NFL 2017: Less Than Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

On 10/25/2017 at 6:19 AM, sperry said:

Too early to tell on Wentz, but he an Watson (also too early to tell) are looking like they are the leagues next generation of elite quarterbacks, rather than Winston and Mariota.

Dak we hardly knew ye....

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah man, that sucks. It’s so much worse than losing your starting Pro Bowl QB, starting Pro Bowl and future Hall of Fame RB, starting Pro Bowl quality WR, staring LT, starting C, starting RG, starting RT, second string LT, second string RG, second string RT and third string LT after starting 5-0………..

Yeah, seriously. Let's not act like the Patriots are some unduly injury-afflicted team or anything. 

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Yeah, seriously. Let's not act like the Patriots are some unduly injury-afflicted team or anything. 

So, the ONLY way we can complain about injuries is if we are the MOST injury afflicted team?

And I'm not even saying they are plagued with injuries or anything; just venting my frustrations about THIS injury and how it impacts my favorite team. I did not know that my team had to reach a certain threshold before I was aloud to be angry. 

And finally, I explained in my original post that its not just the injuries that are the problem but the fact that the Pats spent millions on a DB who is, so far, terrible.

15 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Or lose 4 secondary players in one game, and then two weeks later lose 4 of your 5 O linemen.  Monday Night Football hates the Redskins. 

12 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

So, the ONLY way we can complain about injuries is if we are the MOST injury afflicted team?

And I'm not even saying they are plagued with injuries or anything; just venting my frustrations about THIS injury and how it impacts my favorite team. I did not know that my team had to reach a certain threshold before I was aloud to be angry.

Whingeing about paper cuts to people who've lost limbs is not a way to endear oneself.

Nor is making overstated metaphors.

But worst of all is using "aloud" to mean "allowed".  That just burns.

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Or lose 4 secondary players in one game, and then two weeks later lose 4 of your 5 O linemen.  Monday Night Football hates the Redskins. 

The worst I’ve seen was the Chargers a few years ago. In one game they had two TEs playing on the O-Line.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The worst I’ve seen was the Chargers a few years ago. In one game they had two TEs playing on the O-Line.

Pfft!  At least the TE is ON the O-line. 

Julian Edleman played DB for a few games for the Pats.  Pats lost that season Wilfork, Talib and Mayo: the best player at each level of the Defense.  Pats still made the AFC Championship game. 

43 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Naw man. While I feel that the sky-is-falling-down demeanor of your post slightly overstates the relative impact of the injury to your team, you can do whatever you want; don't let an embittered and salty Packers fan give you too much shit. :P 

49 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Dak we hardly knew ye....

I was never a believer in Dak as a superstar. He's definitely competent, which means he's going to have a long, long career as a starter. But I don't think if you threw him into a rough situation that he would look good. 

3 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Pfft!  At least the TE is ON the O-line. 

Julian Edleman played DB for a few games for the Pats.  Pats lost that season Wilfork, Talib and Mayo: the best player at each level of the Defense.  Pats still made the AFC Championship game. 

Hey man, do you have no empathy for Felipe? It was like every other HS football movie. The moment Rios hiked the ball there were three people jumping on him. 

Yeah, that's a suspension there. If only because didn't even look like he tried to pull up and appeared to lean into Flacco's helmet.

I think Alonso was yelling about Harbaugh coming off the sideline and getting in his face and the Ravens player who came over and ripped his helmet off.

Archived