NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

18 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I brought this up last week.  I believe Kristaps would have added 8 more wins to that 2015-2016 Sixers team.  Okafor missed a good chunk of the season, so did Kristaps, but not as many games as Okafor.  

Those 8 wins would've made the Sixers fall to #2 in the draft.  And instead it would've been a dominant front court pairing of Embiid and Kristaps, with Brandon Ingram at the wing.

Still freakishly long and two unicorn twin towers but just not the same without Simmons. 

11 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Still freakishly long and two unicorn twin towers but just not the same without Simmons. 

Oh yeah.  That January run the Sixers went on last year was due to the fact of Ersan Ilyasova being a reliable stretch 4 for Embiid.  If they had the the best one--Kristaps--in the league, Sixers would be a top 5 seed this year.

Bucks might have just become the odds on favorite to come out of the East if the Cavs can't right the ship. Also, this will help Giannis a lot.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21326383/phoenix-suns-agree-deal-sends-eric-bledsoe-milwaukee-bucks-greg-monroe-draft-picks

The Utah Jazz severely lack scorers.  Losing Hayward was devastating.  Quin Snyder is a good coach, he's built a very good defensive team, but they can't compete in the West with this team.  

Gobert must improve offensively.  He's a defensive stud.  But he has to develop his post play.  

Sixers were extremely lucky.  Extended their win streak to 5, on the road, without Embiid, their bigs were in early foul trouble, 22 turnovers!  Very lucky that the Jazz shot 30% from the field.

14 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Oh yeah.  That January run the Sixers went on last year was due to the fact of Ersan Ilyasova being a reliable stretch 4 for Embiid.  If they had the the best one--Kristaps--in the league, Sixers would be a top 5 seed this year.

You think Kristaps is better than Kevin Durant?

Durant is not usually regarded as a stretch 4. 

Anyway, I was listening to Zach Lowe podcast yesterday and Windhorst was on, talking about how excited Cavs management is about that Brooklyn pick they obtained from Boston.That made me wonder, did these guys even assess what is going on right now?

You've got 5 seriously terrible teams in Dallas, Sacramento, Phoenix, Chicago and Atlanta.

Brooklyn's pick could even be outside the top 5. The chances of them getting either Bagley or Michael Porter, which is who you'd be excited about, seem very slim. That Brooklyn pick doesn't look that great at all. It just might be a top 5 pick, but not top 3. Last year was the time to be excited about a Brooklyn pick; now, not so much.

Boston also looks set to miss out on the Lakers pick ( 6-30 protected).

The thunder are having a really tough time figuring it out. And interestingly their woes are coming on the offensive side of the ball. Not sure what the answer is, but they've got to figure something out fast.

And regardless of what happens, those trades were a success because Russ signed the long term extension.

As for the Nets, I wouldn't panic on that pick yet. They have a worse roster than everybody but Atlanta and Chicago.

Also, does anyone out there still doubt Porzingis?

23 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

8 hours ago, Slurktan said:

You think Kristaps is better than Kevin Durant?

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Durant is not usually regarded as a stretch 4.

Kevin Durant is not a 4. He's a 3, so he wouldn't qualify as a stretch four. And while Kristaps has improved over these last 10 games, I still think it's too soon to call him the best stretch four. (But boy, he does have that potential.) But, I'm still skeptical. I'll wait until thirty games have been played in order to decide whether to get excited over the Knicks' playoff prospects.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

The thunder are having a really tough time figuring it out. And interestingly their woes are coming on the offensive side of the ball. Not sure what the answer is, but they've got to figure something out fast.

And regardless of what happens, those trades were a success because Russ signed the long term extension.

As for the Nets, I wouldn't panic on that pick yet. They have a worse roster than everybody but Atlanta and Chicago.

Another loss, now to lowly Sacramento. It's shocking to see how poor OKC is fairing so far.

I'll disagree with you on the Nets, I see them finishing 5th, 6th or 7th from the bottom.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

Can we PLEASE not jinx this? He's a Knick and horrible things happen to Knicks ALL THE TIME. So let's wait and see to find out if dude can play the entire season before we crown him a top 5 player.

(he HAS been putting up some incredible numbers, ill give you that. he doesnt always look graceful doing so but the dude is a baller.)

45 minutes ago, Relic said:

Can we PLEASE not jinx this? He's a Knick and horrible things happen to Knicks ALL THE TIME. So let's wait and see to find out if dude can play the entire season before we crown him a top 5 player.

(he HAS been putting up some incredible numbers, ill give you that. he doesnt always look graceful doing so but the dude is a baller.)

Too late. Porzingis has officially been Sperryed and the jinx is on. Last time he prematurely praised an athlete, his career ended.

#R.I.P.SamBradford

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Too late. Porzingis has officially been Sperryed and the jinx is on. Last time he prematurely praised an athlete, his career ended.

#R.I.P.SamBradford

Actually Sam finally did well after I wrote him off. Then his knee asploded.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

I'm not crowning him anything, people didn't even think he had the potential.

5 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Kevin Durant is not a 4. He's a 3, so he wouldn't qualify as a stretch four. And while Kristaps has improved over these last 10 games, I still think it's too soon to call him the best stretch four. (But boy, he does have that potential.) But, I'm still skeptical. I'll wait until thirty games have been played in order to decide whether to get excited over the Knicks' playoff prospects.

This is the case even though when the Warriors are at their best in their Death lineups he plays the 4?

Archived