Arya's Decision

Lady Wynne

Hi everyone.   I know this is an old debate, but I was rewatching the show and I wondered what you all think.  Did Arya let the Hound live because he was no longer on her list, or did she deny him mercy because he WAS on the list?  Either way tge "Hound" is dead now.  I am thinking about their reunion also and how it may affect that.  Thanks for any input!

I think she was being as cruel as possible by NOT killing him. It's like she wanted him to suffer. Killing him would only have given him what he asked (begged) for and her lack of mercy was meant to demonstrate how cruel she has the potential to become. I think it was meant to continue foreshadowing the "great darkness" in her.

How will it affect a Hound/Arya reunion? I think we see here

that Arya has left a positive impression on the Hound. He harbors no resentment, and I think Arya will be fine with the Hound in his redeemed role as a warrior on the right side in the great showdown to come.

I think theres likely a grudgingly mutual respect for each other as two figures who have both been through a ring of fire of sorts, and are still standing stronger than ever. 

Archived