MLB Offseason 2017/18 - Yu Broke My Heart, Ain't That A Shame

Bronn Stone

On 11/2/2017 at 2:48 PM, Myshkin said:

Yeah, it’s weird that it isn’t a bigger story, and even weirder that some writers are actively trying to debunk it as a myth. Both teams had to use the ball, so it’s not like it gave anyone an unfair advantage, but it’s still crazy that they would fuck with the ball for the WS. And if you have any doubt the ball was fucked with, all you have to do is go back and watch how many times pitchers from both teams angrily threw a ball away and demanded another. 

I wonder what's gonna come out of this

Stanton wins NL MVP, but just barely. He edged out Votto by 2 points, with each getting 10 1st place votes. That’s surprising to me; I really didn’t think Votto would come anywhere near that close. The other surprise is that Kris Bryant picked up a 1st place vote.

He's fascinating! If he pans out, how great would it be if he were a starter for the Yankees, say, and then DH'ed a couple games a week against righties? I admit that I'll be pretty sad if he just becomes a Zambrano type, as a pitcher who is dangerous with a bat, but not enough to push him up in the batting order. 

18 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

He's fascinating! If he pans out, how great would it be if he were a starter for the Yankees, say, and then DH'ed a couple games a week against righties? I admit that I'll be pretty sad if he just becomes a Zambrano type, as a pitcher who is dangerous with a bat, but not enough to push him up in the batting order. 

When I first heard of him there was an AL scout who said if he worked with the right hitting coach and focused on hitting he'd be capable of 30+ homers a season. If he's successful he could change the game. I don't care who he plays for at this point. It would be a shame if he has to wait one more season.

7 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The MLBPA has extended the deadline to work out their issues with the new posting agreement, hopefully we'll know one way or the other about Otani soon. I want to see him playing here soon no matter the team.

The media around here seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that he's coming to NY soon, and I'm sure Sterling has his absurd home run call down already. 

On 11/16/2017 at 7:39 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jaxom's wife fans herself.

Hey. Statistically, Bryant was virtually identical to 2016, his MVP season.  There was nothing wrong with him getting some first place love...

Though even I know Votto and Stanton were better choices...I think Votto should have won, to be honest.

MLB drops the hammer on Braves. Braves will lose 12 prospects (including top 50 prospect Kevin Maitan), all the money they spent on those prospects, and will be under heavy international spending limitations through the 2021 signing period. Oh, and John Coppolella has been banned for life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Stove heating up with Stanton to the Giants.  Apparently for Joe Panik and two prospects (Tyler Beede and Chris Shaw).  Now, Beede and Shaw are two of the Giants' best prospects, but that's cuz they don't really have any prospects.  Definitely do that deal - if Stanton will actually agree to go to the Giants.

6 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Hot Stove heating up with Stanton to the Giants.  Apparently for Joe Panik and two prospects (Tyler Beede and Chris Shaw).  Now, Beede and Shaw are two of the Giants' best prospects, but that's cuz they don't really have any prospects.  Definitely do that deal - if Stanton will actually agree to go to the Giants.

The  $64,000 question is will the Giants agree to pick up 250 of the remaining 295 he's owed? 

5 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

The  $64,000 question is will the Giants agree to pick up 250 of the remaining 295 he's owed? 

If that's all they're giving up one would think that'd be the main upside of the deal from the Marlin's perspective.  And wouldn't it be the $250 million question?

Archived