NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

He looks like he's improved a lot, but the sample size is still too small. 

It may be but the things he's improved on is what's making a difference. He has built up his core strength and he is able to shoot through contact now. That was a huge issue with him over the past two years. You can see him now bouncing off contact and still making shots because his body is stronger and more balanced. Before you could put a lengthy wing on him and throw him off. You can't do that now and when a smaller wing does play on him, they're better at getting him the ball and he's better in the post because his constant work (you see videos of him working on it all through offseason). And if you put a big on him, he just runs around a screen and drains a three or takes it to the basket.

He's also getting the ball back when he passes. Playing with Melo was a black hole. He'd pass the ball to Melo and Melo would ISO. Now he's passing the ball to the French kid or Jack and getting the ball back when he's in a better position. 

I don't know. I get the sample size is small but a lot of the holes in Porzingis' game has seemed to be cleared up. And a 7'3 player with logo range, post up ability and a high release is a really hard player to stop.

I've only seen him play once this year and it was one of his worse games so I'll have to trust your assessment. I'm just saying pump the breaks a bit because I made the same mistake with Wiggins last year, when he came out shooting 55% from three and averaging like 27 points through the first handful of games at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Not sure how you can say this seriously.

Simple. You place a much higher value on a single player being a volume scorer than I do. For me I look at the entirety of the player. I don't expect a player to have no flaws, but I do expect a 7-footer who some call a top 5 player, to have more than 7.5 rebounds per game and other things. Again, complete picture.

Just now, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Am I the only one on here, who enjoys seeing Lonzo Ball consistently fail?  It's a bit sad, I admit.  But all of that unncecessary attention from the media this summer built up my resentment.

I will always enjoy Laker fails, but watching Lonzo get abused by Irving and Smart is special.

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I will always enjoy Laker fails, but watching Lonzo get abused by Irving and Smart is special.

Lol, what you're feeling right now, is exactly what I want a week from today when the Sixers travel to LA.

The Embiid and LaVar Ball feud that started with Joel tweeting to Simmons, "Please dunk on him so hard that his daddy runs on the court to save him."  Which led to a fine for Embiid after he cursed out LaVar on FB Live, is such a great/silly storyline.

3 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Is that his fault?

Ultimately, his father deserves the majority of the blame.  But Lonzo is still taking cashing the checks and he's old enough to tell his Dad to give it a rest.  The kid doesn't have to be on a reality show, or participate in most of the off the court bullshit his Dad starts.

It's amazing how many former great players make such poor general managers.  I could not believe Magic passed on Josh Jackson and De'Aaron Fox.  He talks about looking for a winner and a champion.  My sense of a winner is an ultimate competitor.  Josh Jackson clearly has that, and I see a ton of upside, and his floor is becoming a player similar to Andre Igoudala.  Which is one hell of a floor.

3 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Ultimately, his father deserves the majority of the blame.  But Lonzo is still taking cashing the checks and he's old enough to tell his Dad to give it a rest.  The kid doesn't have to be on a reality show, or participate in most of the off the court bullshit his Dad starts.

Why does he have to do any of that? He's a grown man; so is his father. He doesn't have to correct his father's behavior. You can look at him as an individual and judge him on that. And I haven't seen any behavior on his part that would warrant such resentment.

2 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

It's amazing how many former great players make such poor general managers.  I could not believe Magic passed on Josh Jackson and De'Aaron Fox.  He talks about looking for a winner and a champion.  My sense of a winner is an ultimate competitor.  Josh Jackson clearly has that, and I see a ton of upside, and his floor is becoming a player similar to Andre Igoudala.  Which is one hell of a floor.

I agree that they should've considered De'Aaron Fox more seriously. What's the point in having a distributor if your offensive weapons are lackluster? It's not like the Golden State Warriors, where more than half of its members can give you double digits. I think the Lakers rode the BIg Baller Brand bandwagon too long, and if Lonzo continues with these type of performances then I don't see Magic Johnson having his job for too long. (Magic despite being a great player, made a terrible coach; I don't know what made them think he'd be a great President of Basketball Operations.)

3 hours ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

Why does he have to do any of that? He's a grown man; so is his father. He doesn't have to correct his father's behavior. You can look at him as an individual and judge him on that. And I haven't seen any behavior on his part that would warrant such resentment.

Because decent people tell arseholes to stop being arseholes?  Edmund Burke said it best. 

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

So Lonzo is meant to tell his Dad to shut his mouth? I am sure you would do the same to your Dads. 

Why would you not, how old are you, 7?  Especially since its going to have an adverse effect on your career, no way are NBA players not going to go harder on him because of his nobhead of a dad. 

Jeff Teague was god awful last night. There must have over 25 possessions where he either took a shot without passing the ball once (he missed all but 1 shot in these situations) or tried to create for himself and then passed the ball to a guy who was double covered. I don’t think this is going to work. You can’t have a score first PG who isn’t a good passer as your fourth best offensive option. It was a mistake to trade Rubio….

13 hours ago, Relic said:

And just like that you fuckers jinxed it. KP out with a sprained ankle and bruised elbow. 

You were warned. The Sperry curse is strong.

Archived