Why do people hate Sansa?

manchester_babe

17 hours ago, Lemorecake said:

I never liked Sansa, but I liked her early chapters. Important things happened in her POVs (sometimes without her awareness ;) ), and they made sense in the overall story.

But her Vale chapters I don't know.. it seems to me Sansa lost every connection to relevant plot or other storylines. Her personal development also has fallen back compared to other characters, cause we didn't spend enough time in the Vale/nothing happened there. The far most interesting parts of her POVs are Littlefingers schemings, not anything she does.

For me, Sansa became from annoying but enjoyable to just boring. The Vales Areo. George literally sent her to sit in the corner until she has to play her role for the north.

Well I guess you might have to be a Strong Robin fan to enjoy those Sansa Vale chapters. Fear not though, I think there will be some exciting stuff happening in the Vale in Winds.

Spoiler

Like the upcoming tournament, where Robert Arryn is assembling his winged knight Kingsguard. Tournaments are almost always exciting in this series, and are usually full of surprises. Like Harry the arse getting his comeuppance for trying to usurp Strong Robin position. 

6 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Those were low risk compared to what the other characters do to help others.

Read between the lines. As early as ACOK Sansa I, she's been so regularly beaten by almost of the KG as to have them all figured out. That's a lot of beatings. And Joff is restrained by her being a hostage only by the barest degree.

ACOK Sansa I

When they told him that Robb had been proclaimed King in the North, his rage had been a fearsome thing, and he had sent Ser Boros to beat her.

"Shall we go?" Ser Arys offered his arm and she let him lead her from her chamber. If she must have one of the Kingsguard dogging her steps, Sansa preferred that it be him. Ser Boros was short-tempered, Ser Meryn cold, and Ser Mandon's strange dead eyes made her uneasy, while Ser Preston treated her like a lackwit child. Arys Oakheart was courteous, and would talk to her cordially. Once he even objected when Joffrey commanded him to hit her. He did hit her in the end, but not hard as Ser Meryn or Ser Boros might have, and at least he had argued. The others obeyed without question . . . except for the Hound, but Joff never asked the Hound to punish her. He used the other five for that.

ACOK Sansa III

What could it mean? Should she take it to the queen to prove that she was being good? Nervously, she rubbed her stomach. The angry purple bruise Ser Meryn had given her had faded to an ugly yellow, but still hurt. His fist had been mailed when he hit her. It was her own fault. She must learn to hide her feelings better, so as not to anger Joffrey. When she heard that the Imp had sent Lord Slynt to the Wall, she had forgotten herself and said, "I hope the Others get him." The king had not been pleased.

8 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Well I guess you might have to be a Strong Robin fan to enjoy those Sansa Vale chapters. Fear not though, I think there will be some exciting stuff happening in the Vale in Winds.

Reveal hidden contents

Like the upcoming tournament, where Robert Arryn is assembling his winged knight Kingsguard. Tournaments are almost always exciting in this series, and are usually full of surprises. Like Harry the arse getting his comeuppance for trying to usurp Strong Robin position. 

I really hope so, it would be most exciting. Her Vale chapters gave us a glimpse of wonderful things, that might happen in TWoW... but the fear remains, that tons of new side-characters, locations and feasts lead Sansas story down the way it has happened to other characters...

14 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

That tourney could be another traitor's tourney.  LF assembling an alliance to take on the Lannisters.  

The most exciting thing that can happen in the Vale:  Sweetrobin ordering his men to push Petyr and Sansa out of that moon door.  Sadly, the kid is suffering from seizures and I don't think there is a cure for it.  He may not be long for this world but at least he can take Petyr and Sansa with him to the after life.  

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That tourney could be another traitor's tourney.  LF assembling an alliance to take on the Lannisters.  

The most exciting thing that can happen in the Vale:  Sweetrobin ordering his men to push Petyr and Sansa out of that moon door.  Sadly, the kid is suffering from seizures and I don't think there is a cure for it.  He may not be long for this world but at least he can take Petyr and Sansa with him to the after life.  

Only in your dreams. There's no way he's going after Sansa. Robin likes Sansa and and trusts her.

2 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I think he will grow stronger with age and might be able to overcome his seizures. He's "expected to die" so it leads me to believe he will live. 

If he sees Harry hooking up with his Sansa and finds out Petyr encouraged it then you could get your wish. Strong Robin gets very upset when things don't go his way and he still has the final word in the Vale. If he sees Harry and Sansa together and doesn't die from the anger spasm he has Harry, Sansa and Petyr will be in for it. 

7 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

The most exciting thing that can happen in the Vale:  Sweetrobin ordering his men to push Petyr and Sansa out of that moon door. 

Unlikely. Winter has set in, the Eyrie (where the famous Moon Door is located) has been vacated and is inaccessible and closed until spring, maybe even summer. By then, Littlefinger will be on the Iron Throne surrounded by millions of ice wights and Others. Who will probably leave him be, out of professional courtesy.

Archived