U.S. Politics: We're Saying Merry Christmas, Again

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

They are an anti-LGBT hate group, no other sitting prez has appeared at their conference. Just speaking there is tacit endorsement of their "values".

I am in no way condoning his appearance, or his words. Just saying it's not exactly what the first article makes it seem he said. 

Either way, he and his hateful acolytes can go fuck themselves.  

The Guardian quote;

Turning to foreign policy, Trump told the audience: “Above all else, we know this. In America we don’t worship government. We worship God. Inspired by that conviction, we are returning moral clarity to our view of the world and the many grave challenges we face.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/trump-religious-conservative-values-voters-summit

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Either way, he and his hateful acolytes can go fuck themselves.  

Goddamn right.

So, when Trump's done golfing for the day will he twitter rage against Collins for this or will he wait until 3am Monday?

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said during an interview on Sunday that she is “very disappointed” in President Trump’s actions on health care.

“Well, I’m very disappointed in the president’s actions of this past week,” Collins told ABC’s “This Week.”

“What the president is doing is affecting people’s access and the cost of healthcare right now,” Collins added. "And I don’t agree with his decision on the subsidies that help low-income people afford their deductibles and copays and I don’t agree with his executive order.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/355512-collins-disappointed-in-trumps-actions-on-health-care

I check Foxnews dot com every other day just to see what 50% of Americans are consuming as news, and it never fails to make my blood boil. On these occasions I am usually reminded of this one time when i was alone in an elevator with Rupert Murdoch. I really should have spared the world a lot of sorrow and done what needed to be done in that moment. 

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

I check Foxnews dot com every other day just to see what 50% of Americans are consuming as news, and it never fails to make my blood boil. On these occasions I am usually reminded of this one time when i was alone in an elevator with Rupert Murdoch. I really should have spared the world a lot of sorrow and done what needed to be done in that moment. 

Don't beat yourself up.  It wouldn't have made a difference; this is a hearts and minds issue.  They need to be changed.  But it's hard to change a blackened heart and a selfish, violent, frightened mind.  And murdering a guy in an elevator (although cathartic) probably wouldn't overcome that.

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

I check Foxnews dot com every other day just to see what 50% of Americans are consuming as news, and it never fails to make my blood boil.

In addition to Fox News we will soon have Sinclair Broadcasting to 'catapult the propaganda' in the local news markets.  Really bad news.

As Sinclair prepares to expand its stable of local TV stations with a proposed acquisition of Tribune Media — which would add 42 stations to Sinclair’s 173 — advocacy groups have shown concern about the size and reach the combined company would have. Its stations would reach more than 70 percent of the nation’s households, including many of the largest markets.

Critics of the deal also cite Sinclair’s willingness to use its stations to advance a mostly right-leaning agenda. That practice has stirred wariness among some of its journalists concerned about intrusive direction from headquarters.

That is what has happened in Seattle, a progressive city where Sinclair owns the KOMO broadcast station. In interviews over the past several days, eight current and former KOMO employees described a newsroom where some have chafed at Sinclair’s programming directives, especially the must-runs, which they view as too politically tilted and occasionally of poor quality. They also cited features like a daily poll, which they believe sometimes asks leading questions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/business/media/sinclair-broadcast-komo-conservative-media.html

33 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

And murdering a guy in an elevator (although cathartic) probably wouldn't overcome that.

Murder? I was thinking I should have asked him nicely to stop being a prick. 

(he was my boss,  I'm ashamed to admit) 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

LMAO, no lie, this might be the most badass post i've read all year.

13 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I could weep about the right wing fucks running the UK, until i come on this thread and thank my lucky stars. You poor people. 

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah we're fucked. Thanks for Brexit though, we we'rnt the laughing stock of the world for oh almost two whole weeks there!

*cries*

Although I'm obviously British as well, the Polish side of me says you should both be thanking your lucky fucking stars. At least Trump was fucking elected.

On the other hand, at least our one can be slowed down if protests get loud enough, though I don't for a second thing he's given up on implementing the things he wants to implement.

46 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Although I'm obviously British as well, the Polish side of me says you should both be thanking your lucky fucking stars. At least Trump was fucking elected.

On the other hand, at least our one can be slowed down if protests get loud enough, though I don't for a second thing he's given up on implementing the things he wants to implement.

Yeah, I'd been wondering about how that shitshow was progressing (or regressing). I know that this is US politics, but briefly, can you give a rundown on how the balance of power has shifted between the far right and the protesters since that failed judicial coup a couple of months back?

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Is it? I wasn't aware of that. I wouldn't be surprised though. It seems the Mormons have taken up the banner as the most virulent anti-gay protestant religion of late.

Mormons are NOT Protestants. With their acceptance of the Book of Mormon as scripture, not to mention several very unusual doctrines, they are a separate branch of Christianity from Catholics, Protestants, or the eastern Orthodox churches. This is something both the Mormons themselves and other Christians would agree on.

18 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Yeah, I'd been wondering about how that shitshow was progressing (or regressing). I know that this is US politics, but briefly, can you give a rundown on how the balance of power has shifted between the far right and the protesters since that failed judicial coup a couple of months back?

I'm not in the country and not been following things in detail (British politics are much more my natural beat), so I may have missed something, but as far as I have seen, not very much. It's a tactic he uses- if he's not successful at first go, he backs off the issue, keeps quiet for a little, and does something else (he did the same with the abortion protests last year, but reports this month have suggested he's used fresher, less covered protests as an excuse to disrupt the work and take confidential information kept by some groups who helped organise the last ones, a year on, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen here in some form, where he lets it lie completely for a bit then brings in some sly form of attack against the key people who helped stop it this time).

Which really really angers me because he was a key mover in the higher levels of the anti-communist resistance back in the day and now the fucker's adopting their tactics. He's foul.

He seems to have been more concerned with shoring up alliances with other right-wingers in Europe in the meantime (he'll be delighted with this Austria thing). And of course more noodling about his brother's plane crash, his favourite obssession/distraction narrative.

Archived