MLB Postseason: Bye, Cubs, Bye!

Myshkin

So it’s a rematch of the ‘80 NL West tiebreaker game! Not quite as cool as a rematch of the ‘41, ‘47, ‘49, ‘52, ‘53, ‘55, ‘56, ‘63, ‘77, ‘78, and ‘81 World Series. But still, pretty neat.

49 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I'm not even mad, this was a better season than I could have hoped for.  The Astros deserve to be in the Series and the Yankees will be back. 

I know. I keep telling myself that too...but damn those last 2 games were frustrating to watch. 

This is gonna be a real interesting series. I honestly wouldn't be surprised by any result. Dodgers have been steam-rolling everyone and Houston bats seem to be coming back to life with Verlander pitching like a man possessed. Gonna be a good one. Even know I'll probably be rooting for Houston, I'll say Doyers in 6.

6 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I'm not even mad, this was a better season than I could have hoped for.  The Astros deserve to be in the Series and the Yankees will be back. 

Agreed. Happy to watch the Yankees be exciting again and good luck to the Astros. They’re a great team.

18 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I don’t want to be a dick or anything, but this ALCS has been pretty boring. I mean, it’s gone 7, so there’s some drama, but each individual game has been a snooze fest.

I think this is pretty fair for the most part.  In 6 of the 7 games the losing team scored one run or less.  Not too exciting.

Oh well, as others said, great season for the Yanks - and very happy the kids got so much playoff experience.  Super excited for next year!

Hoping for a fun series.  Don't really know who I'm rooting for, lot to like about both teams.  I think the most exciting thing about these playoffs is almost all the teams are on an upward trajectory with oodles of young talent.  Should make for some really intense and competitive long-term rivalries in the coming years.

I enjoyed that ALCS. This season has been the first time in my life I legitimately rooted for a Yankees team. Cardinals fan tending bar in Manhattan. Other than wanting anyone to eliminate the Cubs (way to choke again, Expos, and thank you Doyers) I was hoping for a Dodgers Yanks series. Oh well. It's pretty cool to see a World Series with the two best teams in baseball. I hope its a classic.

P.s. is it spring training yet? 

3 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I enjoyed that ALCS. This season has been the first time in my life I legitimately rooted for a Yankees team. Cardinals fan tending bar in Manhattan. Other than wanting anyone to eliminate the Cubs (way to choke again, Expos, and thank you Doyers) I was hoping for a Dodgers Yanks series. Oh well. It's pretty cool to see a World Series with the two best teams in baseball. I hope its a classic.

P.s. is it spring training yet? 

The Yankees were legitimate underdogs this year and it was glorious. It's going to be a good long time before they are again.  

19 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Its the first WS matchup between 100 win teams since the 1970 series of Reds vs Orioles.

Wow. I figured it was an uncommon matchup in recent years, but that's a bigger gap than I would have guessed. 

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I lost any and all respect I ever had for the Dodgers (which granted was Less Than Zero to begin with) when they forced the Hobo to share the NLCS MVP with something called a Chris Taylor. This affront to all things Vagrant cannot be stomached, much like a Dodger Dog.

Bet you feel real stupid right now.

Archived