Salty? Nice...

Ratting Olenna out to Tywin isnt a play at all. Ratting on people isnt the same as playing them. You not comprehending the word "player" does explain a great deal though.

edit: Nah, Pycelle and Vary outsnitches LF any given page.

Change the title to best snitch and I might agree with you. :lol:

Archived