NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

22 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Boston College really shot lights out against Duke.

They really did.  Duke kept answering for the most part and I figured eventually BC would go cold and lose in the end but they kept that up for 40 minutes.  Nice win.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, S John said:

They really did.  Duke kept answering for the most part and I figured eventually BC would go cold and lose in the end but they kept that up for 40 minutes.  Nice win.

Yep - the horseshoe was going to fall out at some point, but they definitely earned that win.   Allen needs to find his range again, 1-9 is going to be painful regardless of what Bagley does.  It's a conference loss, but I'd rather see this than one of these to UNC, etc.

2 hours ago, Greywolf2375 said:

Yep - the horseshoe was going to fall out at some point, but they definitely earned that win.   Allen needs to find his range again, 1-9 is going to be painful regardless of what Bagley does.  It's a conference loss, but I'd rather see this than one of these to UNC, etc.

I didn’t see the whole game.  What happened to his eye?  Looked to have a bit of a shiner.

16 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

It was another Duke player who gave him the shiner.  "accidentally" kicked him in the face B)

Ahhhh... much like Aminu Timberlake had his chest accidentally stomped on by Laettner.

I love Frank Martin!  This is just one gem from his twitter war with some fans over low attendance (sorry can't link from work):

AngryVolFan:  Hey Frank.  You are a complete ass.

Frank Martin: Not total.  About 98%. I still need 2% to catch u. Thought I'd help you with the math if I confused u.

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

I love Frank Martin!  This is just one gem from his twitter war with some fans over low attendance (sorry can't link from work):

AngryVolFan:  Hey Frank.  You are a complete ass.

Frank Martin: Not total.  About 98%. I still need 2% to catch u. Thought I'd help you with the math if I confused u.

YES! And a Vol fan at that. :lol:   

"Angry" as if there's any other kind.  :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Somebody has to bring it up... but the younger Ball brothers and their big pro move to play in Lithuania is going to get them all ready for the NBA.  I wonder what the Lithuanians will think of Lavar.  

Dunno if you listen to KSR or not, but they had a clip of the Lithuanian announcer guy singing a "Welcome to Lithuania" song for the Balls.  :lol:

Stole this from a poster on a UK message board this morning.  Set aside some time!

Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the NCAAB season during which you can justify watching 12-14 hours of hoops.

Noon
*Miami at GW (CBSSN) — if you get the channel, watch this game just so you can see how good the Hurricanes are, as well as their 2 potential ’18 lottery picks, Bruce Brown and Lonnie Walker; I love watching Dewan Huell, too
*Syracuse at Georgetown (ESPN) — classic matchup

*Virginia Tech at UK (ESPN2) — OBVIOUSLY
*Michigan State at Oakland (ESPNU) — enjoy Jaren Jackson and Miles Bridges while they last in college, y’all

3:30
*Cincy at UCLA (CBS)

*Oklahoma at Wichita State (ESPN2) — get a load of Trae Young if you haven’t already and preview the Shockers, who UK will inevitably face in March

*Oregon at Fresno State (CBSSN) — a pair of under the radar NCAAT teams

*North Dakota at Gonzaga (ESPN3) — GU looking like a F4 team again with Hachimura and Tillie
*Kansas at Nebraska (FS1) — Jayhawks still on upset alert? Huskers have a home upset of Minny on their resume

Utah at BYU (ESPN2)

The NCAA lays the hammer down on UNC:

Penalties and corrective actions imposed by the panel include:

• Three years of probation from Dec. 15, 2017, to Dec. 14, 2020.
  • The university must return all money for its appearance in the 2011 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship.
  • A postseason ban for the 2016-17 men’s basketball season (self-imposed by the university).
  • Reduction of three total men’s basketball scholarships for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years (self-imposed by the university).
  • Recruiting restrictions, as detailed in the public decision (self-imposed by the university).
  • A vacation of all regular-season, conference tournament and postseason records in which ineligible student-athletes competed.
  • A six-year show cause order for the head coach from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2023.
  • A three-year show cause order for the assistant coach who spearheaded the academic fraud scheme for a prospect, including personally completing his coursework and paying for one of his online courses. The penalty, which is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2020, considers his exemplary cooperation.
  • A three-year show cause order for the assistant coach who completed coursework for a prospect. The penalty, which is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2020, considers his exemplary cooperation.
  • A five-year show cause order for the assistant coach who completed coursework for a prospect and provided false or misleading information during the investigation. The show cause order is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2022.
  • A four-year show cause order for the assistant coach who arranged and paid for a friend to complete coursework for a prospect. He also provided false or misleading information during the investigation. His show cause order is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2021.
  • A five-year show cause order for the assistant coach who paid or arranged payment for two prospects’ online courses. He also engaged in unethical conduct by refusing to agree to participate in the investigation. His show cause order is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2022.
  • A three-year show cause order for the graduate assistant who completed coursework for a prospect. The penalty, which is from Dec. 15, 2017, through Dec. 14, 2020, considers his exemplary cooperation.

They're going to be hurting for years to come.

14 hours ago, Rhom said:

Stole this from a poster on a UK message board this morning.  Set aside some time!

Tomorrow is the first Saturday of the NCAAB season during which you can justify watching 12-14 hours of hoops.

Noon
*Miami at GW (CBSSN) — if you get the channel, watch this game just so you can see how good the Hurricanes are, as well as their 2 potential ’18 lottery picks, Bruce Brown and Lonnie Walker; I love watching Dewan Huell, too
*Syracuse at Georgetown (ESPN) — classic matchup

*Virginia Tech at UK (ESPN2) — OBVIOUSLY
*Michigan State at Oakland (ESPNU) — enjoy Jaren Jackson and Miles Bridges while they last in college, y’all

3:30
*Cincy at UCLA (CBS)

*Oklahoma at Wichita State (ESPN2) — get a load of Trae Young if you haven’t already and preview the Shockers, who UK will inevitably face in March

*Oregon at Fresno State (CBSSN) — a pair of under the radar NCAAT teams

*North Dakota at Gonzaga (ESPN3) — GU looking like a F4 team again with Hachimura and Tillie
*Kansas at Nebraska (FS1) — Jayhawks still on upset alert? Huskers have a home upset of Minny on their resume

Utah at BYU (ESPN2)

Tomorrow is randomly a completely insane sports day.  Full slate of CFB, CBB, NFL and NBA.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, HokieStone said:

Looking forward to the big game with Kentucky this coming Saturday.  Wait...it's not football?!?!

Your boys looked good.  Definitely deserve to be in the top 25.  You’ll give teams fits.

Watching this other game... I can’t believe Conner Frankamp is still around.  Dude would look old at a YMCA rec league game!

Archived