MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

Congrats to Houston. 

First 6 games were worthy, but what happened to LA, to lay that dud in game 7?  

And the best part is watching what happens next year.  Seeing all these teams do it all again and wondering who might jump back up.  2017 baseball was all around awesome.  (Even if the Cubs lost in the NLCS).

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Congrats to Houston. 

First 6 games were worthy, but what happened to LA, to lay that dud in game 7?  

And the best part is watching what happens next year.  Seeing all these teams do it all again and wondering who might jump back up.  2017 baseball was all around awesome.  (Even if the Cubs lost in the NLCS).

The final score should've been a lot closer. The Dodger's had multiple chances to plate runners, but just couldn't get that big hit.

Both of these teams have insanely good, extremely young cores. I wouldn't be surprised to see this same pairing next season in the Series. 

^^^Haha, nice.

So MLB is having a pretty good run lately. Another great World Series that went 7 and had really solid ratings, all the major city teams have loads of young talent and will be battling it out with each other for years to come, home runs aplenty, and the NFL is showing it's not an indestructible force. 

Although the slick baseball thing is a little disconcerting. Why they would mess with baseballs(even more) for the championship series is beyond me. I haven't really seen too many stories about it so maybe it's just getting swept under the rug. It is odd though.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Although the slick baseball thing is a little disconcerting. Why they would mess with baseballs(even more) for the championship series is beyond me. I haven't really seen too many stories about it so maybe it's just getting swept under the rug. It is odd though.

Yeah, it’s weird that it isn’t a bigger story, and even weirder that some writers are actively trying to debunk it as a myth. Both teams had to use the ball, so it’s not like it gave anyone an unfair advantage, but it’s still crazy that they would fuck with the ball for the WS. And if you have any doubt the ball was fucked with, all you have to do is go back and watch how many times pitchers from both teams angrily threw a ball away and demanded another. 

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The final score should've been a lot closer. The Dodger's had multiple chances to plate runners, but just couldn't get that big hit.

Both of these teams have insanely good, extremely young cores. I wouldn't be surprised to see this same pairing next season in the Series. 

Kinda my point.  Two teams went in, essentially matched evenly in just about every aspect.  Series goes 7 games because neither team blinks, gives in, or shuts down...and then, inexplicably, the Dodgers lay that egg...prevented a really solid, super exciting series from being absolutely legendary...

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Kinda my point.  Two teams went in, essentially matched evenly in just about every aspect.  Series goes 7 games because neither team blinks, gives in, or shuts down...and then, inexplicably, the Dodgers lay that egg...prevented a really solid, super exciting series from being absolutely legendary...

I agree that this game hurt the overall quality of the series. The last 2 games really were kind of yawners,

Archived