US Politics: flaking out and coming uncorked

DanteGabriel

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know what? I'm willing to separate these two things here and give Corker and Flake some credit regardless. I don't expect them to not support the GOP party line bullshit. That doesn't diminish their speaking out in the manner that they have. It's really two different things. I think we should be lauding these guys for calling the President out on his bullshit in a manner that the rest of their party is not. 

yes, lets laud their worthless platitudes while ignoring all of the meaningful actions they failed to take, because its personality over policy every damn time

3 minutes ago, r'hllor's redrum lobster said:

yes, lets laud their worthless platitudes while ignoring all of the meaningful actions they failed to take, because its personality over policy every damn time

It's a damn sight more than any of the other senior lick-spittles have to offer. When is McConnell going to show some spine? Or Ryan? It's not worthless to point out just how unbalanced this POTUS is. Especially when you reside on his side of the aisle. 

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's a damn sight more than any of the other senior lick-spittles have to offer. When is McConnell going to show some spine? Or Ryan? It's not worthless to point out just how unbalanced this POTUS is. Especially when you reside on his side of the aisle. 

Agree with RRL here.  I don't laud GOP members for finally saying what they've thought privately publicly once the reelection incentive is negated.  That just makes sense.  I suppose in that regard Flake does deserve some kudos - because his speaking out against Trump is what made reelection impossible.

29 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

but again, why would they? they all want the exact same fucking things, and corker, flake, and mccain are no different.

this is what is so dangerous about this #resistance bullshit, it sets such a low bar for what constitutes "bravery" or "heroism" or "moral clarity or whatever stupid buzzword the nyt is pumping out, it lets these smug self-satisfied assholes feel they actually did some good and the smug self-satisfied who applaud them say "yes, we got a win here!" ffs flake is trying to scrape together some semblance of dignity because he knows his reelection chances are in the toilet anyway

1 minute ago, r'hllor's redrum lobster said:

but again, why would they? they all want the exact same fucking things, and corker, flake, and mccain are no different.

this is what is so dangerous about this #resistance bullshit, it sets such a low bar for what constitutes "bravery" or "heroism" or "moral clarity or whatever stupid buzzword the nyt is pumping out, it lets these smug self-satisfied assholes feel they actually did some good and the smug self-satisfied who applaud them say "yes, we got a win here!" ffs flake is trying to scrape together some semblance of dignity because he knows his reelection chances are in the toilet anyway

Yeah, I know it's pie in the sky bullshit, but I want a slice.

/Just to clarify, I'm not calling it courageous, just outside of the norm of what this collection of shitbags normally displays. 

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I don't know, it gives me hope. If Mueller can deliver the goods, MAYBE, just maybe these worms will have the sack to act on it.  

Only if abandoning Trump provides more of a political advantage than sticking with him.  That's basic shit.

1 minute ago, r'hllor's redrum lobster said:

just read the replies to this tweet. i have no love for tom perez, but weeping creeping jesus, dems. this is your guy, actually doing the right thing, and you fucking try and tear into him in defense of the 4th most conservative republican in the senate

Apparently they do not realize 99.9% of the job description of the DNC chair is to defeat Republicans.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah but this isn't about unseating Jeff Flake. That's going to happen regardless. Maybe save the vitriol for the GOP frontrunner for that seat? I don't know.

Jeff fucking Flake just voted to make it impossible for consumers to sue banks and credit agencies. 

After equifax fucked us and after wells Fargo fucked us. 

Fuck. That. Guy. Congrats on objecting to the guy he helped get elected and then running the fuck away when he didn't like it instead of staying and fighting. 

5 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Fuck. That. Guy. Congrats on objecting to the guy he helped get elected and then running the fuck away when he didn't like it instead of staying and fighting. 

I'm all for fucking Jeff Flake (wait..) and his politics, but he most certainly did not help get Trump elected.

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Jeff fucking Flake just voted to make it impossible for consumers to sue banks and credit agencies. 

yeah, let's look at flakes voting record:

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/28128/jeff-flake#.WfFdD4UpCEc

just among the most recent votes, in addition gutting the possibility of class action suits against predatory lenders/creditors, he voted against relief for p.r., for the "healthcare 'freedom' act", for sanctions against iran n.k. & russia, to confirm scott pruitt as head of epa.... &c, &c. the guy deserves nothing less than having his head dunked in a toilet for the rest of his life

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yeah, I get it, Jeff Flake is at the end of the day a piece of shit that is willing to sell the American consumer up the river. This doesn't change any of that.

12 minutes ago, r'hllor's redrum lobster said:

now when you say "this doesn't change any of that".....

I would think that he means Flake speaking out about Trump before opting out of seeking reelection doesn't change the fact that he is a piece of shit that is willing to sell the American consumer up the river. 

31 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah but this isn't about unseating Jeff Flake. That's going to happen regardless. Maybe save the vitriol for the GOP frontrunner for that seat? I don't know.

Believe me, there's enough vitriol to coat the whole GOP in a healthy layer of shit. 

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I would think that he means Flake speaking out about Trump before opting out of seeking reelection doesn't change the fact that he is a piece of shit that is willing to sell the American consumer up the river. 

well there is a less generous interpretation, and am not yet convinced it's not the right one

Archived