NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

Rhom

Well MIller was on wire taps specifically telling the guy not to talk to his asst to only talk to him about payment, so no denying that. Maybe they haven't seen the money trail yet to Ayton and are waiting for that? Or, they know Miller is less of a loss to the team than Ayton and are just rolling the dice?

2 hours ago, sperry said:

Meh, Kansas picked a good year to have a shallow, significantly weaker than normal team.

I thought everyone said the Big XII was the best conference top to bottom in the country?

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I thought everyone said the Big XII was the best conference top to bottom in the country?

It was a good conference in the sense that there were no awful teams. Everybody was at least respectable, and most were good. The league is likely to get 7/10 in the tourney. The top of the league just wasn't good though, which allowed a very flawed Kansas team to win the league again. Interestingly, Kansas should be down again next year, offering a legit chance for someone to take them down again.

Buffalo has clinched the #1 seed for the MAC tournament. I didn't realize though that the MAC changed tournament structure this season; now the top 4 seeds all just get a 1-round bye and that's it (rather than the old system where teams could get 1-,2-,or even 3-round byes depending on seeding). So they have to win 3 games to take the tournament and won't be facing a team exhausted from playing 3 games in 4 nights.

Kentucky would be having senior night tonight, except that there are zero seniors on the team.  Even during Cal's tenure, it is quite an oddity that there isn't at least a senior walk-on or other senior bench-warmer to honor.  Just seems off. 

3 hours ago, Fez said:

Buffalo has clinched the #1 seed for the MAC tournament. I didn't realize though that the MAC changed tournament structure this season; now the top 4 seeds all just get a 1-round bye and that's it (rather than the old system where teams could get 1-,2-,or even 3-round byes depending on seeding). So they have to win 3 games to take the tournament and won't be facing a team exhausted from playing 3 games in 4 nights.

Best of luck to your team sir!

My alma mater begins play in the OVC tournament tomorrow night after having won the regular season title.  That's really what matters when you're a one bid league.  You know you won't get a chance to win an actual NCAA game, so the only way you can judge a good season or not is by winning the regular season title.

1 hour ago, Ded As Ned said:

Kentucky would be having senior night tonight, except that there are zero seniors on the team.  Even during Cal's tenure, it is quite an oddity that there isn't at least a senior walk-on or other senior bench-warmer to honor.  Just seems off. 

I'm sure there's a cheerleader or two we can honor, assuming the team is back from performing at the Olympics.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

The end of that UVA - Louisville game...*stunned*

Louisville has to be the dumbest team in the country.

That was nucking futs.  Every now and then you see a kid forget that rule, but rarely do you see it cause such a tragic end.

Archived