Sons of the Dragon Discussion

Aegon1FanBoy

Hey guys just finished reading the sons of the dragon and i must say i wonder why many fans now leave out Maegor as one of the best warriors in history he seems way more naturally talented than Jamie and even Daemon Targaryen. Visenya really surprised me as well did not even think to theorize she and maegor would have burned so many petty lords and landed knight lands. Its seems that all of Aenys sons were exceptional as well a shame they had to die. House Targaryens biggest weakness will always be division it seems. 

Most of all i now have the second most badass threat to a King on record Maegor telling aenys "his grace is welcome to try and take it from me" my word.

5 hours ago, Aegon1FanBoy said:

Hey guys just finished reading the sons of the dragon and i must say i wonder why many fans now leave out Maegor as one of the best warriors in history he seems way more naturally talented than Jamie and even Daemon Targaryen. Visenya really surprised me as well did not even think to theorize she and maegor would have burned so many petty lords and landed knight lands. Its seems that all of Aenys sons were exceptional as well a shame they had to die. House Targaryens biggest weakness will always be division it seems. 

Best discuss the piece in that thread:

5 hours ago, Aegon1FanBoy said:

Most of all i now have the second most badass threat to a King on record Maegor telling aenys "his grace is welcome to try and take it from me" my word.

Maegor was lucky that Aenys did not sent the Kingsguard to take Blackfyre from him. And his head in the process of it. The man was especially lenient to him when he decided only to exile the man. Any other king most likely would have thrown Maegor into the dungeons, or might have even executed him.

Marrying - or trying to marry - without the king's leave if you are a member of his family is a very serious offense. But destabilizing his rule and provoking unrest and rebellion with your actions is even worse.

23 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Best discuss the piece in that thread:

Maegor was lucky that Aenys did not sent the Kingsguard to take Blackfyre from him. And his head in the process of it. The man was especially lenient to him when he decided only to exile the man. Any other king most likely would have thrown Maegor into the dungeons, or might have even executed him.

Marrying - or trying to marry - without the king's leave if you are a member of his family is a very serious offense. But destabilizing his rule and provoking unrest and rebellion with your actions is even worse.

Thanks Lord Varys heading over there now to discuss and i agree that really summed up aenys reign Maegor should have been sent to the black cells for that (i know there weren't built yet) but none the less it was an epic threat. 

Archived