Branerys

49 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

About as much chance as Arya marrying Dany.    

36 minutes ago, Tygett Greenshield said:

What about Rickon and Olenna?

What about Brynden Tully and Arianne Martell? Where's the love for that pairing?!

3 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

so … do u think branerys will happen? Song of ice and fire and marriage of warg and dragonrider. Both don't have chance to get child.

In all seriousness, jokes aside, no, definitely not.

I'm surprised this is even a thing, to be honest. I know he's only a kid right now but even for when he gets older, Bran doesn't strike me as someone who would ever grow into Dany's type considering what we know about her taste in men. Likewise, Dany doesn't really seem like she'd be Bran's type, either. 

To below: Brynden has no interest in women. It is known.

@Corvo the Crow which speaks to how unlikely I find Bran and Daenerys being a thing.

6 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

so … do u think branerys will happen? Song of ice and fire and marriage of warg and dragonrider. Both don't have chance to get child.

I like totally see Varys and Daenerys as an item. Deyz so cool!

Bran is no longer marriageable, even if he eventually returns from that cave. The purpose of marriage is to create alliances and procreate children as heirs. Insofar as that goes, Daenerys may not be "marriageable" either, but I'm thinking she won't let on that she thinks she's barren. She knows that much about politics.

We only assume that the wolf and dragon need to marry. "Ice & Fire" doesn't necessarily mean "shipping."

lol no, and also Dany can absolutely have children. She miscarried at the end of Dance probably from starvation:

If she had not been so sick and scared, that might have come as a relief. Instead she began to shiver violently. She rubbed her fingers through the dirt, and grabbed a handful of grass to wipe between her legs. The dragon does not weep. She was bleeding, but it was only woman's blood. The moon is still a crescent, though. How can that be? She tried to remember the last time she had bled. The last full moon? The one before? The one before that? No, it cannot have been so long as that. "I am the blood of the dragon," she told the grass, aloud.

23 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I know, was hoping for a readjustment, perhaps Brynden and Oberyn? And since Oberyn is dead Doran should honor it just like Ned did for Brandon.

Aha, sure why not? Let the Brynden/Oberyn shipping begin -- still more likely than Bran and Daenerys!

16 hours ago, zandru said:

Bran is no longer marriageable, even if he eventually returns from that cave. The purpose of marriage is to create alliances and procreate children as heirs. Insofar as that goes, Daenerys may not be "marriageable" either, but I'm thinking she won't let on that she thinks she's barren. She knows that much about politics.

To be fair, we don't know for certain that Bran is incapable of fathering children either. I think the thing that makes him an unattractive marriage candidate is the fact that he is a cripple and that leaves him unable to do anything that involves legs and doubt over everything else.

16 hours ago, zandru said:

We only assume that the wolf and dragon need to marry. "Ice & Fire" doesn't necessarily mean "shipping."

I agree - most likely it refers to the practical sense of opposites in conflict with each other when they are ultimately all part if the same world. Insert that throwaway line Jojen said in ASoS here, "If ice can burn then love and hate can mate. Mountain or marsh, it makes no matter. The land is one."

Never really bought this idea that Ice and Fire had to solely refer to a person or two people or the Starks and the Targaryens. Or even the dragons and the Others.

17 hours ago, 40 Thousand Skeletons said:

Dany can absolutely have children. She miscarried ...

Well, that means her reproductive system is still up and running - but remember how many times Lysa miscarried? She was just lucky that one baby survived. Ditto for Selyse (the Bearded Queen): lots of miscarriages, only one success. Many a woman in Westeros has died before producing a live offspring. Generally while trying.

46 minutes ago, zandru said:

Well, that means her reproductive system is still up and running - but remember how many times Lysa miscarried? She was just lucky that one baby survived. Ditto for Selyse (the Bearded Queen): lots of miscarriages, only one success. Many a woman in Westeros has died before producing a live offspring. Generally while trying.

The miscarriage could've been because of the stressful circumstances Dany was under. We don't know enough yet to say that this will happen again if Dany conceives.

Archived