NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

3 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

I've never understood why it's a foul when a player shoots a shot, the ball is already in the air, and the defender grazes his hand while the ball is in the air. The shot was not affected. The defender gains no advantage, which is supposed to be the definition of a foul.

I'm assuming this was referring to the first time Allen got that call in that game.

Billy Preston is the most frustrating player to not yet have actually played a game.

I liked this game better when we were up 11.

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

Nice win REG... was really closer that I expected.  @Rhom probably disagrees, but I'm just glad we didn't get embarrassed at this point in the season.

I didn’t expect to win.  I did expect us to play hard.  I’m fine with the result.  

I have more concerns at PG than I expected to have.  Green is more limited on defense than I thought, while SGA struggles with what to do with the ball.

Think Knox needs to be more aggressive and use his size advantage more.  SKJ was a revelation last night.  It’s the first time I’ve seen him look like a McD’s AA.

Bottom line, plenty of room to grow but a definite foundation there.

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

It’s too early in the season for my heart to be racing this much...

It's never too early for the heart to get a good test as well as the teams!

Obviously happy with the result from last night, happy that we can start to put the debacle of Allen trying to pump up the crowd out of the memory with him showing what type of player he can be if he an control his feet and temper.

Would be close to a chalk tourney, but seeing those four again on 3/31 would be immense.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I didn’t expect to win.  I did expect us to play hard.  I’m fine with the result.  

After I saw that Preston wasn't going to play I wasn't expecting a win either, so I was very happy with the result.  Graham and Newman spent way too much time trying to play hero ball - I'm sure that will get corrected though.  I can't imagine that Preston is a big enough knuckle head to be driving in an impermissible benefit car, it's more likely that he took out some kind of ridiculous loan expecting to pay it off next year when he's getting paid to play.  I'm sure it will get sorted out relatively quickly, but if he ends up being ineligible we're in for a really long season and one injury away from disaster (Azubuike).  Regardless of what happens with Preston, I'm really hoping Silvio de Sousa (a signed recruit of ours that supposed to be a freshman next year) gets cleared to come in at the semester break, and it sounds like the only holdup is waiting for the results of his SAT that he took recently.

On November 14, 2017 at 6:20 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

Duke vs Michigan State 

Kentucky vs Kansas

All ranked in the top 10.

This is why I've always had the opinion that the Champions Classic is the true beginning of the College Basketball season.

Its a damn shame these couldnt have been weekend matchups so all of us hapless shiftworkers couldve saw these great teams going toe to toe. Wont be surprized to see all 4 playing deep into the March tourney rounds.

22 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I can't imagine that Preston is a big enough knuckle head to be driving in an impermissible benefit car, it's more likely that he took out some kind of ridiculous loan expecting to pay it off next year when he's getting paid to play.  

Okay, it seems that the car in question is a Dodge Charger.  All concerns on my end are alleviated.  It seems that it's more of an over reaction by our compliance department because of the current climate of college basketball.

I'll be interested to see how long the indefinite suspension for the UCLA guys are - and it would be fun to see Coach K squirm if he gets asked about Allen's indefinite that lasted like a minute and a half in comparison.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Okay, it seems that the car in question is a Dodge Charger.  All concerns on my end are alleviated.  It seems that it's more of an over reaction by our compliance department because of the current climate of college basketball.

You mean he wasn't driving a Lamborghini?  Clearly, he's not a Big Baller.  :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Greywolf2375 said:

I'll be interested to see how long the indefinite suspension for the UCLA guys are - and it would be fun to see Coach K squirm if he gets asked about Allen's indefinite that lasted like a minute and a half in comparison.

Funny enough, I was driving to a meeting in Louisville yesterday morning listening to Mike and Mike and they asked Coach K about how he approaches discipline in situations like the UCLA one.  "How do you determine how long a suspension is for?"  Before he could respond with his coach speak, I said out loud in my car "Well, Mike... I start by looking at the upcoming games..."

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

You mean he wasn't driving a Lamborghini?  Clearly, he's not a Big Baller.  :lol: 

I was worried it was going to be an $80K+ Escalade, or German luxury car.  I literally laughed out loud when I read that it was a Charger.

19 hours ago, Rhom said:

Funny enough, I was driving to a meeting in Louisville yesterday morning listening to Mike and Mike and they asked Coach K about how he approaches discipline in situations like the UCLA one.  "How do you determine how long a suspension is for?"  Before he could respond with his coach speak, I said out loud in my car "Well, Mike... I start by looking at the upcoming games..."

Funny cuz it's true.  Sad cuz it's true.

Once again, the rich grey hairs can't bother themselves to fill more than a third of the lower arena at Rupp.  Or sell their tickets to someone at face value who would kill to have their seats for one game.  Or even give them away. The student section is half empty again since they doubled the student price (they are now offering them to the general public to save face).  I picture a room full of old rich dudes watching the game on the big screen drinking Pappy Van Winkle comparing their seats from home.  And BBN wonders why I'm a football-first-fan. :thumbsdown:  

GO ETSU!  

Archived