NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

I have no idea what TT was doing yesterday. Wiggins was the Wolves best offensive player, having 23 points in 26 minutes through the first three quarters and he was doing it efficiently (except at the FT line). Then, he decides to sit Wiggins for the first 8 minutes of the fourth quarter and doesn’t run a single play for him after he goes in. And he sat Teague for the entire fourth quarter. What makes this galling is that we had a chance to win the game. Also, how the hell do you not take KAT out after he clearly rolled his ankle? It’s not like he’s one of the most valuable players in the league and the future of your franchise……

47 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know it was just one game, his first game and he was being guarded by one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA, but Lonzo Ball looked god awful, and worse, so unathletic compared to all the other players.

Just about every sports site I read had something funny about how hard Patrick Beverly dominated him. Fun stuff.

32 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Just about every sports site I read had something funny about how hard Patrick Beverly dominated him. Fun stuff.

Yeah, that’s the double edged sword LaVar is playing with. On the one hand it’s a brilliant marketing technique, but on the other it’s put a giant bullseye on Lonzo and he’s going to get punished all year long.

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, that’s the double edged sword LaVar is playing with. On the one hand it’s a brilliant marketing technique, but on the other it’s put a giant bullseye on Lonzo and he’s going to get punished all year long.

Well that was a decent bound back.  

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well that was a decent bound back.  

Nothing like playing a team that doesn't play defense to bounce back. That being said, he will be a really good one eventually, but I'm going to enjoy this year as the league's best players consistently go to humiliate him.

3 minutes ago, sperry said:

Nothing like playing a team that doesn't play defense to bounce back. That being said, I'm going to enjoy this year as the league's best players consistently go to humiliate him.

I can't remember a player coming into the league with a bigger target on them than Lonzo. He actually does have a nice all-around game, but he's going to get everyone's best and then some each and every night. 

6 hours ago, sperry said:

The funny thing about the Celtics-Sixers trade, is that after having seen the rookies for a while now, I think that neither of those guys is going to end up in the top 5 players from this class.

Dunno about that. Tatum can hoop. 

Anyone else think Embiid is starting to feel himself a little too much,  too fast? He's been saying some pretty silly shit without really having accomplished anything other than earning the dubious distinction of getting a massive contract after having played 32 games in 3 seasons. 

10 minutes ago, Relic said:

Dunno about that. Tatum can hoop. 

Anyone else think Embiid is starting to feel himself a little too much,  too fast? He's been saying some pretty silly shit without really having accomplished anything other than earning the dubious distinction of getting a massive contract after having played 32 games in 3 seasons. 

Agree on both accounts. Tatum has potential to be a All-Star caliber player. 

And I can't stand to see Embiid talk shit when he can't play a whole season. Now, I do think if he stays healthy and can improve year after year, he'll be damn special.

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Agree on both accounts. Tatum has potential to be a All-Star caliber player. 

As a Knick fan I'd trade Porzingis for Tatum and Smart in a nanosecond. 

Trust the Process, baby!  I love the new thread.  

Hell yea the Sixers are making the playoffs.  But too many Sixers fans are talking 5th/6th seed.  There is no way in hell they can do better than the 7th.  I've said it all year, they will lead the league in turnovers, and they will make the playoffs with 40 wins.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

As a Knick fan I'd trade Porzingis for Tatum and Smart in a nanosecond. 

Wow. I would take that, I think. Smart is in his last year and didn't settle on an extension before the season. But it looks like Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens have this vision of waves of versatile, interchangeable wing guys.

6 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Wow. I would take that, I think. Smart is in his last year and didn't settle on an extension before the season. But it looks like Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens have this vision of waves of versatile, interchangeable wing guys.

Oh you mean like everyone else?  Quite the vision.

Also... Sixers aren't making the playoffs.  Embiid won't play enough and without him they are garbage. Case in point tonight's game. I'm happy the Raps won but it was such a fucking joke of a game, the Sixers are fucking terrible.

Warriors lose to Grizzlies, Durant and Curry through temper tantrums and get ejected...ahhhhh this first week has been glorious (injuries aside). If Curry throws his mouth guard at anyone else again the league HAS to suspend him, for at least a game, if not three. What a little bitch. 

In the East the Cavs had to start Jose Calderon (otherwise known as the human pylon) at PG and got WRECKED by Orlando of all teams. Vucevic is putting in some nice work thus far. 

Looks like the Suns are a lock for the worst record in the league, btw. They are getting absolutely destroyed thus far this season. 

26 minutes ago, Relic said:

In the East the Cavs had to start Jose Calderon (otherwise known as the human pylon) at PG and got WRECKED by Orlando of all teams. Vucevic is putting in some nice work thus far. 

I don't think Calderon specifically had anything to do with that loss.  It seemed like your standard no effort regular season Cavs loss.  Lord knows I've seen entirely too many of those fucking things since LeBron came back.

The Cavs really need to move Wade to the bench, though.  The spacing with him and Rose just doesn't work.

Archived