Jonsa

manchester_babe

Well right now they believe they are half siblings so until that changes I don't see why it should even be considered. 

16 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

If GRRM really goes in the having Jon end up with his sister/ cousin direction would guess we would get Jonrya which has more early foreshadowing for it.

I agree. with this

Would Jon choose the girl who never gave him a second look or the one that chose him as her favorite despite his bastard status?  Honestly at first I thought Jonsa was a thing people made up to troll Jon/Arya book shippers. Jon did get himself killed trying to rescue Arya, would he have done the same thing for Sansa?

27 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

That has nothing to do with the show ;)

Well, I'm sure the books won't have High Septon Poptart* leave the sept and Kings Landing just to sneak away to Dorne to marry the parents of Aegon "Targaryen" Sand. 

* I am assuming that is why that High Septon had a name. The writers were inventing stuff to add and the name they decided on was the first thing they saw when they looked at their hands. 

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, I'm sure the books won't have High Septon Poptart* leave the sept and Kings Landing just to sneak away to Dorne to marry the parents of Aegon "Targaryen" Sand. 

* I am assuming that is why that High Septon had a name. The writers were inventing stuff to add and the name they decided on was the first thing they saw when they looked at their hands. 

I like the idea that there was no marriage personally 

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

They can always marry before a heart tree. It's not like Targaryens have strictly monogamous marriages.

4 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

They can always marry before a heart tree. It's not like Targaryens have strictly monogamous marriages.

Yes, true to that based on book info. But the other inventions just show that what we saw was not how it will really go. 

7 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I like the idea that there was no marriage personally 

If we are spitballing, me too for a few reasons, especially since it seems there is a possibility that  all Targs we have in the story came from a possible unofficially recognized second wife Rhaenys= they are all bastards. But in the end George may have some other "legit" process up his tie-dyed sleeve. 

11 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Well right now they believe they are half siblings so until that changes I don't see why it should even be considered. 

I agree. with this

Would Jon choose the girl who never gave him a second look or the one that chose him as her favorite despite his bastard status?  Honestly at first I thought Jonsa was a thing people made up to troll Jon/Arya book shippers. Jon did get himself killed trying to rescue Arya, would he have done the same thing for Sansa?

I think he would have done the same for any of his family. That is our tragic hero's fatal flaw -- his loyalty to his family. He was closer to Arya, sure, but if Jon had been told it was Sansa being abused, imprisoned and raped by Ramsay night after night, he still would have sought to rescue her. She is still his sister.

As for Jon romancing Arya, I think with the plot we've got now - absolutely not. Yes, they are close. However, one could also argue that Jon and Arya's closeness as siblings makes it virtually impossible for them to fall in love that way. They think of each other in such a sincerely sweet sibling manne, I doubt it will happen.

In comparison, one could argue the relative distance between Jon and Sansa would make it easier for them to look at each other in a non-sibling way. Even then, I doubt it. The bottom line is that all the Stark children were raised in a close and healthy environment as siblings and aren't going to switch mindsets even if it is revealed Jon is their cousin.

Thus, I doubt Jon will be getting with either of his cousin-sisters. Much more likely he'll end up with someone like Val or even Daenerys, if she ever points her bloomin' dragons towards Westeros.

Like this? Sansa on Sandor, the tall strong man in her story who repeatedly protects her (as she has noted many times):

As the boy's lips touched her own she found herself thinking of another kiss. She could still remember how it felt, when his cruel mouth pressed down on her own. He had come to Sansa in the darkness as green fire filled the sky. He took a song and a kiss, and left me nothing but a bloody cloak.

(also here, have a pic... http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_fromfans/san-san-str)

Sansa's match for Sansa:

She had dreamed of her wedding a thousand times, and always she had pictured how her betrothed would stand behind her tall and strong, sweep the cloak of his protection over her shoulders, and tenderly kiss her cheek as he leaned forward to fasten the clasp.

Lots more story where that came from...

27 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

A babe must ponder. 

17 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Like this? Sansa on Sandor, the tall strong man in her story who repeatedly protects her (as she has noted many times):

As the boy's lips touched her own she found herself thinking of another kiss. She could still remember how it felt, when his cruel mouth pressed down on her own. He had come to Sansa in the darkness as green fire filled the sky. He took a song and a kiss, and left me nothing but a bloody cloak.

Sansa's match for Sansa:

She had dreamed of her wedding a thousand times, and always she had pictured how her betrothed would stand behind her tall and strong, sweep the cloak of his protection over her shoulders, and tenderly kiss her cheek as he leaned forward to fasten the clasp.

Lots more story where that came from...

Sansa match for Sansa sounds like Jon. 

Sansa thought Robb was also a hero. So I am not really sure how Sansa considering her brother(s) to be her heroes as a sign of love? They are family.

And 

Sansa had favored her mother's gods over her father's. She loved the statues, the pictures in leaded glass, the fragrance of burning incense, the septons with their robes and crystals, the magical play of the rainbows over altars inlaid with mother-of-pearl and onyx and lapis lazuli. Yet she could not deny that the godswood had a certain power too. Especially by night. Help me, she prayed, send me a friend, a true knight to champion me . . .

And guess who really comes to help her after this prayer? It isn't Jon. Nor is it someone who calls himself a knight :P

17 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Sansa thought Robb was also a hero. So I am not really sure how Sansa considering her brother(s) to be her heroes as a sign of love? They are family.

Yeah, she rarely thinks of Jon. She thinks of Sandor's cloak more than Jon. And LOL that Jon is tall. Nope.

There is a guy she hits all of the tall, strong, protect, cloak, kiss, and much more notes with, however.

And 

Sansa had favored her mother's gods over her father's. She loved the statues, the pictures in leaded glass, the fragrance of burning incense, the septons with their robes and crystals, the magical play of the rainbows over altars inlaid with mother-of-pearl and onyx and lapis lazuli. Yet she could not deny that the godswood had a certain power too. Especially by night. Help me, she prayed, send me a friend, a true knight to champion me . . .

And guess who really comes to help her after this prayer? It isn't Jon. Nor is it someone who calls himself a knight :P

Yeah, she runs right into him! :lol: And one by one he takes on everything she's been thinking about.

Help me, she prayed, send me a friend, a true knight to champion me...

Sansa found herself thinking of Lady again. She could smell out falsehood, she could...

Home, she thought, home, he is going to take me home, he'll keep me safe, my Florian...

Then he has Sansa run straight into Sandor:

She was racing headlong down the serpentine steps when a man lurched out of a hidden doorway. Sansa caromed into him and lost her balance. Iron fingers caught her by the wrist before she could fall.

And one by one, Sandor takes on each:

"You like knights, don't you?... True knights..."

"A dog can smell a lie, you know."

"I never got my song... Florian and Jonquil?"

3 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

And 

Sansa, and the readers are learning what true knighthood really is. As to heroes, her wish was granted once...

Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered, There are no heroes, and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to her, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling," he'd told her. "You may learn that one day to your sorrow." In life, the monsters win, she told herself, and now it was the Hound's voice she heard, a cold rasp, metal on stone. "Save yourself some pain, girl, and give him what he wants."

Sansa VI, Game 67

The smile that Lord Janos Slynt smiled then had all the sweetness of rancid butter. Until Jon said, "Edd, fetch me a block," and unsheathed Longclaw.

Jon II, Dance 7

Perhaps Jon might grant another wish. ...

Oh Jiminy Cricket... Am I actually arguing in favor of "JonSan?" 

He added that to the story when fans said it would be more dramatic.

If you want to talk about Sansa's knight... there's a ton of references for Sandor, and they are all coming from Sansa.

There's a tourney where she says he will win, filled with Beauty and the Beast symbolism. He protects her and rescues her over and over again. When she's in trouble again, she imagines he's there, hears his voice. They talk about Florian and Jonquil and true knights repeatedly. She keeps his cloak with her summer silks (a cloak she positively obsesses about). And much more.

Lots more here...

When they think of each other, it almost always in connection with their other sister/brothers. 

I think both of them have and had a lot of other love possible "love"* interests in the text itself. Jon has Ygritte, Val, ... (and I might even consider Dany :wacko::wacko:)

And Sansa has Harry, Willas, Tyrion, Sandor, ...

* I call them love interests but you must see "love" in very broad sense. It also includes arranged marriages, perverts, ... There is of course only one guy who kisses Sansa in her dreams :D

Archived