Jonsa

manchester_babe

Out of those four, the only one I’d have a problem with is Arya. Apart from her still being a child, she was always Jon’s beloved little sister. Anything romantic/sexual developing between them is more disturbing to me than the idea of Jonsa, which I actually think could happen at the end of the series - Dany dies and Jon brings their child back home to be raised by the red haired Lady of Winterfell, who hopefully won’t be as big of a bitch as her mother was to the little dragonspawn Ned brought home all those years ago.

43 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

Out of those four, the only one I’d have a problem with is Arya. Apart from her still being a child, she was always Jon’s beloved little sister. Anything romantic/sexual developing between them is more disturbing to me than the idea of Jonsa, which I actually think could happen at the end of the series - Dany dies and Jon brings their child back home to be raised by the red haired Lady of Winterfell, who hopefully won’t be as big of a bitch as her mother was to the little dragonspawn Ned brought home all those years ago.

Arya and Jon's feelings for each other are exactly why that pairing is preferable to Jonsa. If we're going to have a romance, why not between characters who already love each other.

46 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

That would be pointless and in-your-face, he'd be better off as a widower. 

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

If Jon becomes King in the North, and he wants to solidify his control of the North and perhaps develop an alliance with the Vale

This is going into show territory and this is a book thread.  

Jon has already made it clear to Stannis that Winterfell belongs to Sansa, also Sansa’s using the Vale to get back the North via marrying Harry she has no use for her bastard brother. 

2 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

Arya and Jon's feelings for each other are exactly why that pairing is preferable to Jonsa. If we're going to have a romance, why not between characters who already love each other.

I’m not saying I want Jonsa to happen, but I could see it being a possibility. I would be grossed out if it ends up being Jon and Arya, precisely because they had such a strong sibling love. I would hate for Jon to reunite with 12 year old Arya after discovering his true identity and saying “hey we’re cousins, now we can fuck!”

6 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

The fact that Sansa is suppose to look a great deal like Catelyn Stark might bother Jon. Every time he looks at Sansa he'll see the woman who was disgusted by his very existence.

On the other hand there is Arya who is said to look a great deal like Jon's real mother. The woman he dreamed and fantasized about holding him and kissing his boo-boo's.

Then there is his Aunt Daenerys who is almost as beautiful as his real father that he has no idea he is related too. 

Finally there is Val of the Northern Free Folk. She is strong, trustworthy, incredibly beautiful and regal. She is also the only one of the four who is in the same location as Jon.

I believe it may actually have the opposite effect. Apart from that, though their marriage would be political, if they marry at all, young Cat didn't think much of Ned when she first saw him and obviously Cat wasn't young Ned's first choice and look how that political marriage has ended.

Sansa is not only a member of a claimant Stark Branch but is also the current heir of Riverlands, both through her pretender uncle and her false identity as Alayne. So Jon can go Grandpa Rick all over again, both as merger of branches and a lord of southron ambitions.

I am pro ValJon but I think Val may not survive the series; Her attitude towards Shireen is a dangerous one and she is constantly being called a Wildling Princess and guess what kind of people makes the best sacrifice to Red Rahloo. Jon, obviously unknowingly,may have put Val in danger by sending the Aemons away.

Even if Val survives, Jon as a Targaryen may just take two wives, he can just follow his ancestor Aegon the conqueror and marry "ne out of duty and the other out of desire".

As for Danaerys, there is this

The tradition amongst the Targaryens had always been to marry kin to kin. Wedding brother to sister was thought to be ideal. Failing that, a girl might wed an uncle, a cousin, or a nephew; a boy, a cousin, aunt, or niece.

For his auntie Danaerys' sake, Jon can always go Maegor and have three wives and... oh look at the time I have to go play CK2 AGOT, for err...simulation reasons of course, on possible outcomes of Jon's marriage prospects.

Edit: There's also this;Jon wants Winterfell and also wants Val and whoever gets Val gets Winterfell so a good deal for Jon but Since Jon is Stannis writ small in his character and by rights Winterfell belongs to Sansa, he is in a dilemma. Marrying both would rid him of all his problems and get him everything he wants.

4 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

he'd be better off as a widower. 

This actually might be a good option. I could see Jon being a widower and really pulling it off. It would give him yet another excuse to mope around and brood. 

19 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Jon as a Targaryen may just take two wives, he can just follow his ancestor Aegon the conqueror and marry "ne out of duty and the other out of desire"

I definitely picture Jon as a widower before having multiple wives. It never seems to end well.

Spoiler

I haven't read the new book Son's of the Dragon yet but from what I heard Rhaenys branch of Targaryens and Visenya's ended up as rivals and eventually starting killing each other.

4 hours ago, Pikachu101 said:

This is going into show territory and this is a book thread.  

Jon has already made it clear to Stannis that Winterfell belongs to Sansa, also Sansa’s using the Vale to get back the North via marrying Harry she has no use for her bastard brother. 

I believe Jon's place will always be at the Wall facing the true enemy. With that said, I might be wrong, others might be right, and the George might be writing a story where Jon becomes the King in the North. 

I think people confuse the intended irony of Sandor being her true KNIGHT, with him becoming her love interest or marriage partner. Those two roles need not coincide.

As for Jon and Sansa. I don't know. But the fact is, she is less closely related to him than Daenerys is, so purely from the motive of choosing the least revolting incestuous setup, she would be the better choice of the two.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

George might be writing a story where Jon becomes the King in the North. 

There's no evidence of that happening though, Jon's storyline has always been about the song not the politics. Besides there's no precedent for him to take the crown; Sansa's alive and he's a bastard. 

32 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

There's no evidence of that happening though, Jon's storyline has always been about the song not the politics. Besides there's no precedent for him to take the crown; Sansa's alive and he's a bastard. 

I agree with you, but I have read arguments to the contrary, and I have been wrong before. 

Jon was mentioned in the books in front of Sansa I think by Randa Royce as a trick. Sansa in the books thinks she is the last Stark alive and the mention of Jon caught her off guard and gave he a happy thought, nothing more. In the books, Jon takes off Janos Slynt's head and that he is a hero that Sansa hoped would once do that very thing. Sansa is dreaming of Sandor, The Hound. "Get her a dog, she will be happier for it", "he took a song and left me nothing but a bloody cloak" etc. No one else. Jon has Val near where he is and she has his eye/attention but he has so many other things to deal with at the moment, including a life pressing matter. Jonsa is not an issue, nor is it really a potential in the future in the books.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

[mod] Stick to the books please folks. [/mod]

The thing is the books have shown 0 sign of Jonsa ever happening so the thread is constantly jumping onto the HBO bandwagon, maybe if it was in the Game of Thrones forum it would have been a better discussion 

1 hour ago, Pikachu101 said:

The thing is the books have shown 0 sign of Jonsa ever happening so the thread is constantly jumping onto the HBO bandwagon, maybe if it was in the Game of Thrones forum it would have been a better discussion 

I said something about that on the first page of this thread.

On 20.10.2017 at 6:28 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

If Jon becomes King in the North, and he wants to solidify his control of the North and perhaps develop an alliance with the Vale, Sansa might be a good choice as queen. Some readers believe that by killing Jon, his brothers released him from his vows. But the tale of seventy-nine (shouldn't that be nine and seventy?) sentinels suggests that if you desert in life, your watch will not end in death. 

Sansa is Jon's sister. So she is his ally. Arianne Martell could be better choice.

On 20.10.2017 at 2:51 PM, Free Northman Reborn said:

I think people confuse the intended irony of Sandor being her true KNIGHT, with him becoming her love interest or marriage partner. Those two roles need not coincide.

For Sansa, true knight and love interest are the same thing and Jon Snow fits it as a warrior. Or do you think that Sansa will marry commoner?

Who marries who will have nothing to do with who has romantic feelings for who when it comes to Jon and Sansa themselves and those under them. In fact it will actually work the other way, you can predict who won't end up with who based on who does like each other. But the match isn't out of the realm of possibilities, it is a political possibility after Tyrion's death, but no Jon match is surviving the series because he isn't surviving the series.

Archived