NFL 2017: Less Than Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I remember arguing with someone during the preseason as to whether Pryor or Britt was a better option heading into this season.

Apparently the correct answer was neither.  They both look like shit, and both of them have lost their WR1 jobs already.

9 hours ago, briantw said:

I remember arguing with someone during the preseason as to whether Pryor or Britt was a better option heading into this season.

Apparently the correct answer was neither.  They both look like shit, and both of them have lost their WR1 jobs already.

What's weird is that everyone - coaches, teammates, media were raving about how good Pryor looked in camp, and that his 1,000 yard season in Cleveland was just the beginning.  But once the games actually started, he's dropping the ball, he lines up wrong and he isn't getting open consistently at any level.  I don't know where all that hype was coming from, but it sure didn't amount to anything. 

At least Doctson is getting more opportunities now.

I still don’t know if Wentz will be good or not in the long run, but I love his style of play. More QBs need to be willing to hang in the pocket and push the ball down the field. This dink and dunk style that’s taking over the league is one of the main reasons why people are tuning out from the NFL IMO.

Also, I agree with Jace, can it with this over the top praising of athlete’s religiosity.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still don’t know if Wentz will be good or not in the long run, but I love his style of play. More QBs need to be willing to hang in the pocket and push the ball down the field. This dink and dunk style that’s taking over the league is one of the main reasons why people are tuning out from the NFL IMO.

Also, I agree with Jace, can it with this over the top praising of athlete’s religiosity.

I am pretty sure that Wentz will be at least Rivers good, if not better.  I'm not happy about it.

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I am pretty sure that Wentz will be at least Rivers good, if not better.  I'm not happy about it.

He looks the part, that’s for sure, but I keep reading and hearing experts say that he makes a lot of bad decisions. And more importantly, he holds the ball too long and takes way too many big hits. That could take a toll over time. But yeah, if I was a fan of a division rival of the Eagles I’d be feeling a little worried too.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I've felt Wentz would be good since, as a rookie, he calmly sidestepped a pass rusher bearing down on him at full speed and delivered a TD strike against the Skins. Was surprised his numbers didn't finish up better than they did last year because from day one dude possessed "it" in a way most rookies don't. And he keeps showing it with some of the ridiculous plays he makes. He had two last night (the miraculously emerging from the pile with 3 guys on him and the TD throw as he's being hit and there's no way he could've seen his receiver) that I don't know who else makes those plays? 

That said, didn't expect him to be this good this fast. Dude might be the MVP favorite at the moment. And it's not like the Eagles are bursting at the seams with offensive talent. Trying to think of what QB he most reminds me of with his size, mobility and toughness. Probably, actually, Andrew Luck. 

Thanks Browns! Love having this guy in our division. 

13 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

This faith shit is making me sick.

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, I'm born and raised and currently live in North Dakota, live in the same city Wentz grew up in, am married to an alum of the college Wentz led to two national titles, enjoy following the NDSU Bison football program, and that was making me cringe.  Oh, and by the way, I'm "North Dakota Tough", too! :P

Now, that being said, I do think Wentz will be at least a decent NFL QB.  Running a pro-style offense in college helps and I think the situation he was drafted into was pretty good for a rookie QB.  But, as has been said, he definitely takes too many hits and it's only a matter of time before that catches up to him unless he learns to make better decisions/get rid of the ball faster.     

51 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I'm born and raised and currently live in North Dakota, live in the same city Wentz grew up in, am married to an alum of the college Wentz led to two national titles, enjoy following the NDSU Bison football program, and that was making me cringe.  Oh, and by the way, I'm "North Dakota Tough", too! :P

Now, that being said, I do think Wentz will be at least a decent NFL QB.  Running a pro-style offense in college helps and I think the situation he was drafted into was pretty good for a rookie QB.  But, as has been said, he definitely takes too many hits and it's only a matter of time before that catches up to him unless he learns to make better decisions/get rid of the ball faster.     

Noice! Yeah, the kid is really really fun to watch. And there's nothing wrong with being religious, but for god's sake I don't need to meet the man's fucking pastor just to watch a MNF game.

20 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Noice! Yeah, the kid is really really fun to watch. And there's nothing wrong with being religious, but for god's sake I don't need to meet the man's fucking pastor just to watch a MNF game.

It just smacked a bit too much of pandering to me.  Yeah, I think the kid has a lot going for him and I.do.not.care that he leads a bible study group.  But the NFL sure as hell seems to want to promote that.  Gee, I wonder why?:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Seems our old pal Vontaze is up to the same old shit...

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/10/burfict_no_handshake_steelers.html

I'm actually gonna quit bitching about Burfict... This is comical at this point. I'm starting to look at Burfict like Team Rocket, or Swiper form Dora the Explorer. Just a pesky recurring character that's off in his own world. Yeah, sometimes Team Rocket makes off with Pikachu, or Swiper takes a kaleidoscope or some shit, but they always get beat in the end. :dunno:

5 hours ago, Jaime L said:

That said, didn't expect him to be this good this fast. Dude might be the MVP favorite at the moment. And it's not like the Eagles are bursting at the seams with offensive talent. Trying to think of what QB he most reminds me of with his size, mobility and toughness. Probably, actually, Andrew Luck. 

I think their skill position players are middle of the pack, but they have a top 5 O-Line, and we saw how much that helped another young QB last year. And now that the aforementioned O-Line is depleted, the Cowboys have taken a step back. It will be interesting to see how the Eagles respond after losing their stud LT. 

3 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

It just smacked a bit too much of pandering to me.  Yeah, I think the kid has a lot going for him and I.do.not.care that he leads a bible study group.  But the NFL sure as hell seems to want to promote that.  Gee, I wonder why?:rolleyes:

You know, I had never considered that. Maybe it was over discussed to combat the protests. 

Dont'a Hightower if out for the Season

Thankfully the Patriots have been very healthy this season only losing their #1 WR and now their #1 Defensive player overall.  So yeah, no probs there.  Thankfully, the Pats drafted a young edge rusher fairly high./.. oh wait... he's out for the season too.  Well, no problems- have that vaunted Secondary to take the pressure off... Guilmore is terrible?  Oh... 

Complete disaster for the Pats; the D is so thin all around that it needed all hands so to speak.  Hightower is probably the best defensive player but definitely the best player Pats have at the front seven.  Van Noy and Harris are good players but they can't replace what High brings.  Losing Hightower now opens up the middle of the field even more and now pretty much everyone can run on the Pats now.  Devastating loss.  

So Pats... dropped in the AFC Championship game or do they do the rarely seen "Division Round Exit?"  I don't know- frisky issue to ponder.

25 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'll bet on Pittsburgh by the end of the year. They seem to be heading in opposite directions lately.

Seems right. Their offense is solid and their defense is very underrated. Agreed with you, they have the best chance to win AFC.

1 hour ago, Rockroi said:

Dont'a Hightower if out for the Season

Thankfully the Patriots have been very healthy this season only losing their #1 WR and now their #1 Defensive player overall.  So yeah, no probs there.  Thankfully, the Pats drafted a young edge rusher fairly high./.. oh wait... he's out for the season too.  Well, no problems- have that vaunted Secondary to take the pressure off... Guilmore is terrible?  Oh... 

Yeah man, that sucks. It’s so much worse than losing your starting Pro Bowl QB, starting Pro Bowl and future Hall of Fame RB, starting Pro Bowl quality WR, staring LT, starting C, starting RG, starting RT, second string LT, second string RG, second string RT and third string LT after starting 5-0………..

49 minutes ago, Mexal said:

So who's the best team in the AFC right now? Pittsburgh and KC? Meh.

There is no “best” team in the AFC. Just the least bad team. And it’s probably Pittsburgh. Or Jacksonville if they had an NFL caliber QB. Or in other words, next year with Captain Kirk.

Archived