NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Tailor made for a prank call by Bart Simpson to Moe's Tavern.  

It’s like lobbing a softball up there for Aaron Judge to blast out of the park

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Not a fan of Lavar Ball, nor Donald Trump. But, I can't stand the ungratefulness of Lavar, when Trump obviously had a hand in getting those players off the hook. Really irks me.

Why? He is literally taking a page directly out of Trump's playbook. Say outrageous shit that you know will land with core constituents. Trump is happy about this because he can rip on a guy who his base doesn't like because he's a brash black guy. Lavar can feud with the damn president of the United States, who is disliked by the people most likely to buy Lavar's products or watch his reality TV nonsense. It's a partnership that makes both sides happy.

39 minutes ago, sperry said:

Why? He is literally taking a page directly out of Trump's playbook. Say outrageous shit that you know will land with core constituents. Trump is happy about this because he can rip on a guy who his base doesn't like because he's a brash black guy. Lavar can feud with the damn president of the United States, who is disliked by the people most likely to buy Lavar's products or watch his reality TV nonsense. It's a partnership that makes both sides happy.

Nah man. Bullshit. He just saved his kid from doing god knows how many years in a Chinese jail, over a pair of sunglasses. I'm not Trump's base, hate the guy. But, if he did that for my kid, I would show a bit of gratitude. Point blank. This isn't the Politics thread, and it ain't about politics. Its about showing an ounce of respect for someone going out of their way to help your family. Don't give me the political bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Nah man. Bullshit. He just saved his kid from doing god knows how many years in a Chinese jail, over a pair of sunglasses. I'm not Trump's base, hate the guy. But, if he did that for my kid, I would show a bit of gratitude. Point blank. This isn't the Politics thread, and it ain't about politics. Its about showing an ounce of respect for someone going out of their way to help your family. Don't give me the political bullshit.

It has nothing to do wtih politics. Trump was trolling for a feud because he knew his base would eat it up.  Lavar knew calling out Trump would play to his base. Simple marketing on both sides.

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I really feel bad for the kid, but I am laughing so much at Missouri.

:stunned: 

Didn't see that one coming.  Hope he is able to recover well enough to have a full NBA career.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:05 PM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Not a fan of Lavar Ball, nor Donald Trump. But, I can't stand the ungratefulness of Lavar, when Trump obviously had a hand in getting those players off the hook. Really irks me.

I don't believe that for one second.  China wanted an excuse to make this issue go away.  I'm not sure the President actually made an effort and I'm highly dubious that it mattered if he did.  China didn't really want to prosecute those young men.

35 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That stupid Phil Knight tournament has made this the worst Thanksgiving week for college basketball ever.

Apparently, Kentucky had initially agreed to be in it a couple years ago when they were first discussing it; but Cal decided to back out.

It does have a lot of big name teams in it.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

It does have a lot of big name teams in it.

Which is why all of the other tournaments are shit.  I'm sure the two in the PKI (or whateverTF it's called) will be amazing though, but it literally ruined the rest of the week.

50 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Which is why all of the other tournaments are shit.  I'm sure the two in the PKI (or whateverTF it's called) will be amazing though, but it literally ruined the rest of the week.

Oh there's gotta be some Addidas or Under Armor schools out there looking for a tourney doesn't there?  :D 

Calipari has always been consistent that he doesn't like the holiday tourneys.  He says they aren't representative of the atmosphere you get with a NCAA tourney game so he has always favored the CBS Classic and the Champions Classic.  UK hasn't played in a single Maui/Alaska Shootout/NIT etc tourney since he got here.

Love seeing Duke take the close games, would love more to see a full team effort and not just hang it on "get it to Bagley and get out of the way" or "pray he rebounds and get out of the way".  Hopefully through December they can figure that out - they could easily be 5-3 instead of 8-0.

Kinda surprised that they went 19-20 from the line, for (what feels like the 7th year in a row) the team that is supposed to be fundamentals based  their FTs are still pathetic. 

Archived