Rhom

NCAA Basketball 2017-2018: Madness both in and on the court

91 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

VCU v UVA today. Pumped. Hope we show up.

This is a really fun game to watch.

Once again, the rich grey hairs can't bother themselves to fill more than a third of the lower arena at Rupp.  Or sell their tickets to someone at face value who would kill to have their seats for one game.  Or even give them away. The student section is half empty again since they doubled the student price (they are now offering them to the general public to save face).  I picture a room full of old rich dudes watching the game on the big screen drinking Pappy Van Winkle comparing their seats from home.  And BBN wonders why I'm a football-first-fan. :thumbsdown:  

GO ETSU!  

Edited by Ded As Ned

Duke is up by double digits but their defense looks more matador than man.

All I know is that ETSU had a player who’s honest to God name was...

Peter Jurken

26 minutes ago, Rhom said:

All I know is that ETSU had a player who’s honest to God name was...

Peter Jurken

Tailor made for a prank call by Bart Simpson to Moe's Tavern.  

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Tailor made for a prank call by Bart Simpson to Moe's Tavern.  

It’s like lobbing a softball up there for Aaron Judge to blast out of the park

T's and P's for Grayson Allen.  It's a miracle he survived being shot by a sniper.

Not a fan of Lavar Ball, nor Donald Trump. But, I can't stand the ungratefulness of Lavar, when Trump obviously had a hand in getting those players off the hook. Really irks me.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Not a fan of Lavar Ball, nor Donald Trump. But, I can't stand the ungratefulness of Lavar, when Trump obviously had a hand in getting those players off the hook. Really irks me.

Why? He is literally taking a page directly out of Trump's playbook. Say outrageous shit that you know will land with core constituents. Trump is happy about this because he can rip on a guy who his base doesn't like because he's a brash black guy. Lavar can feud with the damn president of the United States, who is disliked by the people most likely to buy Lavar's products or watch his reality TV nonsense. It's a partnership that makes both sides happy.

39 minutes ago, sperry said:

Why? He is literally taking a page directly out of Trump's playbook. Say outrageous shit that you know will land with core constituents. Trump is happy about this because he can rip on a guy who his base doesn't like because he's a brash black guy. Lavar can feud with the damn president of the United States, who is disliked by the people most likely to buy Lavar's products or watch his reality TV nonsense. It's a partnership that makes both sides happy.

Nah man. Bullshit. He just saved his kid from doing god knows how many years in a Chinese jail, over a pair of sunglasses. I'm not Trump's base, hate the guy. But, if he did that for my kid, I would show a bit of gratitude. Point blank. This isn't the Politics thread, and it ain't about politics. Its about showing an ounce of respect for someone going out of their way to help your family. Don't give me the political bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Nah man. Bullshit. He just saved his kid from doing god knows how many years in a Chinese jail, over a pair of sunglasses. I'm not Trump's base, hate the guy. But, if he did that for my kid, I would show a bit of gratitude. Point blank. This isn't the Politics thread, and it ain't about politics. Its about showing an ounce of respect for someone going out of their way to help your family. Don't give me the political bullshit.

It has nothing to do wtih politics. Trump was trolling for a feud because he knew his base would eat it up.  Lavar knew calling out Trump would play to his base. Simple marketing on both sides.