MLB Postseason: Bye, Cubs, Bye!

Myshkin

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

Judge has become Pedro Cerrano; he mashes fastballs, but can't handle the offspeed stuff. Like Cerrano, it's high time for him to say "fuck you Jobu, I do it myself!"

Right after he gets himself to an orthodontist. There's so much space between his teeth, it looks like his tongue is in prison.

17 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Why does a 2-1 loss feel like a 21-1 loss?

That's a you problem.  Tanaka pitched great, and they worked Giles quite a bit.  Expected them to lose tonight.  Now make Verlander pitch, get him out early, expose that pen underbelly tomorrow, and go back home with a split.

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

That's a you problem.  Tanaka pitched great, and they worked Giles quite a bit.  Expected them to lose tonight.  Now make Verlander pitch, get him out early, expose that pen underbelly tomorrow, and go back home with a split.

I could see that. The key here is Severino, methinks. If he out pitches Verlander, then this outcome is likely.

26 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I could see that. The key here is Severino, methinks. If he out pitches Verlander, then this outcome is likely.

Right.  If Sevy out-pitches Verlander, they should win.  Albeit this is verging on an aphorism - as in the key to the Yanks winning game 2 is outscoring the Astros.

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Right.  If Sevy out-pitches Verlander, they should win.  Albeit this is verging on an aphorism - as in the key to the Yanks winning game 2 is outscoring the Astros.

Sure, and the Yanks should take this one game at a time. And play their game. Which I'm assuming is baseball. 

4 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Judge has become Pedro Cerrano; he mashes fastballs, but can't handle the offspeed stuff. Like Cerrano, it's high time for him to say "fuck you Jobu, I do it myself!"

Missed this...If Judge wanted to be the Allstate spokesman, cars would stop crashing.

8 hours ago, dmc515 said:

I wouldn't say he pitched great, he wasn't nearly as sharp as he was in his start against the Indians.  He held them to two runs which was good but Keuchel embarrassed them. 

Archived